Official NFL Offseason Thread

http://We can post all the trades, coaching changes, free agent pickups, retirements and rumors that go on during theoffseason in here.

Dolphins named Dan Henning offensive coordinator.

He got the job over Giants QBs coach Chris Palmer and former Falcons OC Hue Jackson. Henning has much history with the Dolphins' new front office andcoaching staff. He worked under Bill Parcells with the Jets. Henning is a conservative play caller, but the Dolphins' strength in personnel is on theground, so his style should be a fit. The hire is good news for Ronnie Brown.

49ers agreed to terms with QB Shaun Hill on a three-year contract.

The deal is likely worth about $2 million annually with incentives that will up the value if Hill beats out Alex Smith to start. Hill is currently recoveringfrom finger surgery, but will be 100% by OTAs. The former undrafted free agent managed three games well late in 2007. New OC Mike Martz has always likedunheralded projects, and Hill qualifies. But a healthy Smith is much more gifted and may have a slight early edge in the impending competition

Message to Mike Tannenbaum, General Manager, NY Jets:

Mike, your first order of business, with regards to signing a free agent, is Asante Samuel.

Get Alonzo Shavers on the phone and tell him to name a price.

You find a way to make it work... There won't be a salary cap in a few seasons anyway.

-Sincerely,

Fizz

Now I play the waiting game...

Dear Bill Belichick, resign Randy Moss, and replace all your "Veterans" (See: Old, worn out, slow, ineffective) defense. The only reason why thePats defense was ranked 4th this season was because their offense was on the field for 70% of the game. Pats defense ruined their chances of 19-0.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Message to Mike Tannenbaum, General Manager, NY Jets:
Draft Vernon Gholston

yes.gif

Wow....Asante + Revis would be
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Well, I dunno....Cause they are two differenst styles of corner, from what I have seen (a BIT) of Revis. He's real physical correct? Dunno if 'Zantwill fit in the scheme...

Is Julius Jones gone yet?
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Dear Bill Belichick, resign Randy Moss, and replace all your "Veterans" (See: Old, worn out, slow, ineffective) defense. The only reason why the Pats defense was ranked 4th this season was because their offense was on the field for 70% of the game. Pats defense ruined their chances of 19-0.

Nope...the defense did work last night. Like Allen said, that o-line, who normally is good, let us down. Not blaming them 100%...but they get half theblame.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Wow....Asante + Revis would be
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Well, I dunno....Cause they are two differenst styles of corner, from what I have seen (a BIT) of Revis. He's real physical correct? Dunno if 'Zant will fit in the scheme...

Is Julius Jones gone yet?
roll.gif

Yeah, Revis is more of a physical corner, but my dude stay getting burned by fast/physical receivers (Moss, L. Evans, etc...).
smh.gif

PLUS, if Moss re-signs, we stand a HELL of a better chance at contending for the division w/ Zant on our side.

-And to the other Jets fans: latest rumor is that Sedrick Ellis (DT-USC)will be our first pick over Gholston.

tired.gif

No knock on Ellis, but how do you pass Gholston, a PROVEN 3-4 DE, for Ellis. I just can't see it right now.

Maybe the combine will help...
ohwell.gif

Jags....we're good...but I still think we're missing that #1 receiver that defenses have to account for. Ocho Cinco? Fitz? Look into it please

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

Jags....we're good...but I still think we're missing that #1 receiver that defenses have to account for. Ocho Cinco? Fitz? Look into it please

The only thing i'm hoping for as a Jags fan is to get 85 down here in J-Ville

http://www.realgmfootball.com/src_wiretap_archives/7402/20080204/samuel_moss_want_to_stay_in_ne/Link

Samuel, Moss Want To Stay In NE

4th February, 2008 - 9:31 am
ne_pp.gif

Boston Herald -
Despite their shocking loss to the New York Giants in Super Bowl XLII, the Patriots will likely have the opportunity to re-sign free agent wide receiver Randy Moss and cornerback Asante Samuel this offseason.

"If my teammates could hear me now, I love all of you to death. Hopefully, we can have many more seasons to come, but if we don't, life goes on," Samuel told the Herald after the 17-14 loss to the Giants. "But I'd love to remain a Patriot."

"If I am in a New England Patriot uniform next year, I would love to be in one," Moss added. "If I am not, you know, the show must go on."

nerd.gif

Link
Vermeil Doubts Spying Made Difference For Pats

5th February, 2008 - 9:35 am
ESPN - !!*! Vermeil doubts that any type of spying controversy kept the St. Louis Rams from winning the Super Bowl in 2002.

In a phone interview with the Associated Press, Vermeil had this to say about the new controversy surrounding the New England Patriots and spy tactics:

"Personally, I don't think it had any effect on the game," Vermeil told the AP. "That stuff's been going on forever and I don't think you gain from it.
smh.gif
indifferent.gif
alien.gif

Samuel wants that money, and the Pats have to pick either Moss or Samuel. Most likely Moss.

somethings Im lookin out for:

Michael Turner back home to Chicago?

Will the 9ers try and sign a vet QB?

Franchise tag for Haynesworth?

Pennington released?

Shaun Alexander expendable?

Jags draft?

Will the Rams FO blow another draft?

what direction are the Fins going in this offseason, Vet signings or Draft day moves for young talent ...

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Dear Bill Belichick, resign Randy Moss, and replace all your "Veterans" (See: Old, worn out, slow, ineffective) defense. The only reason why the Pats defense was ranked 4th this season was because their offense was on the field for 70% of the game. Pats defense ruined their chances of 19-0.

Nope...the defense did work last night. Like Allen said, that o-line, who normally is good, let us down. Not blaming them 100%...but they get half the blame.

Pats D couldnt stop the Giants from scoring on their last 2 offensive possessions. They couldnt stop Manning from going the length of the field after thePatriots went ahead with the Moss touchdown.

I think we will see a re-tooling of the Patriots Defense. Its time to address the LB corp. and they will attempt to make Asante a very fair market contract tokeep him on the team. They betta worry bout that team that plays off Dan Marino Blvd scoopin him up.

Pats drafting Chris Long??? Make him a hybrid like Vrabel???
Franchise tag for Haynesworth?
I would think so....Dude played out of his mind in his contract year....The question is has he turned a corner in his career??? Or was this simplyb/c he wanted a payday. You might want to be sure of that before you invest major dollars in him....

First.. Please Texans do not go after Julius Jones..Michael TURNER!! Well anything that prevents Ron Dayne from starting..
Secondly.. Draft a Tackle and get rid of Ephraim Salaam!
Thirdly.. Improve the secondary... With Dunta's timetable to return is not likely on time.. Play Fred Bennett regardless.. and go after Asomugha or I guessdraft one as well..
Fourthly... Schaub or Rosenfels.. Make and stick with that choice you make... Preferably Schaub..

Back
Top Bottom