Official NHL Thread: Vol. I Know Some NTers Care

Leafs win it with 30seconds left on Sundin's goal
pimp.gif

Funny how this was Fletcher's first game back as the Leafs GM, and the guy who he traded for (Sundin) scores the GW

Leetch's wife is
pimp.gif
Messier is a ({}) It'd be nice if they wontonight though. I was at the Scott Stevens game in the Meadowlands and the atmosphere is priceless. So much emotion. Go Devils though.

hey guys...this is a really cool video especially towards the end....its from Brian Leetch night.....the best part is towards the end when they play his careerhighlight reel...its jsut really chilling. take some time out to watch it.

Man, I wish Crosby could play in it. Heck, I just wish he could play right now. Go Penguins

the last event is gunna be sick...its gunna be like the NBA dunk comeptition but they have to score insane goals instead of dunks....they can do whatever theywant to be creative and there will be judges that give them score 1-10.....i cant wait

Versus is so damn horrible. It was painful to have and watch that. The only exciting thing was Chara blasting the puck and the YoungStars thing. The rest waskinda ghey. The fastest skater was weak.

Gotta say I was pretty disappointed with the entire thing
ohwell.gif

Young Stars game wasn't as bad as I thought and it being 3 on 3 really helped. Fastest skater was horrible, why not have them skate from goaline to atleast the hash marks or something so they can still have room to stop? Goaline to opposing blueline is whack
smh.gif
.....The whole shootout thing wasn't executed too well, IMO they should bring inseparate people who excel at shootouts like the NBA does with the dunk competition. I would've liked to see Gagner in the competition as well as someothers. The guys in the competition weren't too creative except for a few moves by AO & Getzlaf (Kovalchuk sucked). Hardest shot is and always will beinteresting so I have no complaints on that. The whole obstacle course was sub-par, the saucer passes into the mini net were cool
pimp.gif

Hopefully the game tomorrow evening will be much better to make up for the horrid Skills Competition tonight. I'm looking forward to it and hopefully thesebums won't let me down
laugh.gif

Anyone else notice that Kaberle was wearing Atlanta Thrashers gloves? I don't see how all of his equipment except his gloves made it? Wonder whathappened............
laugh.gif
@ Pronger wiping out while Perry was being interviewed
I know you guys saw Alyssa Milano in the crowd too
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

79272203.jpg

79271523.jpg

79272333.jpg

79273270.jpg

79272734.jpg

79273663.jpg

I noticed the thrashers gloves on kaberle. first thing i noticed during the introductions. i kind of agree the entire thing wasn't that great. legacesounded like a !$% during the youngstars game but that was fun. would have been more fun had they not gone to the person who scored when the play was stillgoing. anyone catch dipietro drop the f bomb? ( "im done. i f'd up my hip again." it wasn't bad. I enjoy hockey so it was cool. They need togo back to the old fastest skater. This one wasn't interesting AT ALL.

I hate the hell out of hockey because of the coverage it gets here in Canada. But I will say this. The breakway challenge (creativity one) was some of the beststuff I have ever seen. If Ovechkin made that last goal after doing the 360, it would have made me a fan for life. To see what some of those players can do is
eek.gif

Just thought I would pop in and say that hockey isnt as bad as I think it is. Still gets too much coverage tho
laugh.gif

^The reason for her being there is that she's starting or has already started a clothing line that caters to women. She said that every time she goes intothe gift shops in the arena she can never find stuff that fits her or is that pink
laugh.gif
Shehas lines with the MLB and NBA as well she said.

That game wasn't too bad, and was most definitely entertaining IMO. I always love how they mic up the players so that's something they shoulddefinitely keep doing as well as interviewing the guys throughout the game.

The game was great. I thought it was going to be horrible after the 1st period being as it was 5-1 but it got really good in the second and third. I have Staaland Nash on my fantasy teams so hopefully this gives them a kick in the pants and they start scoring more. I loved it. They definetly should have one or twoplayers mic'd up for the game. Obviously there would have to be a delay to prevent cursing and stuff but it was interesting. I thought it was great and wasreally good for the game. It sucks though that I know it wasn't watched by that many people. I love hockey but it seams most people either love or hate it.Hockey in the playoffs is as good as baseball in October. (IMO)

^I guess in the States Versus didn't decide to mic anyone up........Here in Canada we had Dipietro and Tim Thomas wearing mics. As well, there wouldn'tbe any delays to prevent cursing, because the network would only replay the players comments that didn't have any curses. Thomas was being interviewedwhile the play was going on
laugh.gif

I just watched highlights.........it seemed as if you guys in the States got to hear Dipietro mic'd up no?

man, i was angry. the league i play in had us scheduled to play at 715 so i missed all the game except about the first five minutes. how funny was it when theywere talking to dipietro and nash came in and scored
eek.gif
. oh well

I found a pic of all of the Mascots in the NHL.....imo the Blue Jackets' and the Ducks' mascots are awesome.....what in the hell is the Lightningmascot supposed to be????
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom