Official Nike Air Max '91 BW Thread

Idk like $100 or less

Between $60 and $80
Are people selling them for loads now or something? I got a pair of the persians from FNL two or three years ago for like $50 or $60. Still have only worn them once. Doesn't really matter to me, was just curious as I don't follow the BW market even a tiny little bit. I only bought the persians because they were so cheap and sitting there right in front of me one random day at the mall LOL

How we supposed to enjoy you pic when its watermarked all over? And why would you care if it ends up on other platforms?
I don't use instagram etc and I don't want some clown coming on here, taking the pic and reposting it as their own?

Sorry, but that is just pure BS. LOADS of Nike shoes are associated with way worse subcultures than the gabber scene, get real

Here's my take on they stopped making them—they took the forefoot Air out in the mid-00s, and that couple with the shape change around 2012 has turned the shoe into a pretty unwearable brick. The Marina is likely my favourite colour ever, but I cannot wear the retro as it is so, so uncomfortable. There is little to no padding on the collars or tongue and this feedback would have gotten back to them, so it is my guess that they are re-designing them back to their OG shape/spec, etc for the 30th anniversary in 2021. I have had hundreds of pairs over the past few years and all the ones post 2012 are not great. It is a production issue, for sure, hence the cancelled models a few years back, but to suggest Nike will stop making their best-selling Air Max (don't try to argue this) is preposterous at best

How we supposed to enjoy you pic when its watermarked all over? And why would you care if it ends up on other platforms?
The Cortez is the original gang shoe.
In LA, yes, in the UK and Ireland, no chance. About ten years back, there was some new story about how the most common footprint found in crime scenes in England was that of the Air Max 95, second was the Reebok Classic lol

Btw, these are some customs I made recently. Might be a prize in store for who can guess the base pair...
ogbw1.jpg
ogbw2.jpg

In LA, yes, in the UK and Ireland, no chance. About ten years back, there was some new story about how the most common footprint found in crime scenes in England was that of the Air Max 95, second was the Reebok Classic lol
The Cortez came out and were worn way before Air Max 95’s even released hence “Cortez are the original gang shoe” but I get what your saying.
Interesting.

so it is my guess that they are re-designing them back to their OG shape/spec, etc for the 30th anniversary in 2021
thats not gonna happen they only changed the shape to keep the production cost as low as possible, nike never liked the BWs even tho it was one of their better selling air maxes, it never got the shine it should've deserved, like you said before it didnt even got a spot at the powerwall line and the shoe it self barely got any collabos or special editions compared to other AMs

thats not gonna happen they only changed the shape to keep the production cost as low as possible, nike never liked the BWs even tho it was one of their better selling air maxes, it never got the shine it should've deserved, like you said before it didnt even got a spot at the powerwall line and the shoe it self barely got any collabos or special editions compared to other AMs
For real. They have all but convinced a new generation of people, from the Powerwall onwards, that the Air 180—now the Air Max 180—is the Air Max of 1991, when it isn't actually an Air Max at all. However, as much as you have a point with the production costs, the BW features no organic materials, so I don't see that being the hold up. I think they made so many changes down the years, that the shoe is now so far from the OG that they have had to go back to the drawing board. Along with the lack of padding, forefoot Air already mentioned, they also lost the heel counter cut-outs in favour of a solid heel and, OG Persian and Marina of 2016 aside, a seam was added to the bottom pat of the lace overlay. These were already cost-cutters, but when you see a lot of other Nike models returning to their original make-up—Jordans in particular—I can see they redoing them. Otherwise it is hard for them to resell essentially the same shoes only a few years on

I, for one, think the whole Air Max line from the 90 onwards, needs to be remodelled. The shape of almost ALL Air Max is now far from their OG counterpart. The worst being the 95 (I HATE the sole units/bubbles now). I think the fact that they have already done this with Jordans (yes, a more expensive shoe), could see the Air Max line's price point raise if altered. I am totally cool with that once shape, materials and details are observed from an OG pair. I'd rather pay an extra £10-20 a pair and get that realness!

The b Dubbs I sold to my bro last year smh. Dude thrashes shoes. I wanted to buy em back a week after I sold them ( I needed money bad, why I sold em) and they were already beat
EB015F72-D2DB-4DB6-9678-2D9EC6E7E5D1.jpeg

The b Dubbs I sold to my bro last year smh. Dude thrashes shoes. I wanted to buy em back a week after I sold them ( I needed money bad, why I sold em) and they were already beat
EB015F72-D2DB-4DB6-9678-2D9EC6E7E5D1.jpeg
WOW, people just KILL shoes, mostly in a few wears

However, these are easily fixed. Angelus don't make the jade paint, but it is easy to mix if you have the right colours, I have done a few pairs

Last edited:
LOL most people just KILL shoes, mostly in a few wears

However, these are easily fixed. Angelus don't make the jade paint, but it is easy to mix if you have the right colours, I have done a few pairs
He told me20 for em back . How much would u charge for a restore

He has some infrared like 90s and some all white Barkley’s that I gave him he said 50 for all 3 back but all 3 need heavy restored

Back
Top Bottom