Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Just seen these on IG. Pretty nice, wanna cop now but will hold out for discount
2C2D2622-A530-4636-8B7B-F288EA834EB3.png
30% off at oneness

The biggest difference on all the GY’s (beside midsole color) is the 2014 ones have an unmatched shape. NB had their top shoemakers craft those and the NV’s when they first reissued and it shows. Prob next to impossible to find DS pairs at this point tho. Also I’m not sure how accurate your thoughts are on the GY2 coming back next year. The only NB’s on a guaranteed 5 year rotation are the 1300JP2.

thanks for the info

Last edited:
y’all better jump on these. They’re not gonna last long at that discount.

6EB9C817-D17A-40D7-952F-6CBBF194500F.jpeg

a nickle. So they can say discounts don't apply to sale items and/or no returns or exchanges on sale items. A nickle saved from Kith NYC reminds me of my nickle lost NYC story when I was there in the early 80's when people still used payphones. Payphone ate a nickle of my only change leaving me short to make the call I had to make. So I call the operator and tell them of my situation and they refuse to put the call through. They ended up taking my name and Canadian address and mailed me a cheque for 5 cents. smh

Your line is also exactly what I was saying to myself when I picked up the 990GL4 size 13 at JoesNB a few days ago.

Last edited:
a nickle. So they can say discounts don't apply to sale items and/or no returns or exchanges on sale items. A nickle saved from Kith NYC reminds me of my nickle lost NYC story when I was there in the early 80's when people still used payphones. Payphone ate a nickle of my only change leaving me short to make the call I had to make. So I call the operator and tell them of my situation and they refuse to put the call through. They ended up taking my name and Canadian address and mailed me a cheque for 5 cents. smh

Your line is also exactly what I was saying to myself when I picked up the 990GL4 size 13 at JoesNB a few days ago.

so it was YOOOUUU that took the 13....

You should maybe try looking back at Joes everyday for the next while to check for returns on items that didn't fit the original purchaser. I could have sworn they were sold out of size 14 D the other day but now they are back in stock. Persist and I bet it pays off.

Here is a Ebay seller doing them for $99 you have to email the seller to check if they have your size. https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-New-Ba...337977?hash=item4205ee31f9:g:D2kAAOSwIsddQaS~ good luck

Last edited:
I knew I should’ve just grabbed at that price, but I was hesitant feeling I could save a few bucks if I waited...

I saw that listing last night, I emailed him a little while ago, waiting on a response. A

I knew I should’ve just grabbed at that price, but I was hesitant feeling I could save a few bucks if I waited...

I saw that listing last night, I emailed him a little while ago, waiting on a response. A
I know what you mean, I too like to get the best value for my money. It is a gamble though, some you win but some you lose. I'll keep an eye out for you and let you know if I come across them anywhere else.

Last edited:
The biggest difference on all the GY’s (beside midsole color) is the 2014 ones have an unmatched shape. NB had their top shoemakers craft those and the NV’s when they first reissued and it shows. Prob next to impossible to find DS pairs at this point tho. Also I’m not sure how accurate your thoughts are on the GY2 coming back next year. The only NB’s on a guaranteed 5 year rotation are the 1300JP2.
I did notice something like you are talking about in this article as it goes to quality https://www.thomaslindie.com/blog/2015/06/26/new-balance-997gy2. This article compares the GY and GY2 and in the 6th picture from the top it show them side by side. Looking at the suede that wraps around the heal you can see that the GY2 is not cut as cleanly and the stitching is not the same quality as the GY either. I was hoping that was a one off bad pair but I guess from what you are saying the GY2 aren't as well made as the original 2014 release of the GY. I found another helpful post on this forum #67299 by qooman. Which I'll quote for anyone else who missed it.

"[timeline]

2014/12 ---> 2015/07 ---> 2015/10 ---> 2016 Q3

gy > gy2 (bulky toe) > gy(new box and tag ) > gy

2014 gy have best suede and shape ...... otherwise i recommend you pick up them in person

qc problem go from bad to worse"

thanks to both of you for helping me be able to make an informed decision.

I did notice something like you are talking about in this article as it goes to quality https://www.thomaslindie.com/blog/2015/06/26/new-balance-997gy2. This article compares the GY and GY2 and in the 6th picture from the top it show them side by side. Looking at the suede that wraps around the heal you can see that the GY2 is not cut as cleanly and the stitching is not the same quality as the GY either. I was hoping that was a one off bad pair but I guess from what you are saying the GY2 aren't as well made as the original 2014 release of the GY. I found another helpful post on this forum #67299 by qooman. Which I'll quote for anyone else who missed it.

"[timeline]

2014/12 ---> 2015/07 ---> 2015/10 ---> 2016 Q3

gy > gy2 (bulky toe) > gy(new box and tag ) > gy

2014 gy have best suede and shape ...... otherwise i recommend you pick up them in person

qc problem go from bad to worse"

thanks to both of you for helping me be able to make an informed decision.
I was trying to find that article to link for you yesterday but I couldn’t remember who wrote it. 2014 are gonna be tough to find DS but one giveaway is that the should come in the old blue/white/red box.
E795DFF5-E1FF-4944-9F82-32528E2F4BEC.jpeg

All the other GY’s (not GY2) would have come in the new grey boxes iirc. Those two links in your earlier post are likely the 2019 re-release.

A 997GY is imo the best grey NB and the material quality should still be top notch on the new releases even if the shape isn’t exactly as sharp as it could be.

Even when I was young enough to pull off mismatched shoes it wasn’t a fad I was ever interested in participating in. That was until I first saw pictures surface of the Engineered Garments collab. Something about the collab was so interesting to me and when my pairs came in yesterday I wasn't disappointed. The difference in textures and colors is so natural looking that you might not even notice it unless you looked closely. I recommend anyone on the fence to grab these during the worldwide release in September. Sorry for the sloppy pictures I was in a rush to get to the office:

32A84C12-C505-4B05-8CDF-E5C1B68C5AFE.jpeg

BEB77E83-D478-4924-B204-8584BB464B49.jpeg

E3EC8DF5-8EAC-48DD-B63C-01DF3421F548.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom