OFFICIAL NBA TRADE DEADLINE THREAD UPDATE:SHAQ TO CAVS? McCANTS TO SAC/CHANDLER RETURNED TO SENDER

Ok, let's break down this trade.

Miami gets:

JO
Moon
Future 1st round pick
Conditional 2nd round pick (If Miami doesn't receive the 1st rd pick in 2010, they receive the 2nd rd pick in 2010)
4 mil trade exception

Toronto gets:

Marion
Banks
3 mil cash

I'm sorry but Riles is a freaking genius!

Wait a minute... Miami got a future 1st round pick in that deal, too? How'd I miss that?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ES300

slick haired bastard strikes again
I always envision the other GM's slapping there head and going DOOH like Homer Simpson the next day when the articles come out about thetrade
laugh.gif

Riles is a monster at this.

Paxson or whoever is about to take his place.............take note. Get off your #!% and take a risk or two.

Riley was playing chess with somebody looking at a checkers board.

eek.gif
wooooooooooooooooooooow
smh.gif
I respect that
pimp.gif

lol at Colangelo giving up a first rounder
roll.gif

and If Kerr takes JJ Hickson and expirings for Amar'e he needs to be fired.

I've heard several rumors floated in the last 24 hours, including someone who speculated that the Blazers were talking with the Milwaukee Bucks about a deal that would send the Raef LaFrentz contract, Sergio Rodriguez, Travis Outlaw, and a draft pick to the Bucks for Richard Jefferson and Luke Ridnour.

Blazers coach Nate McMillan loves Ridnour's game, and Jefferson would give the Blazers a character guy who could immediately fill the small forward role. But first and foremost, we're talking about rumors and my bet is that the Blazers are going to come out of left-field with a surprise on deadline day.
via Oregonian

suns need to hire riles as their GM/Owner
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

dude straight up G'ed the raptors...
i honestly cant say theres any flaws in this trade for the heat, except the fact that JO cant stay healthy.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Jesus Christ, the Mavericks won't give up Josh Howard unless Brook is included..
smh.gif
That'd be GREAT...
laugh.gif

Vince and Brook for Howard/Stackhouse... If we're taking that contract off your hands, you better give up something better than Dooling/Najera cuzthere's not much difference at all between Carter and Howard anymore... Good young player or give us our got damned draft pick back...

Cuban not trying to get jobbed again...
pimp.gif

Of course, it'd be fantastic, but one problem..

Ain't no way in HELL that the Nets are giving us Brook.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Of course, it'd be fantastic, but one problem..

Ain't no way in HELL that the Nets are giving us Brook.
Well, there's no chance in hell I take back Vince Carter's contract AND give up Howard if the best secondary piece we're getting isKeyon Dooling...

Not. Happening.

nice trade for miami. see i don't think amare is getting traded, altease not this year. miami realize that and made the next best trade they could make.

Originally Posted by brrraptors

i dont know why everybody is amped at the first rounder thrown in that trade. its a conditional first rounder, that is.. the heat get toronto's first round pick if raptors make the playoffs (right...) else they get a second round pick
Did you read the whole thing are what you wanted to read? Miami still gets the 1st rounder. The 2nd rounder is a bonus if they don't get it in2010. Read below

edit- Nevermind. I see you just realized the whole thing. Riles = Robin Hood
According to a party with the details of the deal, the Heat will receive a first-round pick from Toronto in 2010, unless that pick is among the first 14 (lottery) selections.

Should Toronto be in the draft lottery in 2010, in essence not make next season's playoffs, the Heat then would receive a 2010 second-round pick from the Raptors.

The first-round pick then would be sent to the Heat in any year, from 2011 through 2014 that it is not among the first 14 selections (the next year Toronto makes the playoffs).

Should the Heat not get the first-round pick by 2014, it then would receive a 2015 first-round pick from the Raptors

I like it for the HEAT, they have a nice line-up if JO can at least play at half of his former self

Moon is nice

i honestly dont know if i want him anyways. i dont watch too many suns games but i hear he doesnt play D. the cavs focus is D. he isnt very big either. we needa big guy who will help on odom, gasol, and bynum.

im talkin finals if you didnt catch that

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

A Rose and Amare combo would be nice but they would prob have to trade Deng and Gordon or Hinrich for him plus picks

The only name listed that I could see being traded is Amare.....no one else is moving, salaries won't match up.

I don't think.

Back
Top Bottom