Official NCAA Football '13

Demo details:

Honestly my interest in NCAA 13 is seriously waning, especially after reading and seeing all the improvements made to Madden yesterday with the introduction of RTP.

I don't give a %%#+ about Heisman mode and reaction time is straight stupid.
indifferent.gif

want that madden....

my gators did horrible these past 2 years. no need for ncaa LOL

Demo details for those not wanting to watch the video:

The NCAA Football 13 demo will be available during E3. We will update this thread once the demo is available on either XBL or PSN.

The demo features one Heisman Challenge match-up (of co-cover athlete Robert Griffin III) and several match-ups from Week 10: USC-Oregon, LSU-Alabama, Kansas State vs. Baylor. All match-ups consist of four three-minute quarters with Studio Updates, however the Heisman Challenge game features four five-minute quarters with defense supersimmed.

Sharing the demo with a friend will unlock five Nike Pro-Combat uniforms for use in the retail version of the game: LSU, Navy, Stanford, Boise State, Ohio State.

Originally Posted by Fox5Kobe

People who play this game have no life...

I don't really consider myself a heavy NCAAF player, although i will be getting it this year. But don't you think that statement is a little far fetched?

I hate how EA sports holds back features in NCAA because they want to debut it on madden.

Seriously thinking about just passing on this and copping Madden. Can't remember the last time I said that. I might get this later down the road for the low but right now it's not making me wanna drop $60.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]downloaded it last night. but only played two quick games as i was exhausted from a long day. my quick thoughts. the full playbooks aren't out either... mostly base package stuff.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]i'll play later[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)](+)[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]The game play is better. [/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]you can tell they did take the time to work on the passing game.[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]the new motions, catches and things are a nice addition.[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]even in the demo there wasn't a pass that hit a WR right in the face which was a nice change. that happened AT LEAST once a game... real annoying.[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]the juke, spin, contact motions are pretty cool to watch and the fight for yards is nice.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)](-)[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]not a fan of the "receiver is not looking" thing. not sure why yet, it just bugs me.[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]6-7 men blitzing, 5 blocking, still a traffic jam. But i rush only 3 and they all get to the QB with ease...[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]same exact interface as last year, seemed like clutter to me last year, same now.[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]don't care for this past Heisman playable feature nor do i like you can put them on random teams. don't get why?[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]all i can think of on the top of my head.[/color]

played the demo and im diggin it. ill be there on the 10th.

surprised to see mettenberger and ware as impact players. i know zach and spence are good but i thought another defense player wouldve gotten a star. Mingo, Reid, montgomery? idk maybe its not final but it wouldnt be the first time ive seen qestionable impact players.

TM7 with a impact star is going to cause havoc. sent him on a corner blitz and he got there like an unblocked linebacker for the sack.

Catch animations are a bit different... but paying for that? naw. I'll stick to Madden like I always do.

Road to Glory Improvements:
  • Difficulty Levels - Each level effects Gameplay difficulty, Coach Trust Points and XP Points (Time until starter: Freshman - 5 weeks, Varsity - 8 weeks, AA - 13 weeks, Heisman - 18 weeks)
  • Kick Return (KR & PR) - Depth chart determines whether you return or not. Positions that can return: WR, S, HB, CB. New camera angles for returns.
  • Reaction Time: React to the play by slowing down time and outperforming your opponent. Left Trigger activates, react to the action, release to return.
  • Time Meter for Reaction Time: As you use it, your meter will drain. You auto get 20% of meter back after every play. Gain time back by completing good and great plays. (HS: 5 seconds, College: Awareness - Total Time. Cap: 10 seconds. 3.1 seconds for every play in Practice Mode.)
  • Reaction Time Progression: Can use boosts to improve. Top Skill Upgrade item only one that will give Reaction Time boost.
  • Unique cameras for each position
  • Tuning Update: Playcall - More plays focused on you, more playbooks in HS, better all around playcalling (More passing plays for QBs, more running plays for RBs, more passing plays for WRs_
  • Tuning Update: Recruiting Points - Harder to get Offensive Recruiting Points, Easier to get Defensive Recruiting Points
  • New Practice Features: Scouting Report - Learn everything about your opponent before you play them. Can play on scout team preparing team for upcoming week's foe.
  • Practice Facility: Offensive Field (Scout Team D & 1st Team Offense) & Defensive Field (Scout O & 1st Team Defense)
  • 8 New High School Stadiums: Based on regions of US (11 total)
  • New Award System & Leaderboards: Goals (Position Specific Goals & New Point System) Records: School & NCAA Records)
  • Leaderboards: All-American & Heisman, Varsity

Back
Top Bottom