Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Im a lifestyle footwear buyer (for a national retailer) 

I can tell you that they werent made to go on sale (QNTY's very small)

The colors that drop this weekend may be smaller than the Kith units (MAY BE), i know the colors that drop in Aug are small as well (pairs in the market)

I would say New Balance planned these very appropriately, i actually have the black DSM/Kith pair on right now, its crazy to know that they can use Fresh Foam and charge $90 (versions in Aug will be $90/110)

lmk if you guys have any questions around the model -  

Might have to pull the trigger and try em out. Thanks for the info

Just got my first NBs last week, some NB1 998s that I shared at the bottom of the previous page. They're very comfortable, more so than my Nike AM1s but a tiny bit less than my Asics GLVs. Of course everyone's feet are different but the 998s did me very well on my first wear with em. Walked around for about 6 hours.
Nice, I do like GLVs so if these come close I will be happy. 
Repped! Bless you for this! Copped
For what it's worth, I recently got in to New Balance. Personally, our of everything I've tried on, I prefer the 998 the best. The cushion isn't like super squishy, but in general they feel so much better for my feet. Plus you can customize some cool pairs and there are a lot of cool colorways floating around
998s getting a lot of love I see. Might have to be the first pair I try, thanks gents!

There is a lot of great navy NB I am eyeing, 990, 995 among some of them. To me black works really well for the 990v2, even better than grey and navy (but not kbm2)
need a pair of 995. might be my favorite model. had to pass on the light grey pair at the outlet cause one of the toe box sides was all wrinkled up--so sad. mid-1980s models are my fav. 1300, 995, 670. i have those black 990v2. wore them to a friend's house and he could smell the pigskin from across the room. so buttery

I know I've asked this before but can someone please tell me sizing for 1300? Is it same as 1400? I was eyeing a pair that just got discounted.

The colors that drop this weekend may be smaller than the Kith units (MAY BE), i know the colors that drop in Aug are small as well (pairs in the market)

I would say New Balance planned these very appropriately, i actually have the black DSM/Kith pair on right now, its crazy to know that they can use Fresh Foam and charge $90 (versions in Aug will be $90/110)

Might have to pull the trigger and try em out. Thanks for the info
Finish Line will have pairs on the site on Saturday, but again very limited. 

need a pair of 995. might be my favorite model. had to pass on the light grey pair at the outlet cause one of the toe box sides was all wrinkled up--so sad. mid-1980s models are my fav. 1300, 995, 670. i have those black 990v2. wore them to a friend's house and he could smell the pigskin from across the room. so buttery
Never owed a 670 as only the Norse Projects collab intrigued me but the price tag is prohibitive. Seems like they keep pumping new CW on the 995 as there is a new red wine one out there. Still the navy is the best 995 I've seen. Saw a guy rocking the black 990v2 and it looks amazing as a smart causal wear.

Anybody know where I can find the 991.5 Yard Pack in an 11.5? I still can't believe I let go of my DS pair for what I paid from Slam Jam ($90 shipped). Easily one of the biggest regrets. Would appreciate any help in tracking down a pair...

What do you mean it's crazy to use fresh foam for just$90? Fresh foam is prob one of NBs cheapest sole units, these will be sold in lower quanties because NB knows if they produced them like a normal GR they would go the sales rack for 50% off. They are using the same sales technique they did with the 247s.

Never owed a 670 as only the Norse Projects collab intrigued me but the price tag is prohibitive. Seems like they keep pumping new CW on the 995 as there is a new red wine one out there. Still the navy is the best 995 I've seen. Saw a guy rocking the black 990v2 and it looks amazing as a smart causal wear.
670  Norse Projects:  i checked yesterday and concepts had them for 130$ with a code (browse this forum's last few pages for code, if you want).   

And I agree that the navy 995 is nasty af.  nubuck for 100$ and i passed because  resembles my 998RFs. 

670  Norse Projects:  i checked yesterday and concepts had them for 130$ with a code (browse this forum's last few pages for code, if you want).   
And I agree that the navy 995 is nasty af.  nubuck for 100$ and i passed because  resembles my 998RFs. 

You mean the 770 Norse Projects. The 670 Norse Projects are considered grails to many :smile:

Repped man. Rememebr to stay up on the little things. They have a 10% code for your first order and may be on the cash back sites as well. I checked after I already purchased the BKRs and with the code from the site for signing up to the newsletter and befrugal I could've saved like 25 more dollars. We all like saving lol.

I'm not disgusted by these

For my other NT brothas that have purchased the RF 574, I need to vent lol:

I counted the N's in the pack and I total 24 NOT 28; this is 12 for the lateral side of the right/ medial of the left and 12 for the medial side of the right/ lateral of the left.

The blue/ salmon colored N's that are featured in most of the stock pics are entirely 3M and there is only one of each meaning if you want to match the left shoe to the right you can't. I feel like this release was completely F***** up from the price point to the miscount of N's etc.

For my other NT brothas that have purchased the RF 574, I need to vent lol:

I counted the N's in the pack and I total 24 NOT 28; this is 12 for the lateral side of the right/ medial of the left and 12 for the medial side of the right/ lateral of the left.

The blue/ salmon colored N's that are featured in most of the stock pics are entirely 3M and there is only one of each meaning if you want to match the left shoe to the right you can't. I feel like this release was completely F***** up from the price point to the miscount of N's etc.
Isn't it 28 total if you include the 4 that come already attached to the shoe?

So, are you still keeping them? Lol.

As an FYI, I just sold 2 out of 3 of the pairs (black and grey). Would've sold the navy but whoever bid messed up with their payment information so I'm waiting for someone else to come along.

Very much looking forward to reallocating these funds to Flimby 35.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by moshepark  

​
 ​
Just Us. 
laugh.gif
 ​

Last edited:

As an FYI, I just sold 2 out of 3 of the pairs (black and grey). Would've sold the navy but whoever bid messed up with their payment information so I'm waiting for someone else to come along.

Very much looking forward to reallocating these funds to Flimby 35.

I thought so but no, mine seem to have 24 total.

They're listed but not selling as quickly as yours obviously lol. Those 1500 look so good and remind me of a better version of the 1500UC which is now discounted on END.

I thought so but no, mine seem to have 24 total.

They're listed but not selling as quickly as yours obviously lol. Those 1500 look so good and remind me of a better version of the 1500UC which is now discounted on END.
You're kidding me... you should contact Kith ASAP and ask for a refund. One of my pairs came with defects and they gave me 20% off the pair with defects. I ended up making back $175 for each pair sold so far but shipping is free and the 20% back helped offset the cost of selling it for less. Actually will make an extra few bucks off of it after all is said and done.

770 is also a mid-1980s model ('84)--very dope. as for the 995 nubuck is cool but i prefer suede/mesh it's just more classic

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom