Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 AFTERMATH THREAD ----- NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could really care less about kanye and the thirst thats created for a limited release shoe im just simply stating that the yeezy 2 concept of a shoe should be a standard brand in itself w/o retro or anything by itself...(not a fan of the y1 and i dont believe the 1s are as hyped and attractive as the y2) with or without the hype from limited availability the shoe itself would still sell no matter whos name was atttatched to it through nike...

The thirst comes from nike making limited quantities of highly anticipated releases no matter what shoe it is

I could really care less about kanye and the thirst thats created for a limited release shoe im just simply stating that the yeezy 2 concept of a shoe should be a standard brand in itself w/o retro or anything by itself...(not a fan of the y1 and i dont believe the 1s are as hyped and attractive as the y2) with or without the hype from limited availability the shoe itself would still sell no matter whos name was atttatched to it through nike...

This may have been posted b4 but f*ck it...

Kanye is a hypocrite. I love his music, usually, but this Yeezy album is killing me. He is taking on this "militant" attitude where he claims that we are the "new slaves" for buying into the commercial fashion agenda but no other rapper has done so much to push the European fashion agenda on us as him. If we are, in fact, the "new slaves" and Kanye continues to push his ultra-limited shoes onto the public knowing that many of his fans will have to pay over 1000% retail to get them... he's a hypocrite and y'all are fools for paying toward it. I like the shoes but not the hype. 

The dude who made "New Slaves" should not have a sneaker competition for his ultra-limited sneakers as a promotional tool for his album. If you dont see the hypocrisy in that, continue to support.

Last edited:
This may have been posted b4 but f*ck it...

Kanye is a hypocrite. I love his music, usually, but this Yeezy album is killing me. He is taking on this "militant" attitude where he claims that we are the "new slaves" for buying into the commercial fashion agenda but no other rapper has done so much to push the European fashion agenda on us as him. If we are, in fact, the "new slaves" and Kanye continues to push his ultra-limited shoes onto the public knowing that many of his fans will have to pay over 1000% retail to get them... he's a hypocrite and y'all are fools for paying toward it. I like the shoes but not the hype. 

The dude who made "New Slaves" should not have a sneaker competition for his ultra-limited sneakers as a promotional tool for his album. If you dont see the hypocrisy in that, continue to support.

Theres nothing "commercial" about this when he's giving away the sneakers for free. And Nike has the upper hand BY FAR when it comes to the contract between the two, he has complained about the fact that he has little say numerous times. So the pricing, how many pairs are made, none of that is up to Kanye. The LEAST he could of done was release free pairs which he is obviously doing unlike the last two yeezy drops.

Last edited:
looks like a twizzler
my thoughts exactly! 
laugh.gif

Yes, but with kanyes minimalist approach there is less verbal content that makes the album seem shorter then it is because you memorize it faster. I really like the album as is, but feel like it wasn't fully finished. Plus I hate the trend the last few years, put out an album and then release a deluxe version with one more good track and 2 throw-aways. Or a few good tracks that were held from the album intentionally to be able to sell the same album durning the holiday season.

On the flip side I think the blueprint 2 should have been better as one cd with less filler.

its funny you mention blueprint 2, i was telling someone about this a few days ago. this is the reason they released blueprint 2.1. they made it a single cd and removed alot of the filler

Nike and Yeezy should:
  • purchase an enormous island space
  • hide all the pairs produced in various places on the island
  • have everyone who wants to buy them pay $245+tax to be taken to the island
  • where they hunt each other. Survival of the fittest..... 
  • game ends on release day.
  • you're free to go "camp" as early as you want

Edit: and they should do an online restock a few months down the road as a joke

Last edited:
Has anyone actually had to enter the code or validate their cd/itunes copy again when entering for the second week? And are you getting another email stating you've entered to win?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom