OFFICIAL: NIKE AIR MAX LEBRON VII THREAD**FIRST PIC*****

So I went to the PX on base to look for my wife a birthday gift when the GR Bred's smacked me in the face! $135, no tax!
I tried on a 9 and 9.5 but the 9 didn't feel right and the 9.5 seemed just lil too big. I have a few gripes with the shoe,
it just look sloppy with all the different materials, cut-out's and stitching. Then I felt like the flywire made it look like a team shoe
and the step in comfort just wasn't what I expected. The VI is more comfortable with ZOOM. I left without them.

The shoe is pretty stiff in the midsole, but its maybe because i never hooped in Air Max before.

But heres a few pics i snapped of em with my Phone, sorry for the bad quality but im really on the fence on the first colorway.

these shoes have really grown on me.........
i honestly did not see much potential after the pics for the GR or what some call pianos leaked.
just not a fan of that colorway i guess. but after copping a pair of mooncakes aka "chinas" this pass wkend @ hohla my mind has changed.

and just 2 break it down>>>>>>>
1) full air max unit
2) beautiful yet simplistic design
3) sneaker layout allows an aray of interesting colorway concepts
4) LeBron James signature

i know iknow its waaaaaaaay early, but..............
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]i feel like these sneakers as in the "Lebron Vii" have the potential to godown in sneaker history as a truely iconic shoe.[/color]

nuff talk, on to the pictures....... ENJOY!!

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

f92164183836126060c2097a40b7e1fea8226cc6.jpg

16a366e311d93bb0319318496e866c6b9fbea036.jpg

smokin.gif
DONT SLEEP KIDS

Originally Posted by hotbutter

i honestly did not see much potential after the pics for the GR or what some call pianos leaked.
just not a fan of that colorway i guess. but after copping a pair of mooncakes aka "chinas" this pass wkend @ hohla my mind has changed.

1) full air max unit

i feel like these sneakers as in the "Lebron Vii" have the potential to go down in sneaker history as a truely iconic shoe.

smokin.gif
DONT SLEEP KIDS

I have a feeling your right i see these becoming a truely iconic sneaker

the thing i like about this sneaker is that at ANY angle you look at it, they look good. from up front, either side, or the heal... they look hot because thelines flow so well.

Well done AP, youve done NT proud. Real talk.

Originally Posted by Rick2345

1) full air max unit

i feel like these sneakers as in the "Lebron Vii" have the potential to go down in sneaker history as a truely iconic shoe.

smokin.gif
DONT SLEEP KIDS

once he wins the 2010 NBA Championship it will become iconic

Originally Posted by hosengsisiw

1) full air max unit

smokin.gif
DONT SLEEP KIDS

once IF he wins the 2010 NBA Championship it will become iconic
Even if LeBron wins the 2010 Finals, he'll probably do so in a pair of Soldier IVs or some other summer shoe. However, I feel like this shoeis one of the best, if not the best LeBrons to hit sales floors. I've shown many non-sneakerhead consumers the 7s, without mentioning that they were thenew LeBrons, and a huge majority have been blown away.

If he wins the championship this season, the collector part of me would want to stock up as many GR's as possible.
I'm a sucker for memorabilia.

All this 6'8", 270lb of receding hairline has to do is WIN the dunk contest this all-star weekend and this sneaker will become pure MONEY (word toKryptonate).

i havent been keepin up with the 7s yet. planned on getting into them after the first GR drop. But i just noticed, that the GR that is droppin on the 29th isalready on ebay and going for under retail? Whats up with that?

Originally Posted by andfattoo

Originally Posted by DrewDioxin

am i the only one who found these run damn narrow with your standard size and too huge if you go up half a size? the patent creased from me wearing them around the store the other day for 4 hours. the airbag once broken in doesn't do its job ( I weigh less than bron for god sakes) and the damn shoe doesn't lace up tight enough to make me feel my ankle is safe.

maybe nike can get my dough if they give me some zoom powers, but I will be damned with paying 130 for these.
so after you broke in the air bag..... there wasnt enough cushioning??

pretty much. bottomed out after it was broken in. I fail to see how these are so revolutionary and different from the AM 09 bag.

the problem is your consumer isn't gonna drop 160 on a nike shoe unless you mention its a lebron, and even then your asking alot given the financialclimate and spending trends right now. look at how many J releases have sat on the shelf. The kobe moved simply because it was apparently the best point/guardoriented shoe on the market, he won a ring, and it was under 150. I don't see these moving oiut of my store fast unless sale tags go on em or the fewhardcore bron heads pickem up. Hell i have 7 pairs of VI's and I don't really want these.

