Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Got my NB1s in last week, took only 8 days from placing order to getting them at my door. First pair of new balances since I was a toddler, I love em. Was able to use a 15% off code and got these plus 3 pairs of socks for $185 after tax. I hope to make another pair in the future, once I stop having too many shoes.

You could probably go a half size down on the new 574 and be good. Went tts and I have a little room. Minor defects in fresh foam so we'll see if it gets better over time. Really comfortable shoe though.

Hey NB peeps, I've always like the styling of the NB retros but never knew which model to go for. I know New Balance is known for their comfort, does any of that carry over to their retro lines? It doesn't have to be super plush, just wondering if there is a particular model people love. I have always liked the styling of the 996 and 997s. My wife has a couple of 554s and says they aren't the greatest for long wears. 

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Hey NB peeps, I've always like the styling of the NB retros but never knew which model to go for. I know New Balance is known for their comfort, does any of that carry over to their retro lines? It doesn't have to be super plush, just wondering if there is a particular model people love. I have always liked the styling of the 996 and 997s. 
The answer is yes. Super comfortable. On rainy days I wear my Jordan 3s and they feel like bricks. As soon as I step back into my NB's my feet are happy again. 

For their retros start out with the following:

Made in USA: 997 and 998 are some of the most popular

Made in UK (superior, right now, in my opinion): 1500 and 577

Those are good places to start before you get lost and addicted in NB's entire retro line.

Hey NB peeps, I've always like the styling of the NB retros but never knew which model to go for. I know New Balance is known for their comfort, does any of that carry over to their retro lines? It doesn't have to be super plush, just wondering if there is a particular model people love. I have always liked the styling of the 996 and 997s. My wife has a couple of 554s and says they aren't the greatest for long wears. 

Thanks in advance!
996, 997, 998, 1300, 1400 are some of the more popular Made in USA models.

576,577,1500 are some of the more popular Made in England models.

Can't go wrong with any of those.

Last edited:

The answer is yes. Super comfortable. On rainy days I wear my Jordan 3s and they feel like bricks. As soon as I step back into my NB's my feet are happy again. 

For their retros start out with the following:

Made in USA: 997 and 998 are some of the most popular

Made in UK (superior, right now, in my opinion): 1500 and 577

Those are good places to start before you get lost and addicted in NB's entire retro line.

996, 997, 998, 1300, 1400 are some of the more popular Made in USA models.

576,577,1500 are some of the more popular Made in England models.

Can't go wrong with any of those.
Repped! Much appreciated to you both. 

All three Kith 574s come in today. Going straight to StockX unless someone in here wants them for retail. I'm an 11.5. Hit me up if you want 'em, fellas!

Thanks in advance!
Just got my first NBs last week, some NB1 998s that I shared at the bottom of the previous page. They're very comfortable, more so than my Nike AM1s but a tiny bit less than my Asics GLVs. Of course everyone's feet are different but the 998s did me very well on my first wear with em. Walked around for about 6 hours.

I can't decide if I should scoop up the Cumbrian 1500's from End for $130.95 shipped. Any thoughts on if we'll see these for a lower price down the line?

You're not keeping any of them? Any quality issues?
I haven't gotten them yet. But it was a total impulse purchase. I was leaning towards passing on them to begin with until I saw last minute pics from Kith that tipped me over the edge. I immediately regretted it afterwards, though once I saw pics in hand. They're a cool shoe and I love fresh foam but I'd much rather spend the money on their retro line. I'm also still slightly ticked that Kith swooped in with the last minute $20 mark-up. Pretty lame IMO.

Back
Top Bottom