Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

The Connoisseur Authors 997 pays homage to New York City, the iconic backdrop of many quintessential American narratives. The sneaker features high-quality suede mixed with mesh, plus a skyline graphic on the insole that further hints at the inspiration. 

I'm sorry, but I don't see how these shoes have any relationship to NYC given the color scheme.  Am I missing something here? New Balance, you are crazy.
the design uses the colors of the catchers of the rye book cover which the shoe is named after.

so this is NB #2 for me.  what's there to say.. effing love them LOL.  997NV CW is too clean.  that pebbled leather on that tongue is much softer than i imagined.  i haven't worn them outside yet, but it seems the encap midsole feels harder than my 998's abzorb midsole.  just a little bit. 

picked these up from ebay at retail.  i also got in on a 30 dollar coupon promotion, which was user-specific, so i had to bite.  it's been quite the hunt, but i might've finally sourced a 997GY.  i'll let you guys know after i receive them. 

lol yeah, length wise they fit fine. My pinkie and big toe get is a little to tight on one foot. Did you do anything to stretch them out besides wear them ?

Well I stuffed the toe boxes with socks while I was wearing them. But after a good 3 hr wear around the house they began loosening up nicely.

I honestly think they want to serif we will pay more money for higher quality.

just an opinion on the authors' pack price increase: nb is trying to tap into the reseller market. they're seeing people routinely pay over $200 and want to woo some of those customers. what they don't realize is there is a reason people pay reseller price--it feels weird to pay reseller $$ when you're not buying from a reseller. that's where the different price points come into play. if you're offended by the bespoke or distinct prices, you can bump down to the connoisseur level. not agreeing with nb just offering an explanation from they're perspective

Yesterday...

Which euro spots besides End are getting the tuxedos? I fell in love after seeing them in person

Back
Top Bottom