Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

You guys were right on the price, hurts bad hahaha but well worth it I think. Payd € 250 same als Salmon Soles. Europe prices in general are crazy compared to US btw, sucks :tongue:

P.s. Made these pics just quick with IPhone, will make clean pics on feet this weekend. You can also check them on my IG account guuspaffen [emoji]128526[/emoji]. Tell me what ya think!

I made it toward the end of the line. Couldn't get my size 10, but happy to at least have a pair. Have a feeling it'll be hard to trade since it was so limited and stores that actually got em in the US didn't even get a FSR.
so instead of getting your size you copped someone else's pair.  SMH.  People should only buy shoes in their size. 
so you're telling me after waiting 3-4 hours in line only to know the closest pair available is only one size off your actual size - you're not gonna buy and just call it a day? alright guy...

Damn. I'm trying to get into new balances because no one at my school wears them and they're usually mad cheap. Wanted to get the sickest pair available to start off so people wouldn't be ragging me for wearing NBs.

Damn. I'm trying to get into new balances because no one at my school wears them and they're usually mad cheap. Wanted to get the sickest pair available to start off so people wouldn't be ragging me for wearing NBs.

most New Balances aren't "mad cheap". The 574s are made to be affordable but also have the shape of a loaf of bread. 574s are a decent starting point though or if you wanna come off on some "6 pairs for $200" type of deals from some retailers..

The higher end New Balances have always carried a higher price point, than even a lot of Nike performance running or basketball shoes.

Even in the 1990s, New Balance had a grip of models that were in the $135 - $150 MSRP range when it came down to some of the higher model number Made in England / Made in USA models...which is a big reason why i didn't buy more NBs in the late 1990s (95 to 96 was all about Terra Humaras for me though haha)

What do you look at as mad cheap? Most of what people would consider the sickest pair available will be pretty expensive but you can get something like the 999 Elite for around $100-120 with discounts. Maybe some other people can weigh in but those were the first that came to mind in terms of what's out now, you can take your chances with some limited releases when they drop, a few have recently.

Last edited:
Thanks bro. But I'm not really feeling the 999s. Where do you go to keep up with NB releases?

so you're telling me after waiting 3-4 hours in line only to know the closest pair available is only one size off your actual size - you're not gonna buy and just call it a day? alright guy...
I won't wear shoes that are too big or small. Are you gonna rock them? If so, then party on wayne.

Quoted:

"Thanks bro. But I'm not really feeling the 999s. Where do you go to keep up with NB releases?"

^ This thread. Ha. 

Last edited:
laugh.gif
haha ok. Didn't know if there was a blog or something like nicekicks or kicksonfire

Assuming youre in HS and youre more into the cool factor rather than quality, you should get a pair thats sick to you dude, and that you like..google search different NB models and search thru ebay

Do limited releases cost more than GR? Like did the mojitos cost $75 retail like other 574s?

mojitos retail was around $150. fingercroxx were $150 too. due to much more limited runs (think jordans release times 10) you can easily pay upwards of $250 for releases that are non gr

nb's aren't mad cheap but you pay for the quality. if you want a great looking sneaker with great quality go for some made in usa/england models. but you can never go wrong with a clean 574 maybe even do a custom 574 and add your own touch to it.

I mean those windbreaker 574s I'm getting are only 75. Thats WAYYYY cheaper than the nikes and jordans I usually get.

I mean those windbreaker 574s I'm getting are only 75. Thats WAYYYY cheaper than the nikes and jordans I usually get.

yes but again they are a 574 an asian 574. they are nice no doubt but they usually don't use premium materials like pig skin suede on them

Back
Top Bottom