Official Nike Air Max Penny 1 Updated - 2022 Retro Coming!

Im a wide footer and regularly 0.5 up in modern bball shoes im a 10.5 in Kyries Kds etc but I got my home Penny's 0.5 down and there still roomie but a whole size down would probably be to small

Ive had the Pennys in my regular size 10 and I was swimming in them I always go 0.5 down

The shoe has little to no internal padding bar the heel area the tongue is literally a flat piece of neoprene.

All stars & I should be good for the year

20220817_193848.jpg

My experience with previous 1s is to go down have 1/2 sz but copped the ss pair on muscle memory so I gotta complete the sz 10 set

Every foot is different fasho. I copped black ss 1/2 down and they fit perfect. I'm a tts 11.5 wide footer I believe. But there'd just enough room. Go with what yall feel is best. And if not it boils down to how much room you want in the toe

Every foot is different fasho. I copped black ss 1/2 down and they fit perfect. I'm a tts 11.5 wide footer I believe. But there'd just enough room. Go with what yall feel is best. And if not it boils down to how much room you want in the toe
I’m a wide footer I kinda feel like I could’ve done a 9 instead of normal 9.5

It pains me to not have the Orlandos, but unless prices crash or the foot stores get them and I can score at retail, I guess I won’t have them this time around. Always have LOVED this shoe and had two pairs of 2006s. But no way in hell am I paying $400-plus after fees for them. It’s a joke.

You could buy a cheaper older pair in decent condition and get a reglue and still be way under resale. Good luck on the potential restocks.

I wouldn't reglue anything that has an Air Max unit on it. Just have to charge it to the game and toss them out.
Its a wonder that Air Max replacements aren't readily available like Zoom units, at least the ones frequently used on a good sum of models.
Hopefully with the uptick in restoration work over the last couple years well start to see some floating around.

You could buy a cheaper older pair in decent condition and get a reglue and still be way under resale. Good luck on the potential restocks.

This release is such a disappointment. I get sad when I come in this thread.

I wouldn't reglue anything that has an Air Max unit on it. Just have to charge it to the game and toss them out.

Yeah, I’m not buying an old pair. No interest in dealing with all that.

I’m sure I’ll probably end up with a pair somehow. But if not, whatever. Definitely a joke of a release, at least so far.

First and foremost, the Sneaker Gods blessed me. I am a part of that generation that owned the OGs as a high school teen. Much too my father’s immigrant disapproval, my mom would let me spend a little extra on sneakers because she knew how much I loved them, and we could only afford one pair per year.

The shoes I would wear to school everyday, and also play ball in every single day. So every year the decision make process was mind bending. Starting with the AJ4s, every year I would get a new pair of J’s, he was my hero. But then I started hearing about a new kid, a kid with a nickname Penny.

It didn’t take long for me to fall in love with Penny’s bball game. What stood out the most for me though was he was the first player since Jordan that I did feel the same way about as a young fan of the NBA.

Decades later, I finally have a pair of Orlando Penny 1s in hand 💙

As for how I got 2 pairs: 1) SNS raffle 2) WishATL using a sneaker monitor and manual hands luck.

I also realized that if you end up owning both the SS and Orlando pairs, the SS pair becomes a defacto beater pair. 🤷🏽‍♂️

On to the pics!! (on foot to come hopefully this weekend)

Btw I threw in the CWebb for history throwback, as the cards state how the players were traded to each other’s teams. Love and basketball 🏀
4C3B0D2A-9B1C-4BBC-9257-148E1C2F6AAF.jpeg
34667222-E397-48E9-B210-5905D6721D89.jpeg
0C8CDAF9-E11A-43C2-B613-A26A29F3D54F.jpeg
8E53C267-A538-4F58-8B99-BEB91450951B.jpeg
50FC59CB-F11A-4590-97DB-F50D4CD719BC.jpeg
0141D87B-480E-4FDE-ACD3-55D36E8B1E79.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom