Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Tempted to grab 990gl4 for 110, you guys think prices will dip lower?

prices will probably drop, but getting your size could be an issue since they're not going to be making them for a while. i got my double up from JCrew for 86 on black friday, so its possible.

IMG_20190805_170917.jpg

prices will probably drop, but getting your size could be an issue since they're not going to be making them for a while. i got my double up from JCrew for 86 on black friday, so its possible.
Good looks, maybe I’ll hold off a bit longer.

Are those the GY or GY2? The midsole in your photo looks lighter than I expected for the GY but darker seeming than the GY2. I saw in an earlier post that you have both versions; which do you prefer? I am kind of leaning to the GY2 myself as they seem to be closer to the 1991 original release as shown in photos from the original Japanese catalog in this article about the reissue of the GY. https://www.sneakerfreaker.com/arti...tt-kyte-is-the-ultimate-new-balance-997-nerd/ thanks for helping.
afghani bullrider thelonious monk

I do have both GY and GY2 (super beat and both in the rotation too lol!). They're exactly the same, but the GY2 has more white in the midsole, so they look cleaner IMO. Also the GY2 was only available at one time, whereas the GY has been re-released a few times the past 5 years. US boutiques got them initially, dried up pretty quickly. Then Canadian accounts got them. idk now though, but past couple years, I feel like they may have been sitting on shelves. I've got a third pair still DS, so I'm good unless I stumble upon another pair for under retail.

From the article, the original 90's ones had yellowed soles. So that may be the biggest difference for purists

I do have both GY and GY2 (super beat and both in the rotation too lol!). They're exactly the same, but the GY2 has more white in the midsole, so they look cleaner IMO. Also the GY2 was only available at one time, whereas the GY has been re-released a few times the past 5 years. US boutiques got them initially, dried up pretty quickly. Then Canadian accounts got them. idk now though, but past couple years, I feel like they may have been sitting on shelves. I've got a third pair still DS, so I'm good unless I stumble upon another pair for under retail.

From the article, the original 90's ones had yellowed soles. So that may be the biggest difference for purists
Thanks for the response.

Last edited:
Damn I missed the M1500UCT on Oneness. Any other similar discounts online currently or best to hold out?

If you want both they are on oneness for 30% off, so if you end up getting on from NB you can get the other one off oneness

Thanks man... wound up grabbing PALs on NB... I’ll hold off on the UCTs until (if) they hit a major discount... More focused on when these BWBs are going to drop

Thanks man
Thanks for the response. I think I am going out hold out for the GY2 which should hopefully drop next year (5 years from initial release). I try to be flexible and am not a purist in most sense but I do appreciate a retro version looking like the original. I also prefer the GY2 mid sole, maybe not exactly like the original but closer to it than the GY to my eyes. As far as Canadian NB goes, with the lack of product (Made in USA not featured on the website), terrible pricing and discounting, I don't even bother with NB.ca. Even though I live in Canada the border is only 45 min away and I have a Nexus card, so I shop like I am American.

Does anyone know anything about the August NB Reward special coming August 12th at NB.com? Apparently some special NB Reward deals for those who have between 4,000 and 10,000 points.
The biggest difference on all the GY’s (beside midsole color) is the 2014 ones have an unmatched shape. NB had their top shoemakers craft those and the NV’s when they first reissued and it shows. Prob next to impossible to find DS pairs at this point tho. Also I’m not sure how accurate your thoughts are on the GY2 coming back next year. The only NB’s on a guaranteed 5 year rotation are the 1300JP2.

Damn. Last night Saks restocked 1500LN in my size. They were listed at $75 but when I put them in my cart the price dropped to $45. They shipped this morning. First pair of New Balance since February.

Awesome pair, what a steal ! Enjoy them

My order for another pair of 1500GT has been cancelled 5 days after order ...

Back
Top Bottom