Official NFL Free Agency + Trades vol. It's Time.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Vince Young to Philly makes no sense to me. He will be the backup, all season, and not get any burn unless Vick gets hurt, obviously. But what's the point of this? There are better opportunities out there for him, even from a "holding the clipboard and signaling plays" position. He won't learn anything from Michael Vick, and don't come at me saying he will. Mike Vick had a tremendous season and I'm sure will have another great one. But he is a year out of prison and still learning himself, he won't be a mentor to VY.

The move just doesn't fit, Oakland, Miami, San Fran, Washington all places that could have fit him better, and given him a legit chance to start.
OK...what teams out there that NEED a QB, would actually start VY?  Those teams probably have 1) no interest in the guy 2) same amount of offensive talent in Tennessee.  Why go somewhere that you'd be just as bad or worse off? 

If VY wants to prove that he can play, he put himself in a GREAT situation in Philly.  With the way Vick plays, there's always a chance that he'll miss some time due to injury.  In steps VY.  He's now surrounded by an offensively SICK Eagles squad.  They got talent at every skill position.  Young is now in a situation (where if he plays) there are NO excuses for him to be a %#$+ QB.  He's got so much talent around him....probably the most since he was at UT.  If he performs well, he can parlay that success into a BIG contract in 2012 with another squad where he would be the unquestioned starter.  THIS is why it's an ideal situation for Young. 

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Vince Young to Philly makes no sense to me. He will be the backup, all season, and not get any burn unless Vick gets hurt, obviously. But what's the point of this? There are better opportunities out there for him, even from a "holding the clipboard and signaling plays" position. He won't learn anything from Michael Vick, and don't come at me saying he will. Mike Vick had a tremendous season and I'm sure will have another great one. But he is a year out of prison and still learning himself, he won't be a mentor to VY.

The move just doesn't fit, Oakland, Miami, San Fran, Washington all places that could have fit him better, and given him a legit chance to start.
OK...what teams out there that NEED a QB, would actually start VY?  Those teams probably have 1) no interest in the guy 2) same amount of offensive talent in Tennessee.  Why go somewhere that you'd be just as bad or worse off? 

If VY wants to prove that he can play, he put himself in a GREAT situation in Philly.  With the way Vick plays, there's always a chance that he'll miss some time due to injury.  In steps VY.  He's now surrounded by an offensively SICK Eagles squad.  They got talent at every skill position.  Young is now in a situation (where if he plays) there are NO excuses for him to be a %#$+ QB.  He's got so much talent around him....probably the most since he was at UT.  If he performs well, he can parlay that success into a BIG contract in 2012 with another squad where he would be the unquestioned starter.  THIS is why it's an ideal situation for Young. 

Vince youung should have been a starter smh

People should get suspended for posting incarcerated bob

Vince youung should have been a starter smh

People should get suspended for posting incarcerated bob

Originally Posted by krazy88s

The Bucs just gave a punter, Michael Koenan a 6 year $19.5 million deal. $6.5 guaranteed.

Chill, chill my man Koenan has sick air time on his punts. We got this. 
laugh.gif

We still have about 43 million left in cap room. I'm waiting for our blockbuster deal for a new long-snapper.

Originally Posted by krazy88s

The Bucs just gave a punter, Michael Koenan a 6 year $19.5 million deal. $6.5 guaranteed.

Chill, chill my man Koenan has sick air time on his punts. We got this. 
laugh.gif

We still have about 43 million left in cap room. I'm waiting for our blockbuster deal for a new long-snapper.

Koenen was elite in 2008. Falcons only allowed 49 PR yards for the whole season, an NFL record. Hasn't been able to duplicate that. Even if he could, that's silly money to give to a punter.

Koenen was elite in 2008. Falcons only allowed 49 PR yards for the whole season, an NFL record. Hasn't been able to duplicate that. Even if he could, that's silly money to give to a punter.

dont think a lot of teams were offering VY anything. Cant really blame him for taking this backup roll

dont think a lot of teams were offering VY anything. Cant really blame him for taking this backup roll

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]to recap and update while i was away....[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]- [/color] Texans sign CB Johnathan Joseph

-
Falcons re-sign OT Tyson Clabo

-
Saints sign RB Darren Sproles

-
Buccaneers re-sign G Davin Joseph

-
Eagles sign QB Vince Young

-
Texans sign SS Danieal Manning

- Jags are close to signing S Dawan Landry

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]- [/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Falcons release WR [/color]Michael Jenkins[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)] and DE [/color]Jamaal Anderson[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)].

[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]to recap and update while i was away....[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]- [/color] Texans sign CB Johnathan Joseph

-
Falcons re-sign OT Tyson Clabo

-
Saints sign RB Darren Sproles

-
Buccaneers re-sign G Davin Joseph

-
Eagles sign QB Vince Young

-
Texans sign SS Danieal Manning

- Jags are close to signing S Dawan Landry

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]- [/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Falcons release WR [/color]Michael Jenkins[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)] and DE [/color]Jamaal Anderson[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)].

[/color]

@michaelombardi: Just updated the Nnamdi situation--49ers telling people they are out..Right now, Dallas and Jets, Ryan brothers are battling. Stay tuned

@michaelombardi: Just updated the Nnamdi situation--49ers telling people they are out..Right now, Dallas and Jets, Ryan brothers are battling. Stay tuned

I think they will actually use vince in certain situations throughout the season. That and maybe put him in for Vick in less important games/possible blowout games. Having both actually prolong Vicks season and at the same time give Vince some burn and possibly a two-headed monster tandem. I think this might work. I mean ppl said the same thing about these eagles with vick having to back up behind mcnabb/kolb. only thing is you can actually utilize all these weapons because neither are hurt and potentially produce, similar to what they was expecting with a vick/mcnabb combo.

Back
Top Bottom