OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
havent cried for a team loss but some loses that left you feeling empty and throwing sports out the window.

96 season playoffs - jags beat broncos as #1 seed

ravens vs broncos in divisional round - the flacco bomb

hawks over broncos is scrimmage superbowl

pistons over lakers in finals

boston over lakers in finals

mavs stomping the lakers in the playoffs

late 90 playoff loses to the jazz

sports, y u do dis 
tired.gif

If the thunder tried to call themselves the Sonics I would hate them more. Going to games my entire life and being able to watch every game with Collabro commentating. Having Sonics posters/banners in the city. Things that were taken from me that out of city fans will never understand.

I'm just waiting for the day they do a throwback night. I just know they'd pull something like that. Not soon, but in, like, 2025.

Speaking for the Hornet situation bc I'm born and raised in NC...when they left, it was so weird. I felt I had no connection to the Bobcats but over time it got better. It was like moving on after that long, long relationship and getting back into the dating world then finally meeting a cool chick. Like shes cool bc y'all have a couple things in common but she ain't like the chick you built something with special with. Over time you let guard down and begin to trust her.

Now with this new hornets it's like the ex, y'all broke up and she went out into the dating world met and dated other dudes. but you love her and you wanna get back to were y'all were before y'all broke up. I trust her but I really don't, but I'm willing to work on it. If that makes sense. Werid man.

If the Panthers left here I would be crushed, no lie.

the sonics and raiders situations are different.

sonics moved to okc and completely changed their identity.

raiders move to LA, they are still the raiders.

i think its different for a team to move and completely change their identity.
If the thunder tried to call themselves the Sonics I would hate them more. Going to games my entire life and being able to watch every game with Collabro commentating. Having Sonics posters/banners in the city. Things that were taken from me that out of city fans will never understand.
i understand that perspective from a person that lived in the city too. in CPs example, he doesnt live in any city of his favorite teams so there is no association with the city only the team. to root for a team and live in the city and have them leave is a different situation. i can understand those feelings from seattle fans in regards to the sonics.

Speaking for the Hornet situation bc I'm born and raised in NC...when they left, it was so weird. I felt I had no connection to the Bobcats but over time it got better. It was like moving on after that long, long relationship and getting back into the dating world then finally meeting a cool chick. Like shes cool bc y'all have a couple things in common but she ain't like the chick you built something with special with. Over time you let guard down and begin to trust her.

Now with this new hornets it's like the ex, y'all broke up and she went out into the dating world met and dated other dudes. but you love her and you wanna get back to were y'all were before y'all broke up. I trust her but I really don't, but I'm willing to work on it. If that makes sense. Werid man.

If the Panthers left here I would be crushed, no lie.
hope panthers move to okc.

not srs

havent cried for a team loss but some loses that left you feeling empty and throwing sports out the window.

sports, y u do dis |I

I was at Game 3, It was lit. :lol:

:frown:

Can't lie I was shook a couple years ago when rumors started flying about Richardson thinking about relocation. I think I would be done with them, it's like a girl cheating on you. Lol...and going off to marry the man she cheated with. Crushing. Noway could I deal with them after she let other men touch her. I'm talking some weird **** tonight.

Last edited:

sports, y u do dis 
tired.gif
I was at Game 3, It was lit.
laugh.gif
the feels 
mean.gif

frown.gif

Can't lie I was shook a couple years ago when rumors started flying about Richardson thinking about relocation. I think I would be done with them, it's like a girl cheating on you. Lol...and going off to marry the man she cheated with. Crushing. Noway could I deal with them after she let other men touch her. I'm talking some weird **** tonight.
no football until saturday will do that to you.

nah man, just how it is when you're so invested in something. when the sonics moved grown *** men were calling into to the local radio shedding tears about the news. it was a sad *** day man.

Who hurt you? Let it out bro.

Last edited:
For me, it would depend on where the past was connected. Retired numbers, division/championship banners, etc.

The new Charlotte Hornets just had a ceremony for Del Curry... but that's not the Charlotte Hornets he played for. That franchise is in New Orleans.

But if my fandom 'moved' with the New Orleans Hornets and stayed with the New Orleans Pelicans and then the Charlotte Bobcats that I had no connection to changed to the Charlotte Bobcats and hung retired numbers from my old LJ/Zo Hornets, I'd jump ship.
This! The NBA has to fix this though. Gary Payton's jersey may never be retired because he said he never played for the Thunder. Zo, Larry Johnson, etc. would have the Pelicans retire their jersey 
mean.gif
. The NBA has made a mess of this. 

I haven't cried yet, win or lose, but I can't fathom not crying if, IF, the Cubs ever win a world series. I have no idea how I wouldn't. Entire generations of families have died without that happening.

The Dolphins are my favorite team, of my favorite sport. But they won, twice (before I was born) but people today remember those teams. My parents, etc.
If they won, great, I'd be thrilled, same as I've been for the Lakers or Canes.

But the Cubs......

My great grandma is 95, she wasn't alive when the Cubs last won. ****, her parents weren't even teenagers yet. :lol:

I'd flat out not even be human if I don't cry if/when that day comes. Hopefully I find out someday.

Last edited:
I cried when the Rams left. :frown:

And when Darin Erstad squeezed that final out off of Kenny Lofton's bat. :smokin

I thought I would cry when the Mavs won.

i was too drunk though.

Definitely me two years ago.

I think the Mariners winning a ship would get the biggest emotion out of me.

No loss has made me cry though

Last edited:
[quote name="KhalilMack52"][quote name="DarthSka"]I cried when the Rams left. :frown:[/quote]Well they're coming back[/quote]And I'm mixed about it. I live an hour and a half from STL now.

Fools are leaving me again. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom