Official Nike Air Max Penny 1 Updated - 2022 Retro Coming!

OG Penny 1's def had 3M piping, the current retro I have, which I still haven't worn yet from 2010 or 2011, I think, I'm not sure if it has 3M. I'm usually not a stickler for that, but it is a nice touch. Nike, please, we need home Orlando Penny 1's. You throwing so much garbage at the public, and please don't F these up. Thanks. 
It's been 6 years now, you think it's time already?
nerd.gif
I still have DS Spacejams from 09 also, I'll wear my stuff whenever I'm ready.

No, not the "playoff edition". They were an all-black, leather release and labeled AIR MAX PENNY B:

:x these don't look right with all that leather. Plus those plastic swooshes on the lateral panel and toebox yellow super fast, making them look terrible.

[thread="272133"] [/thread]

OG Penny 1's def had 3M piping, the current retro I have, which I still haven't worn yet from 2010 or 2011, I think, I'm not sure if it has 3M. I'm usually not a stickler for that, but it is a nice touch. Nike, please, we need home Orlando Penny 1's. You throwing so much garbage at the public, and please don't F these up. Thanks. 
It's been 6 years now, you think it's time already? :nerd:
I still have DS Spacejams from 09 also, I'll wear my stuff whenever I'm ready.
Man you better hurry and wear them. No lie, a few months ago I decided to play ball in my penny 3 retros. Mind you I haven't worn them since like 2012. They fell apart on the court during the first game. The outsole completely separated from the midsole and upper. Even that foam like material on the lateral panel came apart. Had me slipping all over the place while cutting to the rim and trying to defend. I was looking like a fool out there while dudes were laughing at me :smh:

Just gotta rock them like that, can't reverse it as far as I knew. It's a jeweled swoosh. Idk of any methods that clears that up, plus I like it like that, that's how all the OG's aged. Looks normal to me. We need them home Orlando 1s. All these pics are killing me lol

No, not the "playoff edition". They were an all-black, leather release and labeled AIR MAX PENNY B:

Those were released around January 2001, if I remember correctly.

I was in the US and walked into the store and saw them on display. 5 minutes later walked out with them, was the happiest teenager back then!

Just gotta rock them like that, can't reverse it as far as I knew. It's a jeweled swoosh. Idk of any methods that clears that up, plus I like it like that, that's how all the OG's aged. Looks normal to me. We need them home Orlando 1s. All these pics are killing me lol
I've never read on here how to clear up a jeweled swoosh, so I don't think it's possible. I think they're prone to yellow faster too. Now I'm scared to look for the 2014 all stars online, I don't have them but I want them. I know they went to clearance stores like marshall's, ross, etc... so they have no boxes. And I bet the majority of pairs for sale online right now came from those places, so you know mad people touched them, :smh:

Can't find the ASG's anywhere online in my size. There's only one seller on ebay but he's overseas, and he's selling them for $170 NIB :x :stoneface:

If shipping isn't too much that might be the best rate for a new pair.
he has the listed as free shipping. How much was retail on these? Was it $140? I wanna see if I can talk him down.

Can't find the ASG's anywhere online in my size. There's only one seller on ebay but he's overseas, and he's selling them for $170 NIB :x :stoneface:

Damnnn you used to be able to get them on deep discount.

Still can. Just have to be patient now I guess.
This is what happens when you try to be cheap and try and get them as low as possible :lol: :smh:

But I've been looking for a while and nothing....size 8-12 is always abundant on the resell market, anything outside of that is patience and pure luck

^yea man, on one hand Nike doesn't make as many in small sizes. So you have to take a gamble, either buy right away at retail or wait a bit for a discount. On the other hand, sometimes you get lucky if you wait for the lowest price possible. They go on clearance with almost a FSR available!!

Thanks to that ebay code last week, I was finally able to scoop a pair of All Stars. Seller had them listed for $170, got them for $135, so pretty much for retail. I ordered last friday night and they were at my door this monday morning all the way from Korea! :wow: :wow:

32655595434_00ccebd513_z.jpg

Nike needs to start a remastered series on the 1s and release the home version next year! Even for 170 this might sell out fast!

Sooooooo...

My Orlando 2014 pair completely fell apart while hooping!!!!!!!

OMFG. Dumbest thing ever. Everything is pretty much intact, but the about 70% of the shoe came apart.

The glue dried up or something and it lost it's bond with the other parts of the shoe. The sole came apart clean from the upper, the air max heel unit came out clean from the lower rear section (still fully intact with air). I'm not even gonna attempt to fix this, but I'm sure someone can. Would these still be worth anything? Should I just toss them up on eBay as is? What would be a ballpark range?

Each piece is in good condition. Includes original box.

That's what I get for trying to hoop in 4 year old shoes. I mean, I've hooped in older shoes, but damn.

Sooooooo...

My Orlando 2014 pair completely fell apart while hooping!!!!!!!

OMFG. Dumbest thing ever. Everything is pretty much intact, but the about 70% of the shoe came apart.

The glue dried up or something and it lost it's bond with the other parts of the shoe. The sole came apart clean from the upper, the air max heel unit came out clean from the lower rear section (still fully intact with air). I'm not even gonna attempt to fix this, but I'm sure someone can. Would these still be worth anything? Should I just toss them up on eBay as is? What would be a ballpark range?

Each piece is in good condition. Includes original box.

That's what I get for trying to hoop in 4 year old shoes. I mean, I've hooped in older shoes, but damn.

Back in 2011, I was hooping in my '06 Penny 1's. No problems. Come to think of it, I may still have that pair.

Just my 2 cents but don't throw those up on eBay.

If anything, do some research and try to teach yourself a new skill. If you mess it up, you're no worse off.

There's a great sneaker maintenance thread on here as well.

Back in 2011, I was hooping in my '06 Penny 1's. No problems. Come to think of it, I may still have that pair.

I've hooped in the 06 retros before wayyyy after 06 as well. I think it's because I left them in my car for too long and the heat just ate away at the glue.

It's kind of cool though. It's like a clean seamless deconstruction.

Not the business when they're your only hoop shoes and they fall apart in game. Smh.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom