Official Nike Air Max Penny 1 Updated - 2022 Retro Coming!

This whole time I thought bruh was a quiet chill cat who rocked pennys heavy.

Meanwhile bruh a whole killer who stay outside wit it.

A0AA5399-8B57-40D5-991E-9A558B20D045.gif

Serious question: besides the OG Drops do you guys/Gals dislike almost ever Penny’s that’s been released by Nike and every company they collab with?. I want to hear more in-depth opinions about how you feel about them. Seems like it’s more hatred/negativity instead of enjoying and embracing the penny line. Please remember this is a new generation Nike is “Trying” to cater to and bring new colorways in and collabs just like they did when HOH and FootAction exclusives came around 2005-2011 with different styles and colorways. I myself had a pleasure of been at the Nike Campus and I see that they’re actually trying. but yoI come on the Thread/Form and see negative feedback and comedic posts daily makes me think I’m one of the the few that actually Ride and Die for the Penny line. I go out support and help others on & offline gettingl their pairs. I participated on Snkrs and other drawings too. being apart of the culture and Penny Community over 20+ years is such a great thing. And completing my own personal collection as well. I truly want to hear others to (hold off on the negative comments) just express your opinions and suggestions under this post. I want to read how you feel about the penny line with out getting disrespectful or lashing out because we see enough of that on here daily. any one else ride for the penny line like I do? I have a open mind and unbiased opinions about this topic. Sorry for the long message but I really want to know how everyone’s feeling about the 2022-2023 Air penny Retros. Thank you
The Penny line is the definition of quality not quantity.
1-4 Foamposites (throw those in too I guess) are amazing but they have been getting below subpar treatment.
Social Status collab for instance, it was dope something different for sure but why drop those two then release the OGs in almost identical color blocking?

SS Recess “Orlando”
SS Recess “Desert Sand”
Penny 1 “Orlando”
Penny 1 “Summit white”

Those photon dust/summit whites did HORRIBLE now they are releasing pure platinums this spring WHHHHYYYYY??????
I know for a fact I’ve said this multiple times throughout the thread because it’s just dumb. I was super hesitant copping the Penny 2 social status because they are basically the OGs with a change in hue/materials.
Now if they drop the Orlando Penny 2s sure I’ll probably buy because I haven’t had them since HS but see where I’m going.
Nike is trying to capitalize on nostalgia and trying to reach a new demo is coo but these collabs need to go. Leave them for dunks and Jordan 1s we don’t need them for Nike basketball shoes.
Give us OGs, PEs or give a new spin on OG colors.
Those Barkley CB94 “Suns” colorway is lovely. They need to do more of that.
Give us some NY colorways of Penny 1-4. Suns colorways would be dope too.

The price point doesn’t help either $170-180 for a shoe that has unusual sizing issues.
Then factor in factory defects. I flew through traffic racing to get a pair from a “questionable” local sob just to grab a pair of B grades basically. Couldn’t get my size due to staff probably keeping them for themselves. It ended up working out due to heel slip to go down 1/2. But let’s say I did get an 11, now I have to get rid of that shoe and potentially pay more to pay for resell. Now this goes into availability which I won’t even touch on because it seems they are allocating material for trash dunks every month.
Life is more expensive than it used to be the last go round of releases.
I believe all of those factors is causing the lash outs.

If we have to jump through the ring of fire and pay what we are paying we simply want what we want.

1-4 Foamposites (throw those in too I guess) are amazing but they have been getting below subpar treatment.
Social Status collab for instance, it was dope something different for sure but why drop those two then release the OGs in almost identical color blocking?

SS Recess “Orlando”
SS Recess “Desert Sand”
Penny 1 “Orlando”
Penny 1 “Summit white”

Those photon dust/summit whites did HORRIBLE now they are releasing pure platinums this spring WHHHHYYYYY??????
I know for a fact I’ve said this multiple times throughout the thread because it’s just dumb. I was super hesitant copping the Penny 2 social status because they are basically the OGs with a change in hue/materials.
Now if they drop the Orlando Penny 2s sure I’ll probably buy because I haven’t had them since HS but see where I’m going.
Nike is trying to capitalize on nostalgia and trying to reach a new demo is coo but these collabs need to go. Leave them for dunks and Jordan 1s we don’t need them for Nike basketball shoes.

The price point doesn’t help either $170-180 for a shoe that has unusual sizing issues.
Then factor in factory defects. I flew through traffic racing to get a pair from a “questionable” local sob just to grab a pair of B grades basically. Couldn’t get my size due to staff probably keeping them for themselves. It ended up working out due to heel slip to go down 1/2. But let’s say I did get an 11, now I have to get rid of that shoe and potentially pay more to pay for resell. Now this goes into availability which I won’t even touch on because it seems they are allocating material for trash dunks every month.

If we have to jump through the ring of fire and pay what we are paying we simply want what we want.

Well said

SS Recess “Orlando”
SS Recess “Desert Sand”
Penny 1 “Orlando”
Penny 1 “Summit white”

Checkmate

I want chicagos, white/blacks, Knicks and then I would be happy (if they are easily had for retail or under.

Back
Top Bottom