Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Hi dude, been looking for the 991BHR for a long time and my only option is a US9.5 on ebay. I don't have MiUS 991 to try here so need some help with sizing. I got a pair of MiUS 1400 in US9.5 which is a bit big but I can live with it with an extra insole. Do you guys think the 991 will have a similar fit?
Can you get ahold of some 993's to try on? They have them at all the outlets depending on where you live. You could ask how people size but everyone's feet are different and the 1400 and 991 are opposite ends of the spectrum in terms of design and fit. I would just go with your regular sneaker size because the main diff is the 991 may feel a little wider thru the midfoot. 

Some new 991 heat on END. Feeling both (sorry for screen shots)
I'm glad NB UK is keeping the 991 alive I think its appeal here in the States just didn't compete with the 990 and 993 especially when the price was much higher than those two models. Its also didn't help that the 991 didn't seem to get any love from the designers here considering most of the colorways were not very pleasing aesthetically speaking.

Can you get ahold of some 993's to try on? They have them at all the outlets depending on where you live. You could ask how people size but everyone's feet are different and the 1400 and 991 are opposite ends of the spectrum in terms of design and fit. I would just go with your regular sneaker size because the main diff is the 991 may feel a little wider thru the midfoot. 
Thanks mate. I completely forgoet I got the 993 lol! Yes that one was a 9.5 and fit a bit big for me.

I am based in Hong Kong so it's more difficult to find specific model to fit. The 991BHR is so hard to find now and I can only find a US9.5 at ebay for US$260.....which is still under retail I guess.....tough decision.......

Thanks mate. I completely forgoet I got the 993 lol! Yes that one was a 9.5 and fit a bit big for me.

I am based in Hong Kong so it's more difficult to find specific model to fit. The 991BHR is so hard to find now and I can only find a US9.5 at ebay for US$260.....which is still under retail I guess.....tough decision.......
How funny things have worked out. I changed my keyword search at google to "new balance 991 horwean" instead of "991BHR" and I found a US9 in Grailed! Scored!!!!

speaking of 1400s, do they fit big like 998s, or TTS like 997s?
yea they fit like 998's, but they have a more narrow midsole, which is why I dont like mine.  I have wide feet and my feet literally hang off of the sides of the midsole, but the upper is very roomy.

I'm glad NB UK is keeping the 991 alive I think its appeal here in the States just didn't compete with the 990 and 993 especially when the price was much higher than those two models. Its also didn't help that the 991 didn't seem to get any love from the designers here considering most of the colorways were not very pleasing aesthetically speaking.
Will definitely get at least one of these two MiUK 991 when they hit disco

"Remy's Perf Toes" today.​

What. Are those, you have a link

New CW of the 247 sports

How many CW will they produce in 2017? 20 maybe?

Last edited:
New CW of the 247 sports

How many CW will they produce in 2017? 20 maybe?

Got the feel that this model will be what they are focusing on now. With pretty much several more collabs, judging that the sales was pretty good and pricing isnt that high.

Yea i got the same feeling too. I think outside of NB heads there are quite a lot of dudes who want to wear lower priced but more "trendy" kicks. Like Nike Roshe, NMD, etc. The 247 may be NB’s strategy to counter this movement

the 991 didn't seem to get any love from the designers here considering most of the colorways were not very pleasing aesthetically speaking.
these were fire though

i wouldn't size down on 991 but that's just me. the suede doesn't stretch as much as other models

Anyone have experience making a return with End? I ordered a pair of Surplus 1500s from End. Also ended up getting a pair from NB through a friend. They are missing the numbered tag (arrived that way), so I don't know how End would respond because I purchased several months ago. Also, if anyone here still needs, just shoot me a PM. They are a size 12US, and I will let them go for cheap. 

Anyone have experience making a return with End? I ordered a pair of Surplus 1500s from End. Also ended up getting a pair from NB through a friend. They are missing the numbered tag (arrived that way), so I don't know how End would respond because I purchased several months ago. Also, if anyone here still needs, just shoot me a PM. They are a size 12US, and I will let them go for cheap. 

I think I ordered a pair of Brandblack sneakers through End, they were on sale, but I think it came with a piece of paper that had circled area that said "No Returns". Maybe it was just because it was on sale....

quick q does anyone have an issue with a tongue going off to the side on a 1300 and if so is it a deal break for you does it make you not want to wear them
Yup, without fail the tongue always slides off center. 

happens w several of my 998s too, the worst being the cncpts bostons. 

So is it what I gather that 998s run a half size large? People go down a half size? I'm generally an 11 in almost everything and I have what is probably considered a wide foot.

Yea i got the same feeling too. I think outside of NB heads there are quite a lot of dudes who want to wear lower priced but more "trendy" kicks. Like Nike Roshe, NMD, etc. The 247 may be NB’s strategy to counter this movement
Hey don't hate on the Roshe its not the shoes fault that all the hypebeasts gravitated to it for some reason. It changed the game for Nike though, people showed their love for the simplified cheaper option and Nike followed with many many releases of the lower cost, striped down version of a lot of kicks. Besides, the Roshe stands for "Zen" and how can you not help but feel chill when wearing a pair lol. I just wish people didn't try to take the shoe to the fashion level and wear it with everything, once Nike started to try and keep up by adding leather and suede and other "premium" materials and raising the price the whole concept and design of the Roshe got lost in all the hype. That shoe is meant to be worn with a relaxed  outfit on a mellow sunday and should never cost more than 75 bucks. 

Which one cost more? You could always return the end pair to NB using the receipt from that one, End isn't going to do a refund for anything thats a couple months old. At the very least if you have a Outlet near you and the shoes are unworn you could take them there and ask for a gift card, even without the receipt they will give you the going price for them as a credit. 

Back
Top Bottom