Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

those 998s at the new balance outlet in my city yal dudes tripping
10.5? 
nerd.gif

those 998s at the new balance outlet in my city yal dudes tripping
I don't mind rocking a sneaker that finds it way to the outlets. A sneaker doesn't have to be hyped to be desirable with new balance…. little different than jays.

How bout helping a couple ppl out by grabbing a few pairs from the outlets. I know several ppl that would like these 998's, especially at an outlet price. 

Thanks!

I'm going to be in Florida next week and was wondering if anyone knew of some places to pick up some New Balance?  I'll be in the Deerfield area which is about 30 miles from Miami.

Just got my Burn Rubbers. Ordered a size 9, comparing insoles to my 9.5 Urban Camo GL3's and they're the same length. Too much space in the toe area, but I have a feeling if I size down they might be a little too narrow in certain areas for me. Sizing might be off, but I'm still happy with the purchase. If the opportunity comes for an 8.5, I may still jump on it just to try it out.

Got mine in too! Crappy iPhone low light pic but whatever, don't think details are necessary. Thanks @tfurumi. Got it from the heads up too.

Norse Project 1500 guys, anybody have how the quality on those, and shape, compare to these older gr uk1500 batches from the start of the year?
Glad you got yours!  Enjoy man.

Glad you got yours!  Enjoy man.
I have the Norse 1500 pack; the quality on them is probably the best of the 1500 models I own from the UK Flimby plant.  The shape may turn a few people off but the materials used on them are top notch and the shoe is worth every penny at least to me.  I have both colors. 

I don't mind rocking a sneaker that finds it way to the outlets. A sneaker doesn't have to be hyped to be desirable with new balance…. little different than jays.

How bout helping a couple ppl out by grabbing a few pairs from the outlets. I know several ppl that would like these 998's, especially at an outlet price. 

Thanks!
I know I would :smile: Size 9 

People keep talking about "those sat on the sale rack" about the 998BR but I've been after a pair in my size for a while and they were rarely on eBay and weren't on any sites except on joes but I'm not buying seconds. Yea ronnie is a bit of a douche and I didn't buy them for the rope laces or the hype. Plus new balance in australia retail all their 998's in stores here at $230 so I don't know how $160 is expensive haha

People keep talking about "those sat on the sale rack" about the 998BR but I've been after a pair in my size for a while and they were rarely on eBay and weren't on any sites except on joes but I'm not buying seconds. Yea ronnie is a bit of a douche and I didn't buy them for the rope laces or the hype. Plus new balance in australia retail all their 998's in stores here at $230 so I don't know how $160 is expensive haha
Just normal chatter... The people that are saying that werent even into NB 2 years ago. I am sure they have showed up at some outlet somewhere and someone posted it on a forum so people just reference that to support their hating. Some of the most difficult shoes to find are old general releases. Nobody sits on pairs because they are not "limited" they all get worn... 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeivLite

Norse Project 1500 guys, anybody have how the quality on those, and shape, compare to these older gr uk1500 batches from the start of the year?

The materials used on the Norse Projects are really nice. They suede is lush and stitching/gluing is clean. I'm not too particular on shape, but it looks fine to me. They do have an odd odor though. I had to find another pair due to size but both pairs have this odor. I'm hoping it eventually airs out and goes away.

I got my 990 anniversary greys. Half size down feels great. It's amazing how great they look with a simple color way and silhouette. I guess it's what NB does best. The suede is nice, but not as nice as my burgundy pair. Which is odd, but I'm happy with these. Laces were yellowed in some spots for some reason, so I'll need to replace them. Now I may need to hunt down a 8.5 in the burgundys... ahh

I got my 990 anniversary greys. Half size down feels great. It's amazing how great they look with a simple color way and silhouette. I guess it's what NB does best. The suede is nice, but not as nice as my burgundy pair. Which is odd, but I'm happy with these. Laces were yellowed in some spots for some reason, so I'll need to replace them. Now I may need to hunt down a 8.5 in the burgundys... ahh
Thanks for the info on the Norse 1500's. Still contemplating. The smell thing is odd, maybe it's the materials or the glue, lol.

I'm still looking for the greys haha. Sometimes out of the box, the suede can be a little flat. This happened with my 990 green/navy's. Compared to the Burgandy and my Blacks, it looked duller and the suede felt not as buttery. What I did was just brush the suede all around the shoe several times and what do you know it woke up. Now they're just as nice as the others. Give that a shot with your grey's. Brush back up the suede and it should feel a lot more like the burgundy's. We're officially the same NB size now, lol!

Thanks again for the info repped!

Last edited:
Thanks for the info on the Norse 1500's. Still contemplating. The smell thing is odd, maybe it's the materials or the glue, lol.

I'm still looking for the treys haha. Sometimes out of the box, the suede can be a little flat. This happened with my 990 green/navy's. Compared to the Burgandy and my Blacks, it looked duller and the suede felt not as buttery. What I did was just brush the suede all around the shoe several times and what do you know it woke up. Now they're just as nice as the others. Give that a shot with your gray's. Brush back up the suede and it should feel a lot more like the burgundy's. We're officially the same NB size now, lol!

Thanks again for the info repped!

I'll try brushing the suede on them. Thanks. Repped.

Capsule in Toronto is releasing the BR 577 Joe Louis on Saturday for "$190." Saw it on Instagram, not sure if it's ISO.

Back
Top Bottom