Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Ordered my customs on Sunday night. Got my shipping confirmation last night. Chose mesh if it matters. Free shipping as well, will be in Monday. Pics to follow. First customs ever.

Decided to pass on the heel stitching since it looks sloppy imo. Anyone else feel the same?

Anyone from Canada who ordered a 998 NB1—were you charged shipping/taxes/duties? The US shipping codes don't apply to newbalance.ca for some reason.

^

tHT1fId.gif

Originally Posted by Jtball311  

How long did it take to get your custom 998's. I order my shoes on 7/2/15 and got my confirmation but I haven't received my shipping/tracking info yet. 

Originally Posted by tdavis1388  

I received my shipping confirmation yesterday my expected delivery is today and I ordered 7/3/15
Same as tdavis for me.

Good Wednesday to everybody! Im n search of the nb 740 james worthy in the all suede purple size 11.5....any help is much appreciated!

Nice shot still patiently waiting to find a pair of these bout to give up cause can't seem to track down in an 11
here you go mate! http://www.klekt.in/sneaker/new-balance/m998bd_i185901

should be 155$ plus 4% paypal fees plus shipping. cheapest shipping from germany to the states is about 25$ (200€ insured and signature). just ask the guy for shipping via deutsche post maxibrief inclusive 'einschreiben' and '200€ versicherung' :wink: maybe he's even willing to go down a bit with the the price... i think the pair was listed about a month ago.

Last edited:
here you go mate! http://www.klekt.in/sneaker/new-balance/m998bd_i185901
should be 155$ plus 4% paypal fees plus shipping. cheapest shipping from germany to the states is about 25$ (200€ insured and signature). just ask the guy for shipping via deutsche post maxibrief inclusive 'einschreiben' and '200€ versicherung' :wink: maybe he's even willing to go down a bit with the the price... i think the pair was listed about a month ago.
Thanks bro [emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]128591[/emoji] repped

First 998 for me, inspired by the rf atlantis coa's. The color is more cove-like in person. Upon inspection, I discovered that the toe wrap on the right shoe is WAY too thick (2nd image), N logo is too high, heel wrap is too high, saddle too high... Heck, the entire right shoe is taller than the left. Not to mention the stitching on the tongue, which is pretty sloppy. Quality materials, but shotty craftsmanship on these. Should I ask NB for a new pair or individual shoe?

First 998 for me, inspired by the rf atlantis coa's. The color is more cove-like in person. Upon inspection, I discovered that the toe wrap on the right shoe is WAY too thick (2nd image), N logo is too high, heel wrap is too high, saddle too high... Heck, the entire right shoe is taller than the left. Not to mention the stitching on the tongue, which is pretty sloppy. Quality materials, but shotty craftsmanship on these. Should I ask NB for a new pair or individual shoe?

New pair. They might let you keep those as beaters but maybe they'll have you send them back. Take pics, email customer service asap and then call them tomorrow during business hours. They'll have you send the pics again but at least they'll see what they did.

Nice colorway though. All defects aside they look sick.

New pair. They might let you keep those as beaters but maybe they'll have you send them back. Take pics, email customer service asap and then call them tomorrow during business hours. They'll have you send the pics again but at least they'll see what they did.

Nice colorway though. All defects aside they look sick.

Thanks, I just sent them an email with pics. I'll give them a call tomorrow and see what they say. *fingers crossed*

They'll fix it. They have to correct it but you might have to call them multiple times to see it through. They've been really unresponsive with customer service. I'm STILL trying to get an actual response about my pair going back almost 4 weeks now.

Came out dope tho

They'll fix it. They have to correct it but you might have to call them multiple times to see it through. They've been really unresponsive with customer service. I'm STILL trying to get an actual response about my pair going back almost 4 weeks now.

Wow that's insane. But I bet they're bombarded with customer service requests since the launch of the NB1 998.

Came out dope tho

Thanks man, the color is definitely nicer in person than through a crappy iphone camera.

Respect bro, that colorway is one of the best I've seen so far in this thread and the fact that you only used 3 colors on the whole thing makes me even more jealous that I didn't think of it first lol. Not quite sure about the whole bird **** inspiration but you got a giant pepperoni pizza beanie bag cushion so its all good.  

Honestly its probably gonna take a solid minute for you to get a response on your claim for a new pair, pretty much half the people that ordered are sending in emails and calls to ask for new pairs cause they see one minor glue stain or they think the stitching isn't precisely 90 degrees even on their left shoe so all the people who actually have legit issues like yours with more one than mistake that you see get tossed into the crowd making it even harder for New Balance. I think some of these cats who ordered pairs are assuming that some Master Tailor is going to personally craft their shoes from scratch in his personal workshop day and night lol With such high demand and NB's "2 day" turnaround policy not to mention the limited domestic manufacturing plants(5 total in US) there is just no way for them to spend as much attention on every pair and scratch ones that have small superficial mistakes. Every pair is handmade and hand stitched by a normal American worker who has good days and bad days, there is just no way for each person to have a consistent and flawless pair of shoes when you aren't using industrial equipment and robots/machines that can replicate the exact same movement or motion every single time.

Honestly its probably gonna take a solid minute for you to get a response on your claim for a new pair, pretty much half the people that ordered are sending in emails and calls to ask for new pairs cause they see one minor glue stain or they think the stitching isn't precisely 90 degrees even on their left shoe so all the people who actually have legit issues like yours with more one than mistake that you see get tossed into the crowd making it even harder for New Balance. I think some of these cats who ordered pairs are assuming that some Master Tailor is going to personally craft their shoes from scratch in his personal workshop day and night lol With such high demand and NB's "2 day" turnaround policy not to mention the limited domestic manufacturing plants(5 total in US) there is just no way for them to spend as much attention on every pair and scratch ones that have small superficial mistakes. Every pair is handmade and hand stitched by a normal American worker who has good days and bad days, there is just no way for each person to have a consistent and flawless pair of shoes when you aren't using industrial equipment and robots/machines that can replicate the exact same movement or motion every single time.
qft.  can't stand all these posts about returns/refunds with the intention of getting a "free" pair or coupon code

Back
Top Bottom