Official NHL Thread: Vol. I Know Some NTers Care

I remember watching that Edmonton game, I was like
eek.gif
eek.gif
.......The Oilers have the best home crowd IMO when the place is packed and everyone is goingnuts
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Well the Oilers are the only team in Edmonton so it's almost a given the whole city will rally behind the team. Of course if you do badly, everyone willlet you know the next day. I was watching an Islanders-Oilers game and that's what they said about Mike Comrie when he was with Edmonton; he didn'tlike being under the microscope all the time since everyone in Edmonton follows the hockey team. With the Islanders, and being in a city that arguablyisn't as big a hockey town, they said he felt more comfortable.

Meanwhile, I am longing for hockey on ESPN again just so I could hear this song:

This version sounds like a playoff version of the song, however...

Well the Oilers are the only team in Edmonton so it's almost a given the whole city will rally behind the team. Of course if you do badly, everyone will let you know the next day. I was watching an Islanders-Oilers game and that's what they said about Mike Comrie when he was with Edmonton; he didn't like being under the microscope all the time since everyone in Edmonton follows the hockey team. With the Islanders, and being in a city that arguably isn't as big a hockey town, they said he felt more comfortable.
That is basically the same in every Canadian city. From Vancouver to Montreal, if you play in Canada, people are going to know your plus/minusfrom when you were in PeeWee.

DoubleJs07 wrote:
I had no clue this happened...

I mean, how do you even explain this
laugh.gif
Bad Ice??

pimp.gif
to that Nash goal, but, AO's was better
tongue.gif
(i'm a homer)

�This happened last year.... I hate the Oilers, but I laughed for a good 5 minutes.

I would say ice, as its�the end of the third, its the crease, so it is pretty cut up. But there is no excuse. trying to be too cute with it.��

Those moves by Nash were sick. Too bad we don't see that as often
ohwell.gif

i.e. Pavel Bure & Jagr (pittsburgh days).

Originally Posted by briannnnn

Well the Oilers are the only team in Edmonton so it's almost a given the whole city will rally behind the team. Of course if you do badly, everyone will let you know the next day. I was watching an Islanders-Oilers game and that's what they said about Mike Comrie when he was with Edmonton; he didn't like being under the microscope all the time since everyone in Edmonton follows the hockey team. With the Islanders, and being in a city that arguably isn't as big a hockey town, they said he felt more comfortable.

Meanwhile, I am longing for hockey on ESPN again just so I could hear this song:

This version sounds like a playoff version of the song, however...

I wouldn't necessarily say it's because the Oilers are Edmonton's only team, I think it's because Canadians are more passionate abouthockey than people in the States are (this is another arguement in itself lol). Minnesota is also up there with having the best home crowds since they are oneof, if not the biggest hockey State and when Phoenix sells out they also have a solid crowd. Buffalo and Columbus also have very energetic home crowds andusually get close to a sellout most nights. IMO Edmonton just has the perfect crowd at home and it really gets crazy during the playoffs, I'm hoping ifthey somehow make it into the post-season this year I'll be able to get to one of their games
ohwell.gif

I'm hoping my Leafs can get on a little run here and start to climb up out of the Eastern Conference basement! Colorado is really having a toughtime with injuries now that Sakic, Smyth AND Stastny are out.

Sidney Crosby just got injured when he flew into the boards. They had to help him off the ice and he went to the locker room....It looked prettyserious...
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by areyouin729

Patrik Stefan, haha sucks be the Thrashers who took him #1 overall back in like 99 or 2000

1999 draft.......where the Sedin twins went #2 and #3
laugh.gif
smh.gif
.............1999 was probably one of the worst draft years in terms of 1st round picksIMO....
EDIT: Wonder who will replace Crosby in the All-Star game? Malkin? Sucks his injury had too happen at this time lol....

Originally Posted by cquan05

Originally Posted by areyouin729

Patrik Stefan, haha sucks be the Thrashers who took him #1 overall back in like 99 or 2000

1999 draft.......where the Sedin twins went #2 and #3
laugh.gif
smh.gif
.............1999 was probably one of the worst draft years in terms of 1st round picks IMO....
EDIT: Wonder who will replace Crosby in the All-Star game? Malkin? Sucks his injury had too happen at this time lol....

shame for Crosby, i have alot of friends who are Pens fans since I went to Penn State

I remember I used to collect hockey cards and Stefan was like in the middle in value eventho he was #1 overall, poor guy
laugh.gif

The weird thing about Crosby's injury is that he fell well before the goal line and he wasn't even going at full speed or anywhere near his full speed.He was acting like he knew he was gonna hit the boards then all of a sudden when his feet hit the boards his right ankle suddenly twisted upon contact with theboards. His lower-body/legs are very strong and I would assume he should recovery quickly
ohwell.gif

Does anybody know the NHL rule on home and away jerseys. Obviously the dark jerseys are the home jerseys and the white jerseys are the road jerseys. ButI've seen this year that teams sometimes wear the whites at home (especially San Jose and Detroit). I also read somewhere on the internet that there is anew rule stating that every team must wear white jerseys at home atleast 6 times so that the fans can see the other teams' colors. I don't know ifthats BS or not...someone help me out...
wink.gif

I miss the days of white jerseys being the home jersey. So much cleaner looking. I am officially depressed about hockey until the kid comes back. Get wellsoon. Malkin will replace in all star game most likely.......and he needs to step it up for Pitt as well and keep pace with the Devils

Originally Posted by dmxfury

I miss the days of white jerseys being the home jersey. So much cleaner looking. I am officially depressed about hockey until the kid comes back. Get well soon. Malkin will replace in all star game most likely.......and he needs to step it up for Pitt as well and keep pace with the Devils

word

Yeah, I prefer the white jerseys being the home joints instead of the dark jerseys being the home jersey........Leafs up 3-1 on Buffalo right now
pimp.gif

I effin' hate hockey I'm never betting on this stupid$#!@ sport again
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Leafs on a 3 game win streak now
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
.......5pts out of 8th in the East.......How the EFF does OTT lose to Tampa? Even withoutAlfredsson and Heatley the Lightning are the WORST team on the road.....and PITT WITHOUT CROSBY BEATING MONTREAL ON A SATURDAY NIGHT AT THE BELLCENTER?
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
I give up on this i$h.......
ohwell.gif

^I'm watching the game now as well.........the refs are REALLY blowing this game for the Sharks
smh.gif
.......Hasek doing his usual tricks and diving on that Erhoff penatly
sick.gif

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

Does anybody know the NHL rule on home and away jerseys. Obviously the dark jerseys are the home jerseys and the white jerseys are the road jerseys. But I've seen this year that teams sometimes wear the whites at home (especially San Jose and Detroit). I also read somewhere on the internet that there is a new rule stating that every team must wear white jerseys at home atleast 6 times so that the fans can see the other teams' colors. I don't know if thats BS or not...someone help me out...
wink.gif

I haven't heard of such a rule, but they should switch back to Home teams wearing white, and road teams wearing the dark jerseys.

Oh yeah, and I miss the Alternate Jerseys too!!!
mad.gif

Kings beat Vancouver
pimp.gif
Still in last place though
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom