Trust me my man I know..lol

Do you amigo?

FB_IMG_1502400844693.jpg

NB1 Mesh Toe
IMG_20170101_123358.jpg

IMG_20170101_123419.jpg

NB1 Suede Perf Toe

IMG_20170522_175139.jpg

Does anyone have the DRK2 that can give some of a review? What is the color like, blue or greenish? That's a solid deal and I think I want them but I don't want to impulse buy

Does anyone have the DRK2 that can give some of a review? What is the color like, blue or greenish? That's a solid deal and I think I want them but I don't want to impulse buy

I've got them. They're amazing in hand- hype on NBs is at an all-time low and it's amazing that you can cop such quality shoes at such a low price. I'm a huge fan of monochromatic color ways which is why I loved the Concepts Tyrian 990V2s. It's the same reason I love these. The nubuck is A+ and the waxed laces are a nice touch.

The color is a deep teal and it's hard to capture on camera what exactly what they look like in person. If I were you I'd do a hashtag search on Instagram (#M990DRK2). I know winstonandy winstonandy posted up a shot of his pair once on IG and I'd say his pic is spot-on of what it looks like on-feet in bright lighting.

they are incredible in my opinion.. Nice nubuck and a very interesting yet different color. The color is one of a kind and it's tough to compare what resembles it more - more of a teal green if that makes any sense ?

I've got them. They're amazing in hand- hype on NBs is at an all-time low and it's amazing that you can cop such quality shoes at such a low price. I'm a huge fan of monochromatic color ways which is why I loved the Concepts Tyrian 990V2s. It's the same reason I love these. The nubuck is A+ and the waxed laces are a nice touch.

The color is a deep teal and it's hard to capture on camera what exactly what they look like in person. If I were you I'd do a hashtag search on Instagram (#M990DRK2). I know winstonandy winstonandy posted up a shot of his pair once on IG and I'd say his pic is spot-on of what it looks like on-feet in bright lighting.

they are incredible in my opinion.. Nice nubuck and a very interesting yet different color. The color is one of a kind and it's tough to compare what resembles it more - more of a teal green if that makes any sense ?

Thanks guys. I will look them up on Instagram. I only ask because I bought the blue Brandblack Force Vectors and I was underwhelmed by the color. I generally stay with light lighter colors (white and grey) so I get nervous to stray from that too much usually. I do like the white midsole and I bet some white laces would set them off.

Last edited:
Super dope!!! I love these!

"Blackboard" works on NB1 for 20% off!! How could I say no? Ninjaskills x NB x Super Green!

Supergreen NB1.jpg

Is it off a certain amount like $150 or something. I might have to pass on the DRK2s and do the "Tassie Tigers" I have been thinking about.

Edit: Yep, I found it and it has to be $150+. Still a great deal

Last edited:

Here's that pic.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170821-164036.png
    Screenshot_20170821-164036.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 34
I've got these saved in my cart...

M670NPO inspired:
M998NPO.png

Faded Rose:

M998FR.png

Mint Cream/Nimbus Cloud

M998CR.png

I've always loved the unobtainable M670NPO and toyed with reproducing it on NB1. Gave up on trying to do an exact reproduction and instead played with the color blocking so that all the colors of the original were still included. As for the other two- I'll admit they're fairly boring but I'm a huge sucker for pastel-colored, monochromatic color ways (hence why I like a lot of what Concepts has done with the 997/998). I love that faded rose color- saw someone do something similar on IG and I fell in love. Also, huge fan of mint green. Maybe I'll hold off until NB does that insane BOGO for $99 sale that they did at the end of the last color wheel, haha.

Alright thanks for that 20% off discount code. I certainly won't miss it this time for my very first NB1. So the consensus is mesh toe brings you better shape? I kinda like the suede toe more material wise. mhmmmmm

Alright thanks for that 20% off discount code. I certainly won't miss it this time for my very first NB1. So the consensus is mesh toe brings you better shape? I kinda like the suede toe more material wise. mhmmmmm
Mesh def has better shape imo since it's not as bulky as suede but I'm a fan of the suede material wise as well.

remy remy I'm sure you already know, but that pair is sick, mesh toe or not! Gum sole would've been amazing but still sick regardless. Might have to make one myself :smile:

moshepark moshepark i think wood wood nb1s would look incredible as well. I'd suggest picking a white liner and dying it orange with Angelus. Like Remy mentioned, orange guts would make all the difference.

I got the suede myself. I just like that look a little more than the mesh.

My very first NB1s should be here today, I'm pretty stoked. I wish they would do the all suede on the 574 too. With that discount I need to refrain from going all out the next couple weeks.

Last edited:
remy remy I'm sure you already know, but that pair is sick, mesh toe or not! Gum sole would've been amazing but still sick regardless. Might have to make one myself :smile:

moshepark moshepark i think wood wood nb1s would look incredible as well. I'd suggest picking a white liner and dying it orange with Angelus. Like Remy mentioned, orange guts would make all the difference.

Thanks dude! Wish I could do the mint version as well but I don't think any of these blues/mint colors would work.
Would you do suede or mesh if you did them?

I've got these saved in my cart...

M670NPO inspired:
M998NPO.png

Faded Rose:

M998FR.png

Mint Cream/Nimbus Cloud

M998CR.png

I've always loved the unobtainable M670NPO and toyed with reproducing it on NB1. Gave up on trying to do an exact reproduction and instead played with the color blocking so that all the colors of the original were still included. As for the other two- I'll admit they're fairly boring but I'm a huge sucker for pastel-colored, monochromatic color ways (hence why I like a lot of what Concepts has done with the 997/998). I love that faded rose color- saw someone do something similar on IG and I fell in love. Also, huge fan of mint green. Maybe I'll hold off until NB does that insane BOGO for $99 sale that they did at the end of the last color wheel, haha.

Hot like whoa! I love that mint cream color! I want to use that,the orange(love me some orange kicks), the electric blue, and the angora cream. Loving this new color wheel! Any body use any of the synthetic

remy remy mykoh mykoh - I agree with you guys on the liner needing to be orange. I think I'm wary of doing anything myself for fear of botching things so I was going for a design that was very much reminiscent and paid homage to the NPO instead of trying to do an exact replica because of the limitations of the NB1 platform (at least with 998 ) . I think the reason I've yet to pull the trigger is because I honestly think that even if I were to get the color scheme down exactly the way the 670 is that it still wouldn't look right because the 998 would be an all suede shoe (whereas the 670 employs a mix of nubuck and suede). It's also the reason why I haven't pulled the trigger on any NB1s yet (because I'm hoping that one day they'll offer nubuck us an option).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom