Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

other than the irregularities i pointed out, these are pretty well-made shoes, the materials are high-grade, even the insoles are on point...the shape is off and theres alot of extraneous glue, so it leads me to believe these are one of those replicas that contain some parts of the pairs that made it to release using rejected/extra materials or whatever happens...stuff like this scares me that theres such "good" replicas in the market...oh well, i bought em on ebay so i should be able to recover this one.

edit: the insoles, and those tags you see to the right were inside the box too
well my pair most definately didnt come with any of those tags, and I got mine directly from concepts.. Sorry to hear about this, hopefully you didnt lose out on too much money.

Was there a lot of room in the toe box? Man, i dont know what to do. Wear 9.5 in jordan 1s, 9.5 flyknit racers, the concepts rose i went tts but they were a bit long, and sized down in the concepts seals and they fit well. Thanks for all the input!
well lets put it this way. I sized down on my concept 999's, and they fit snug. It felt real good but snug.  If yours fit the same way, then you should be okay sizing .5 up on the 577.

When I ordered the americianas, I didnt size down - I went TTS (NB which is 10.5) .  there isroom in the toe box but just enough to be comfortable.  I could wear them unlaced, and even though there is room, they wont slip off my feet.

But at the end of the day,  It really depends how you like your shoes to feel. With 577's and 574's, I dont mind have a little extra room.  Honestly, whatever size you get in your 999's, size .5 up. 

Lets put it this way for my Americana's and the Bodega 577's (which both fit identical), I could probably go down .5 from TTS  for a real snug fit. no way in hell could I go down a 1/s or even a full size from my JB sizing.

to give you an idea, for my 577's, 574's , 576's,  580's, 996's, 997's, 1500's II get 10.5  , For 998s, 999's, 1300's I wear a size 10, Jordans- 10,  Nike SB - 10.5, Air Max 1's 90's 95's 97's - 10.5

Last edited:

well lets put it this way. I sized down on my concept 999's, and they fit snug. It felt real good but snug.  If yours fit the same way, then you should be okay sizing .5 up on the 577.

When I ordered the americianas, I didnt size down - I went TTS (NB which is 10.5) .  there isroom in the toe box but just enough to be comfortable.  I could wear them unlaced, and even though there is room, they wont slip off my feet.

But at the end of the day,  It really depends how you like your shoes to feel. With 577's and 574's, I dont mind have a little extra room.  Honestly, whatever size you get in your 999's, size .5 up. 

Lets put it this way for my Americana's and the Bodega 577's (which both fit identical), I could probably go down .5 from TTS  for a real snug fit. no way in hell could I go down a 1/s or even a full size from my JB sizing.

to give you an idea, for my 577's, 574's , 576's,  580's, 996's, 997's, 1500's II get 10.5  , For 998s, 999's, 1300's I wear a size 10, Jordans- 10,  Nike SB - 10.5, Air Max 1's 90's 95's 97's - 10.5
This post right here, appreciate it a lot!   But scares the heck out of me.  I'm size 12 in everything, Air Max 90s, Frees, Asics,  Jordans, casual shoes, dress shoes.  From the lil that I read, NB seems to fit differently.  I may need to size down, dont want to. 

repped! thanks for the info. going to try and hold out for a size 9, but with a few 9.5s on the bay, may have to just get the 9.5.

This post right here, appreciate it a lot!   But scares the heck out of me.  I'm size 12 in everything, Air Max 90s, Frees, Asics,  Jordans, casual shoes, dress shoes.  From the lil that I read, NB seems to fit differently.  I may need to size down, dont want to. 

Feel the same way!

repped! thanks for the info. going to try and hold out for a size 9, but with a few 9.5s on the bay, may have to just get the 9.5.
you should check out New Balances site man, they have shoefitr app for a lot of their Made in USA shoes now. Just answer a couple question and it will tell you what size they suggest you get based on your usual shoe size. 

you should check out New Balances site man, they have shoefitr app for a lot of their Made in USA shoes now. Just answer a couple question and it will tell you what size they suggest you get based on your usual shoe size. 

Okay, Am i just missing it on the site? i don't see it... lol...

Today...

the 997 has a visible 2-piece midsole.  you should be able to see or feel the break in the middle of the midsole where the 2 soles combine.  for both 997/998 the shape is a big one.  not only do the fakes look bulky, but the toes flare upwards.  the suede and plastic panels on the collar look fat on the fakes and not slim/sleek and long like on the authentic.  NBs have widow's peak only on the heel part of their shoes... never on the front/toe area.   suede materials (pigskin suede vs synthetic suede).  the big N on the fakes... i've seen various issues... like not italicized enough, the size, color, etc...  also the craftsmanship is a big one.  you can see the asian suffering in the craftsmanship of the fakes.  uneven stitching, poor materials, incorrect panel sizes, etc. 
Alright, I think I got it. What is this widow's peak though, never noticed it on my NB's.

Here are some pictures. Based on your criteria what do you think?

(Legit check masquerading as post)

decided to design a 'koi' version of 998 since I'm unable to get a pair for a decent price and it's also the last day for the perforated suede option. hope it turns out nice...
Wanted to do this as well and I already own the Koi's but been buying too much lately.

Fall colors are up on NB1, I'm seeing oxblood, a light purple, combat, carnation, earth, and cyclone. A little underwhelmed tbh. Red is gone.
sick.gif

Also looks like the 990 V3 is back up, unless I missed that earlier.

Edit: They added silver and volt for the plastic bits, and navy is an option on some pieces. 

Volt sole and cyclone sole. They call it "Hi-Lite" and damn is it loud. 

Last edited:

[emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]128077[/emoji]... Man passed on these for good prices so many times trying to wait for a better price or just figuring I'd cop later. Regret it now. Got the grey, burgundy, green and navy out of the pairs that initially first came out. Nice wear always.

Fall colors are up on NB1, I'm seeing oxblood, a light purple, combat, carnation, earth, and cyclone. A little underwhelmed tbh. Red is gone.
sick.gif

Also looks like the 990 V3 is back up, unless I missed that earlier.

Edit: They added silver and volt for the plastic bits, and navy is an option on some pieces. 

Volt sole and cyclone sole. They call it "Hi-Lite" and damn is it loud. 
****! Thought they were just getting rid of the suede option. 

Had a 574 planned using the red color. 

Weaksauce! 

Proabably going to do an all oxblood and/or combat green 998 though! 
nthat.gif

Also, did you guys notcied the new midsole/plastic options?

2 more colors. Yellow and cyclone which looks blueish grey.

Weaksauce! 

nthat.gif

The oxblood and combat green are so nice. Wish they gave better midsole and plastic options, also was hoping for a burnt orange color. 

The oxblood and combat green are so nice. Wish they gave better midsole and plastic options, also was hoping for a burnt orange color. 
Gonna wait til I see some real life pics of the oxblood and combat colors but I'm sure they will be killer!

And yeah burnt orange would have been 1000 times better than highlighter yellow 
mean.gif

Not sure how thats a fall color

I wonder if that oxblood is too dark to make a feaux USC Trojans inspired shoe.  The oxblood looks more like A&M or Bama color. 

Weaksauce! 

nthat.gif

Yup, oxblood and combat look fantastic, bummed there isn't a darker purple or a forest green, those were on my wishlist. 

I like the new colors. Yeah a darker purp would have been nice but they added a bunch of decent colors. I know ill come up with something. Also, its great to see other midsole options.

Back
Top Bottom