am i the only one who found these run damn narrow with your standard size and too huge if you go up half a size? the patent creased from me wearing them around the store the other day for 4 hours. the airbag once broken in doesn't do its job ( I weigh less than bron for god sakes) and the damn shoe doesn't lace up tight enough to make me feel my ankle is safe.

maybe nike can get my dough if they give me some zoom powers, but I will be damned with paying 130 for these.

pretty much. bottomed out after it was broken in. I fail to see how these are so revolutionary and different from the AM 09 bag.

the problem is your consumer isn't gonna drop 160 on a nike shoe unless you mention its a lebron, and even then your asking alot given the financial climate and spending trends right now. look at how many J releases have sat on the shelf. The kobe moved simply because it was apparently the best point/guard oriented shoe on the market, he won a ring, and it was under 150. I don't see these moving oiut of my store fast unless sale tags go on em or the few hardcore bron heads pickem up. Hell i have 7 pairs of VI's and I don't really want these.
They were saying that when Jordan's shoes costed 100 back in the day. Not equating LeBron to Jordan in far as any sort of brand success(
laugh.gif
) But I dont think price is too much of a factor when you consider theconsumers that usually buy this shoe. I didnt like the VI's much at all but I just love how the VII's look. I think theyll sell very well.

AgentArenas wrote:
DrewDioxin wrote:

DrewDioxin wrote:

the problem is your consumer isn't gonna drop 160 on a nike shoe unless you mention its a lebron, and even then your asking alot given the financial climate and spending trends right now. look at how many J releases have sat on the shelf. The kobe moved simply because it was apparently the best point/guard oriented shoe on the market, he won a ring, and it was under 150. I don't see these moving oiut of my store fast unless sale tags go on em or the few hardcore bron heads pickem up. Hell i have 7 pairs of VI's and I don't really want these.
They were saying that when Jordan's shoes costed 100 back in the day. Not equating LeBron to Jordan in far as any sort of brand success (
laugh.gif
) But I dont think price is too much of a factor when you consider the consumers that usually buy this shoe.

uummmm........ there wasnt a high volume of ppl filing for chapter 7,13, etc, and doing short sales back then.... these shoes will be on the shelves till theyhit the 139$ price tag...
but then again, it seems as if theyre not massively producing each colorway....

Originally Posted by never wear them

AgentArenas wrote:
DrewDioxin wrote:

DrewDioxin wrote:

They were saying that when Jordan's shoes costed 100 back in the day. Not equating LeBron to Jordan in far as any sort of brand success (
laugh.gif
) But I dont think price is too much of a factor when you consider the consumers that usually buy this shoe.

uummmm........ there wasnt a high volume of ppl filing for chapter 7,13, etc, and doing short sales back then.... these shoes will be on the shelves till they hit the 139$ price tag...
but then again, it seems as if theyre not massively producing each colorway....

Youre thinking of a completely different demographic of people. An 18 year old wont hesitate to drop money on sneakers, no matter what theeconomic climate may be. Whether theyre getting money from a job, or a financial aid check, theyll drop the money on the shoes. Thats moreso the demographicthese shoes cater to, rather than the people youre talking about. These are basketball shoes, not BMW's. Adults who are cutting down/bankrupt areirrelevant to these shoes, unless theyre buying them for their kids.

I do agree with you that theyll probably drop the prices on GR colorways when new ones come along - the red/white/black might get discounted when thewhite/navy/golds drop, and so on.

True.... I'm looking at my monthly statements.... Hence the reason for me mentioning the chapters. Paying 680$ monthly just on 1 credit card for thewin!!!! Just a couple more months...

Originally Posted by DsLee559

Originally Posted by hosengsisiw

1) full air max unit

smokin.gif
DONT SLEEP KIDS

once IF he wins the 2010 NBA Championship it will become iconic
Even if LeBron wins the 2010 Finals, he'll probably do so in a pair of Soldier IVs or some other summer shoe. However, I feel like this shoe is one of the best, if not the best LeBrons to hit sales floors. I've shown many non-sneakerhead consumers the 7s, without mentioning that they were the new LeBrons, and a huge majority have been blown away.

If he wins the championship this season, the collector part of me would want to stock up as many GR's as possible.
I'm a sucker for memorabilia.

Wasnt Lebron rocking the Zoom Lebron IVs in the 07' Championship? More than likely if he goes to the finals I think Nike will pull his signature back out,it would only make sense in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom