Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

How's the flying the flag 1500 in person. That price is tempting but I don't know how much I'd wear a bright red sneaker.

I own them and they're great. I do agree with you about the colour though. They're not the kind of shoe that you can wear with anything, like the 997GY.

So I'm checking out those 1500 flying the flag. Do you guys go half a size down from your true size for Made in England 1500s? My true size would be 8.5 (997/998) as measured by the Braddock scale. I can fit a 9 in 997/998, but there is like 1-2 cm of extra room. My 8.5 998s were a lil snug at first, but felt perfect after 2-4 wears. For reference I'm a 9 in Asics GLIII/GLV and wear 9.5 in Nike SB/Dunk/AF1/AM90s.

I got my usual NB size (US 9.5) and they fit well. I'm a 10 in AM90s/AF1s.

Last edited:

So I'm checking out those 1500 flying the flag. Do you guys go half a size down from your true size for Made in England 1500s? My true size would be 8.5 (997/998) as measured by the Braddock scale. I can fit a 9 in 997/998, but there is like 1-2 cm of extra room. My 8.5 998s were a lil snug at first, but felt perfect after 2-4 wears. For reference I'm a 9 in Asics GLIII/GLV and wear 9.5 in Nike SB/Dunk/AF1/AM90s.
i would say we sport more or less the same size in NB. mostly wear us9 in 997 but can easily fit a 8.5 as well if i want it more snug. 998 size is 8.5. regarding the 1500 i would recommend you taking a 8.5. 8 would probably be to small. imho 1500 are pretty tight in the front.i prefer a 9 in my 1500. latest 1500 release i bought was the footpatrol collabo. had to take a 8.5 because the 9 was sold out. its pretty snug in the front, so us9 would have been better for me.

Last edited:
Anybody know of or selling some 998 Concepts 'Tannery' in a US 7 or 7.5? 

Last edited:
Can I get a legit check on these C-Notes, I'm a sz 13 btw, copped them for 170 just want to make sure they're legit

Can I get a legit check on these C-Notes, I'm a sz 13 btw, copped them for 170 just want to make sure they're legit
Looks legit to me -- but I'm not an expert.

Just a question: Are those IKEA shoe trees you have in there?  Reason why I ask is that I'm size 13 too and I find the Ikea trees are sometimes too short to provide support -- let me know if you're using another brand.

Last edited:
For 998GNR fans -- they used the same CW on the 999 - pic from Kith IG:

Colorway looks great. I just wish NB would move the 999 production back to the US...or at the very least, a few releases each year like the 574.

Waiting for some fall colors like purples/greens/browns to play with 
nthat.gif

that and a dark navy. its game over come fall. hopefully midsole options have changed, and being able to colorize the plastic pieces. also, we NEED black perf suede. It makes no sense the same panels can't be black in both options, regardless of the perf suede.

that and a dark navy. its game over come fall. hopefully midsole options have changed, and being able to colorize the plastic pieces. also, we NEED black perf suede. It makes no sense the same panels can't be black in both options, regardless of the perf suede.
Yeah kinda weird they didn't include black perf suede this time. Who knows if perf suede will even be an option in the fall though. Maybe it will get switched out for leather?

Def need some more midsole options though. A gum sole option would be insane but I know that won't happen. I would like an all black midsole though.

Back
Top Bottom