Official NFL Offseason Thread

and go after Asomugha or I guess draft one as well..
Raiders said he's getting the Franchise Tag. sso its gonna cost the Texans $$$$ and draft picks to land him
so draft mayb the way to go

No knock on Ellis, but how do you pass Gholston, a PROVEN 3-4 DE, for Ellis. I just can't see it right now.
Because Gholston is going to have to change positions, just like Ellis. Gholston is going to have to stand up and play OLB in the 3-4. Ain'tno way he's playing DE. It's just going to come down to who they'd rather build their defense around. Can't go wrong either way, IMO...

The Cowboys really need to be in on these WRs that will supposedly come available this offseason. Roy Williams, Chad, Fitz, whoever. If you can use one of yourfirst rounders and go get one of them, do it. I'd rather go that route than look for Limas Sweed or Early Doucet in the back end of Round 1...

I know Cowboys fans have discussed this in depth on here, but for some outsider opinions... Let's say the Cowboys can get the #1 pick (McFadden) for boththeir first rounders and Marion Barber... You're Jerry Jones, do you pull the trigger?

You're Jerry Jones, do you pull the trigger?
no it just doesn't make any sense.

And I want Gholston in green
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

and go after Asomugha or I guess draft one as well..
Raiders said he's getting the Franchise Tag. sso its gonna cost the Texans $$$$ and draft picks to land him
so draft mayb the way to go

Ahh I guess your right.. Seeing as we don't have a 2nd round pick, lets go for that Tackle please or DB please.. Anything other than that in the firstwould be downright dumb.. Also, can you explain this franchise tag thing cuz I have no clue about it..

Also, can you explain this franchise tag thing cuz I have no clue about it..

it's when an NFL team designates a certain player that's gonna be an unrestricted free agent. It's pretty much so that teams can keep valuableplayers while loking for acquisitions or young talent in the draft without going over the cap.

Smith is just guessing, because of the former Patriot Staffers (Mangini and Romeo).
Last time I talked to him was over the hollidays and he was on some $$$$$ tip
laugh.gif

The Cowboys really need to be in on these WRs that will supposedly come available this offseason. Roy Williams, Chad, Fitz, whoever. If you can use one of your first rounders and go get one of them, do it. I'd rather go that route than look for Limas Sweed or Early Doucet in the back end of Round 1...
where the hell do yall keep getting roy and ftiz will be traded?

as he should be

yes and no. does he wanna go the Dre Bly/Nate Clements route and go to the highest bidder and play on a bum team or does he wanna stick with a winningsituation and get paid a fraction less. losing a championship game can change !%%%%! whole attitudes. (as u see he already talkin bout he wanna be wit Pats inthe media but that just Alonzo putting the pressure and the ball in the Pats FO court )

** O yea, I wanna see if the Vikes have the balls to stick with Tavaris Jackson at QB

where the hell do yall keep getting roy and ftiz will be traded?
I've read several different places that Roy Williams isn't re-signing in Detroit, and they'd be tempted to move him by the rightoffer. Maybe he's not being shopped, but he definitely could be moved. Add that to the people on Longhorns boards that swear they've talked to Roy andhe's dying to get back in Texas... He's in the last year of his rookie deal, wants a big contract, and wants to be a big piece of an offense. CalvinJohnson is about to be the man in Detroit, and he's not going anywhere anytime soon.

The Fitzgerald stuff is just more speculation left hanging from his rumored complaints this about the offense moving to a more run-oriented style, and theassumption that they may shop him in the offseason since they aren't likely to pay both Bolden and Fitz like #1 receivers.
** O yea, I wanna see if the Vikes have the balls to stick with Tavaris Jackson at QB
Man, there ain't no way...
laugh.gif

Mr. Samuel we have a place for you here in Sunny San Diego.

Could you imagine that?

Cro-Man
Asante
Jammer

Weddle
Fill-in-veteran safety here.

The Charger FO has the means (i.e. $$$$) to do it too.

Originally Posted by BullsRepeat3Peat

Also, can you explain this franchise tag thing cuz I have no clue about it..

it's when an NFL team designates a certain player that's gonna be an unrestricted free agent. It's pretty much so that teams can keep valuable players while loking for acquisitions or young talent in the draft without going over the cap.

Ahhh Thank you my good man.. I'm hearing locally we might go for Johnathan Stewart.. I actually don't mind that pick at all.

Jacksonville radio station 1010XL is reporting that Gregg Williams has been hired by the Jaguars as defensive coordinator.

The decision isn't expected to be announced for another day, but the Jags have found a quality (though likely pricey) upgrade for MIke Smith, who is now in Atlanta. Williams was once thought to be the favorite for the head coaching job in Washington, but the ******** decided to pursue other options. He inherits a similar 4-3 defensive scheme with better personnel, including two of the best DTs in football.

Originally Posted by SupraTurbo619

Mr. Samuel we have a place for you here in Sunny San Diego.

Could you imagine that?

Cro-Man
Asante
Jammer

Weddle
Fill-in-veteran safety here.

The Charger FO has the means (i.e. $$$$) to do it too.

you really think one of those dudes is gonna take a hit and be the Nickel?? i know Cro isnt planning on it... Samual sure as hell isnt....

jammer?
grin.gif

okay...I am just looking for some "talking cowboys"

I think this defense (as it is right now) has the potential to be a top 3 D, but it all depends on how Roy plays...we all know that there is nothing we can doabout him (can't trade him or cut him because of the signing bonus we handed to him and the cap hits we will take)...though signing Dave Campo as oursecondary coach is a step in the right direction...Campo was the HC of the boys when he drafted Roy from Oklahoma and if yall remember, those were Roys bestyears...(yeah yeah I know he was playing alongside Darren Woodson...but Campo had to have had some influence in his play)...

Time to see my Jets draft yet another Offensive Linemen, and do nothing about the Chad Pennington situation.

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

Jacksonville radio station 1010XL is reporting that Gregg Williams has been hired by the Jaguars as defensive coordinator.

The decision isn't expected to be announced for another day, but the Jags have found a quality (though likely pricey) upgrade for MIke Smith, who is now in Atlanta. Williams was once thought to be the favorite for the head coaching job in Washington, but the ******** decided to pursue other options. He inherits a similar 4-3 defensive scheme with better personnel, including two of the best DTs in football.

Yup, I saw this on ESPN. Good pick-up
Still don't know why the ******** let him go...

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

pimp.gif

[h1]Mora reaches deal to be Hawks' head coach once Holmgren retires[/h1]Jim Mora reached a five-year agreement Tuesday that will allow him to transition into the head coaching job with the Seattle Seahawks once Mike Holmgren retires after the season, a source close to Mora told ESPN.com.

No surprise there.

Dear AJ, This is what I want SD's nickel formation to look like next year:

#1 Jammer
#2 Cro
Nickelback: Reggie Smith
MLB: Weddle
SS: Hart
FS: Paul Oliver

PLEASE GOD PLEASE

can we get a little bit of discussion going???

Any players that are on the trade block that yall know about?

Are Fitzy and Roy both gunna be on the block or are those some dumb rumors...

Teams can start applying franchise tags tomorrow... expect to see:
Haynesworth
Allen
Dansby (can't remember if he was tagged last year...)

All tagged.

[h4]http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/...e-would-play-for-Eagles-if-trad?urn=nfl,64569[/h4]
[h4]Fitzgerald says he would play for Eagles if trade develops[/h4]

ept_sports_rumors-563710526-1190316579.jpg

Getty Images

Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald said during an interview with a Philadelphia radio show that the Philadelphia Eagles are one of four teams he'd like to play for if traded according to Profootballtalk.com.

It remains to be seen whether the Cardinals will try to trade Fitzgerald. Due to escalators in his contract, he's scheduled to earn salaries of $14.59 million in 2008 and $17.355 million in 2009. That's nearly $32 million over two years, and then he'll hit the open market at only 26 years of age.

The Cardinals could pay him the money for the next two seasons. But it would then cost more than $20 million to retain his rights via the franchise tag for the 2010 season.

Back
Top Bottom