Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Concepts because of the c notes, man I ******* love that shoe.
This fight is going to be a slugfest.  I really dont know who I'd say is the better collaber.   J Crew has some top notch stuff, but I feel they have a few flops as well.  But Concepts seems to do a great job most of the time. 

Office Carpet friday!

On that note about the inside "N" stitching.. I feel like I've seen varying degrees of crispness on legit pairs. Can someone else corroborate this? 

Ahhh i see what your talking about.

The second pic looks like a finished shoe though where my pic was just a screenshot from the video.

I'm assuming the finished product will be closer to the second pic.
On the 997 the N is smaller so although the second photo looks nice and crispy I think the screenshot will be a truer representation. Most of the NB shoes I own do not feature sharp stitching when the line changes, instead there is one or two stitches that is parallel before going straight up or diagonally. 

Edit - adding my OCF contribution #m990gb

Last edited:
not even close? chillllllll lol. 

concepts owns the 997, and the 999. like I said last night they've had some duds with other models like the 575, and the 469. 

But let's not act as if every 998/1400 j crew puts out is pure fire. Some are better than others and that just comes with the territory of having a lot of collabs.

I still think concepts makes the best new balance products. 

concepts owns the 997, and the 999. like I said last night they've had some duds with other models like the 575, and the 469. 

But let's not act as if every 998/1400 j crew puts out is pure fire. Some are better than others and that just comes with the territory of having a lot of collabs.

Own the 997, what you smoking? All they did was 2 monotone CW, the j crew 997 blows those 2 out of the water. Also owns the 999, they've done 1 and J Crew hasn't done any. Concepts has more versatility with models but J Crew is way more consistent, plus concepts puts a lot more effort with stories and boxes lol. 

Last edited:
My top 5 J Crew

Pebble Blues

Hilltop Blues

Concrete Jungles

Infernos

Independence Days

Those 5 vs other NB collaborators top 5.....I think J Crew wins it.   It's all a matter of personal opinion though.  Glad this has lit a fire in this thread. 
laugh.gif

Own the 997, what you smoking? All they did was 2 monotone CW, the j crew 997 blows those 2 out of the water. Also owns the 999, they've done 1 and J Crew hasn't done any. Concepts has more versatility with models but J Crew is way more consistent, plus concepts puts a lot more effort with stories and boxes lol. 
they've done two but one is hideous (SEALs) and the other, the Kennedy, has never warranted the hype they get, but they're not that bad. But yeah was a weird point lol

lol. The luxury goods and roses are some of the best new balance collabs imo. They're simple and straight to the point, which is how I like my sneakers. As I said earlier, the j crew 997 will be able to compete with concepts.. but I don't see it being better, damn sure not blowing them out the water
laugh.gif
. Concepts has done 2 999s. The design behind the seals and the detailing is top notch (I'm a military guy so there's that). The kennedy's speak for themselves.

At the end of the day it's all opinion. To say concepts makes the best new balance collabs isn't an asinine statement as some of you guys are making it out to be. 

There's a general consensus on this board in runner threads that BAIT makes horrible collabs. There's plenty of people I know in person who love their collabs and usually cop every one. That doesn't mean I'm going to devalue their opinion because NTers think otherwise

Last edited:
honestly arguing over who did what better is like arguing over which ice-cream flavour is best; boils down to personal preference and the more the merrier.

I'm just glad we have so many dope NB collabs and GRs to pick from.

Back
Top Bottom