Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 thread vol. 2 - 6/9/12 Global Release Date: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man i hope 21mercer gets Sal's famoused this saturday, i hope some madness goes down cus this was pure bull, they need to make sure next time they "do the right thing"

Yo whoever has an ISS acct

tell all of em a big **** YOU from ya boy nikevandal

i had the info the first time and got banned there cause they thought i was trollin

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

I heard Kanye's gonna reshoot the "No Church in the Wild" video at 21 Mercer w/e this Saturday

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

i hope the yeezy's drop like during the wk like last the released during the week at a random time and while i'm at work that way i can get a chance
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Originally Posted by NikeVandal

Yo whoever has an ISS acct

tell all of em a big **** YOU from ya boy nikevandal

i had the info the first time and got banned there cause they thought i was trollin

dawg they're throwin money at you as if u were a stripper 
laugh.gif

2HqyUl.jpg

This is some BS. I had my DM ready and even predicted black would be the hashtag. and was constantly just clicking with my mouse until it went thru. So i was def one of the first. Doesn't make sense. I did it from my PC but the twitter on the web doesnt show the exact time sent just says 2 hours ago. Iphone however shows the exact time

Originally Posted by JumpmanMike30

Call corporate.....I did!!!

Word. I called too, they said 'we are receiving a lot of phone calls about the RSVP, we will direct it to our retail team and you should get a phone call tomorrow". My wife called too and the lady asked her more questions and said a lot of people are complaining, but she should have a call in a week. I highly doubt we will get the sneakers through Nike, but I hope they do something about the "RSVP"

yea...easy

if first # was platinum the second # was black. I got that too and still i dm within 5 sec and got nada.

@drain what time did you dm them?

No success in the Yeezy RSVP's, but I successfully RSVP'd for the Military IV's. Which I have no care for.

Tough luck.

Alright, lets look at this chronologically and then speculate. You might change your mind, but I'm not trying to sway anybody. I've remained optimistic I'll be able to get a pair since day one and I live in Alaska, seriously. 
  • The AY1 drops and people are immediately stoked for the AY2. Hype is building from day one.
  • Kanye starts wearing AY2 prototypes before WTT tour and people are even more hyped. Speculation is already starting that the AY2 might be the most hyped shoe ever.
  • WTT tour was when hype really got big. People saw Ye wearing the finished Solars and freaked. Everyone wanted them at this point, but it was mostly people who were up on shoes. Regular people didn't know about them and hadn't gotten a good enough look at them to be sure.
  • April rolls around, and the rumored release date is coming up. This is where the game changed: Nike realized how big the hype was at this point and they knew that the AY2 had the potential to be the biggest release ever. Additional points to this:
  1. At this point, everyone had seen the shoes and wanted them. This includes heads, hypebeasts, regular folk like me, and literally everyone's $&*#ing grandma. It didn't help that Jay-Z got his pair about this time (I think) and people were really stoked, especially when he shouted them out at his SXSW show.
  2. Nike realized how appealing this shoe was, so they pushed the release date (claiming the april date was just an announcement) to produce more pairs. 
  3. This is the main point of this post, READ THIS IF YOU DON'T WANT TO HEAR ME RAMBLE: The Yeezy 2's are an entirely different release. The reason Nike didn't supply the Galaxies, the Lebrons, any hyped Jordan, is because they don't appeal to everyone. Lets face it, as dope as these shoes are, regular people don't want them. Only heads and hypebeasts want these shoes. Nike knows the demand for their shoes, trust this. They know that if they release these shoes in limited quantities, they will sell out, but they aren't going to risk having extras laying around for people to be calling wack as soon as the hype dies. I wouldn't doubt that Nike loses money on GR's for lame sneakers that nobody really wants, but will pick up on a whim. I would never wear the SB Lebrons, but I can see myself wearing Y2's everyday, especially if I copped both CWs. This is why I believe Nike has changed their ways with this release.
  4. The fact that Nike typically doesn't do huge announcements and such for hyped releases is another reason I believe the Y2's are different. There was no official Nike announcement with a set date for the Lebrons or Foams, but the Y2's had an April announcement date? That's odd for Nike to do, unless they've got another plan.
  • April announcement passes, people are salty. MORE hype builds.
  • Assorted production pictures get leaked. This doesn't normally happen with shoes. More hype.
  • Nike implements the Twitter RSVP system. Personally, I think they did this in anticipation of this release once they realized the magnitude of the hype. They knew that after the GFoam drop, there would be riots and pandemonium when this released, regardless of quantity if the hypebeasts didn't get satisfied. Again, more hype and speculation about the release.
  • Early celeb release. I covered reasons for this in the previous post, but again, Nike wants our money and wants more hype.
  • Drawing out the release info as long as they can built more hype, and only cemented that they were gonna NDC release in my eyes. It's kind of messed up that Nike drew it out so long without telling boutiques, because it kind of made it difficult for them, but they had to.
  • Release info drops, and then people freak. Look at this thread, and tell me the hype isn't at an all time high.

