OFFICIAL: NIKE AIR PENNY V (Release Dates, Colorway Updates, and Availability info)

What the hell i going on with the Penny line though"

-No new Penny 5 colorways scheduled

-No Penny 6 announced for fall

-No Penny 1-4 retro upcoming

-Besides Foams, none of his unofficial sigs lined up for a release

:smh:

Before the Vs, I only had the IVs and 1/2 cents. One thing that I really appreciate about the Vs, is how the inner bootie of the shoe is sewn to the back of the shoe. I cant wear my several pairs of IVs I have because the bootie started folding up in the back. Felt like I was permanently flat-tired. 1/2 cents are still good so far though.

Just tried on my cloaks. They run super snug. FML. Anybody got any ways to make it fit larger in the toe box? I stuffed it with paper to hopefully make it wider. Anything else?

Got my Cloaks in from Villa Friday. They shipped the shoes in an irresponsibly large box so them sh*ts fell out and tumbled everywhere... Ah well. I'm happy I got mine for retail, without tax or shipping at that. Thanks again, Aceboogie.

Last edited:
The villa here in Pittsburgh had a fsr last I was there , that's why I asked

Just tried on my cloaks. They run super snug. FML. Anybody got any ways to make it fit larger in the toe box? I stuffed it with paper to hopefully make it wider. Anything else?

i had the same prob. i used the shoe trees out of my jordan xi (theyre way wider in the toebox than the penny v and hard plastic so it molds them better) for a few days and i took the insoles out and wore them a couple times in my daily beaters. they fit perfect now even with the original insoles back in. that was my ghetto solution but im pleased by the outcome. i would still suggest going a half sz up in these for anyone still looking for cloaks.

i had the same prob. i used the shoe trees out of my jordan xi (theyre way wider in the toebox than the penny v and hard plastic so it molds them better) for a few days and i took the insoles out and wore them a couple times in my daily beaters. they fit perfect now even with the original insoles back in. that was my ghetto solution but im pleased by the outcome. i would still suggest going a half sz up in these for anyone still looking for cloaks.
I'll try that. Thanks god.

I'll try that. Thanks god.

lemme kno how it turns out for u. took a couple days and id try them on each night to see how it was working but it definitely loosened them up quite a bit. did not realize how tight this shoe would fit. glad i was able to make them wearable. Hopefully you will be as well. removing the insole also makes a world of difference but i cant wear shoes that way. feels funny to me. thats why i decided to just break the insole in in one of my broken in shoes. i used a beater pair or jordan xi's for that as well. they felt great again for a couple days with new insoles hehe

Do you guys think they may release the air penny 6 this year or is this the end of the penny line for now? I hope they continue the air penny 5 cause it had so much potential to be a good shoe

Do you guys think they may release the air penny 6 this year or is this the end of the penny line for now? I hope they continue the air penny 5 cause it had so much potential to be a good shoe

The Penny V line was a success especially when compared to the other signature basketball sneaks that have released over the past 8 months. They weren't all flying off shelves, but have become a favorite of many collectors, have developed a cult following and I don't see why Nike would want to stop that momentum with the Penny line just yet.

On another note, I think the second half of the year is going to blow our minds :wow:!!! The release information from-mid June and on has been very bleak and leaves a lot of room for the spontaneity Nike and Jordan have become known for here recently. If the second half of the year is anything like the first I might end up needing counseling :lol: :rolleyes.

i personally dont see nike hopping into another penny signature that quickly. how long id it take to get to the penny V? and to release the VI a year later? doubtful but of course possible. Im looking forward to more colorways in the V myself, very comfortable and great looking shoe.

Well they've done the Griffey over that past several years with the Air Griffey Max, 360 and Fury

They've also done new Bo's and Barkley's

The difference is that they did this one as a V, but they never had Griffey's, Bo's and Barkley's as numbered signatures.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom