Official NFL Offseason Thread

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

Originally Posted by truthmain

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

A source close to the situation, the same person that broke the Asante Samuel signing to OTR and GCobb.com, has confirmed that the Eagles will seek Roy Williams or Chad Johnson in a trade. The source told us to expect the Eagles to bring in a big name wide receiver this offseason. Asante Samuel was number one on the list and a big name receiver was a close number two. The Eagles are currently sitting tight awaiting to hear about the Larry Fitzgerald negotiations, but they will also seek Roy Williams or Chad Johnson if the Fitzgerald deal seems unlikely.
http://blastmagazineblogs.com/sports/

laugh.gif
I have come to believe you are delusional. You ain't getting Fitz, you ain't getting Roy, and you ain't getting Ocho Cinco. Just stop man. You think Lito is enough to pull either of them? You must be trippin. Joka you super funny dude.

What I bolded just goes to show that you have no clue what's going on. When we land a #1 WR, you're the first one I'm laughing at. We tried to get Moss. We offered him more money than the Pats did. Now we are trying to land somebody else. We're not going to be idle the rest of the way. The window is closing for a lot of important guys on our team, and the FO is going to do what it takes to give them the best shot to win a SB.

What I bolded just goes to show how delusional Philly fans are. Lito and a 2nd rounder ain't enough, even Lito and a 1st rounder ain't enough. You already got re-buffed by the Cards, Bengals have already said numerous times CJ isn't available and, while I've never heard anything about Roy, Iseriously doubt he's going to be traded. You guys can pursue trades all you want, you ain't getting jack.

That makes them okay at QB? Rodgers is going to end up being trash. There is no starting QB in the league worse than Smith right now.
If your name isn't Grossman or Jackson, you're safe.

I've watched him @ Cal, this isn't based off of that Dallas game. He's not a "product of the system" like Smith was.

I could be wrong in my opinion...but I think Lito and a 1st would be enough for Roy...maybe Chad...a 2nd rounder probably not, but I do think it would grabtheir attention if offered

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Lito and a 2nd rounder ain't enough, even Lito and a 1st rounder ain't enough.
You are aware what Randy Moss was traded for, right?

Cmon KLJ.....leverage. That was all Oakland could get out of Moss. They were cutting thier losses.

Wheras the Eagles have money, picks, and a big gaping hole at WR.

In the words of my uncle (who used this saying in a different context), They're snared by the balls.

Right, but I don't think it's completely outlandish to think that that package would be enough for one of those receivers.

Randy Moss had more baggage then an airport.

Deion Branch's trade is a better measure of how much it may take to pry a highly productive WR away from a team.

Right, but I don't think it's completely outlandish to think that that package would be enough for one of those receivers.

While not completely outlandish, I've always been a firm believer that Lito is garbage and was never really that good. That, more or less, is thereason why I think the packages won't work, not the draft pick aspect of it.

I know Lito has been a Cowboy killer over the years (
smh.gif
) but: he has health issues,

and had a down year. Lito is good but he's not elite IMO.

I dunno though I just think with the common knowledge that the Eagles really need a reciever whoever makes the trade

is lookin' to fleece em'. Who knows though?

I wonder if Warren Sapp's retirement will get 1/100th the coverage of Brett Favre's.

Its kinda cool those two will be inducted into the NFL HOF in the same yr tho
You're absolutely right. I didn't even think about that.

laugh.gif
Shannon

Lito not the starter? huh?

My fault, I meant he's never made it through a whole season starting.

He's always has a minor injury or something since he's been a starter.

Originally Posted by S Dizzel

^^zone blocking scheme does matter.. raiders were 3rd in rushing last year with a bunch of scrubs lol

Ummm...do you know why we were third in rushing last year? It's because we have a mediocre WR core, with Johnny Lee Higgins as a backup receiver, andTim "re-living the glory days" Dwight as our slot receiver.We have a "zone-blocking scheme" that makes our O-Line look good, but in realityisn't, because our anemic offense runs the ball damn near every play, covering up deficiencies in the passing game. Russell missed part of the regularseason and that can't ever be good for a rookie QB. We were 3rd in rushing because we can't protect the QB long enough to pass the ball, forcing us torun it. That my friend, is the reason we are 3rd in rushing.

is everyone really serious about lito and a 1st rounder being good enough for ocho, roy or fitz????????????? #%@ are you all watching on sundays?

Sapp ain't a first ballot like Favre.

He's definitely going in, just not as soon as Favre.

If Cris Carter didn't get in on his 1st try, no way Sapp does

laugh.gif
Yea okay....

as Stink just said on NFL Live, "Sapp is the BEst 3 technique DT ever, he changed the game."

U best believe Sapp goin 1st ballot.

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

eek.gif

Do tell.....

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

laugh.gif
Shannon

Lito not the starter? huh?

I just saw what outacontrol said BUT...

I've got 10 bucks one of them doesn't make it in first ballot.

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

roll.gif
roll.gif

what the hell does chris carter have anything to do with sapp getting in?

sapp at his postion>>>>>>>>>>>Carters at his.

i would go more into it but im off to the gym dont get banned gunna and dre cause this is going to be comdey
roll.gif

lemme rephrase ... he should go 1st ballot, only reason he wouldnt is because of his issues ... aka ejections, fines, and overall attitude ... not saying theyare that big of a deal but if he doesnt go, its not because of his game

Back
Top Bottom