Now lets think. Given how much time has passed since the AY1 and hype was building, Nike had plenty of time to plan this out, and make sure they made as much money as possible with it. Call them a hating corporation or whatever, but they want money. There's no reason for them to hold out on us with this one, because everyone will buy it and it WILL sell out, no matter the quantity. The only reason these aren't a GR at this point is because, really, GR's aren't cool. When was the last time a really hyped GR came out? Never. The Yeezy 2's will be a large stock, and if you really want them, you'll get them. And if I'm wrong on this one, oh well. I won't be salty. They're just shoes. Take what you will from this.

Originally Posted by DEpast

someone said NDC's tweet will come tomorrow (Ye's Bday).

Haha, I was thinking the same thing. Maybe his birthday for the date, and time he was born (for the time they post the link). Idk, just some creative thought...
grin.gif

Who knows...

Originally Posted by micer

Alright, lets look at this chronologically and then speculate. You might change your mind, but I'm not trying to sway anybody. I've remained optimistic I'll be able to get a pair since day one and I live in Alaska, seriously. 
  • The AY1 drops and people are immediately stoked for the AY2. Hype is building from day one.
  • Kanye starts wearing AY2 prototypes before WTT tour and people are even more hyped. Speculation is already starting that the AY2 might be the most hyped shoe ever.
  • WTT tour was when hype really got big. People saw Ye wearing the finished Solars and freaked. Everyone wanted them at this point, but it was mostly people who were up on shoes. Regular people didn't know about them and hadn't gotten a good enough look at them to be sure.
  • April rolls around, and the rumored release date is coming up. This is where the game changed: Nike realized how big the hype was at this point and they knew that the AY2 had the potential to be the biggest release ever. Additional points to this:
  1. At this point, everyone had seen the shoes and wanted them. This includes heads, hypebeasts, regular folk like me, and literally everyone's $&*#ing grandma. It didn't help that Jay-Z got his pair about this time (I think) and people were really stoked, especially when he shouted them out at his SXSW show.
  2. Nike realized how appealing this shoe was, so they pushed the release date (claiming the april date was just an announcement) to produce more pairs. 
  3. This is the main point of this post, READ THIS IF YOU DON'T WANT TO HEAR ME RAMBLE: The Yeezy 2's are an entirely different release. The reason Nike didn't supply the Galaxies, the Lebrons, any hyped Jordan, is because they don't appeal to everyone. Lets face it, as dope as these shoes are, regular people don't want them. Only heads and hypebeasts want these shoes. Nike knows the demand for their shoes, trust this. They know that if they release these shoes in limited quantities, they will sell out, but they aren't going to risk having extras laying around for people to be calling wack as soon as the hype dies. I wouldn't doubt that Nike loses money on GR's for lame sneakers that nobody really wants, but will pick up on a whim. I would never wear the SB Lebrons, but I can see myself wearing Y2's everyday, especially if I copped both CWs. This is why I believe Nike has changed their ways with this release.
  4. The fact that Nike typically doesn't do huge announcements and such for hyped releases is another reason I believe the Y2's are different. There was no official Nike announcement with a set date for the Lebrons or Foams, but the Y2's had an April announcement date? That's odd for Nike to do, unless they've got another plan.
  • April announcement passes, people are salty. MORE hype builds.
  • Assorted production pictures get leaked. This doesn't normally happen with shoes. More hype.
  • Nike implements the Twitter RSVP system. Personally, I think they did this in anticipation of this release once they realized the magnitude of the hype. They knew that after the GFoam drop, there would be riots and pandemonium when this released, regardless of quantity if the hypebeasts didn't get satisfied. Again, more hype and speculation about the release.
  • Early celeb release. I covered reasons for this in the previous post, but again, Nike wants our money and wants more hype.
  • Drawing out the release info as long as they can built more hype, and only cemented that they were gonna NDC release in my eyes. It's kind of messed up that Nike drew it out so long without telling boutiques, because it kind of made it difficult for them, but they had to.
  • Release info drops, and then people freak. Look at this thread, and tell me the hype isn't at an all time high.

Now lets think. Given how much time has passed since the AY1 and hype was building, Nike had plenty of time to plan this out, and make sure they made as much money as possible with it. Call them a hating corporation or whatever, but they want money. There's no reason for them to hold out on us with this one, because everyone will buy it and it WILL sell out, no matter the quantity. The only reason these aren't a GR at this point is because, really, GR's aren't cool. When was the last time a really hyped GR came out? Never. The Yeezy 2's will be a large stock, and if you really want them, you'll get them. And if I'm wrong on this one, oh well. I won't be salty. They're just shoes. Take what you will from this.
Good GOD you have a lot of time on your hands. Respect
pimp.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom