Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 thread vol. 2 - 6/9/12 Global Release Date: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Ayipapi

Take this with a grain of salt or believe what you want to believe Im just putting out info that I gathered up today.....

Now..Im hearing that the real delay was in preparation for the RELEASE of the shoe...not the production...Production and pairs have been ready to go for sometime now but for were held back to insure a "controled" release...
this is a pic that was posted on tumblr in April...

tumblr_m2fktjsNUu1qgmeaeo1_500.png

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Originally Posted by PleaseSayTheBaby23

How does the artist get in contact with a Nike rep? And when they do what do they say "hey start sending me shoes"
laugh.gif
or is it a process

Some artist I know have built in relationships over the years like Clark Kent, Greg Street, DJ AM, Wale, Kanye

but what about these C/D list celebs how are they even able to contact a Nike Rep who is high up enough to send them Yeezy 2s?

- Being hot
- Making yourself present at local Nike events

Usually the company finds you. For example Stalley, you can tell he's a guy that's really about this culture and before his come up was buying shoes from his local spots. He probably attended local sneaker events, and made relationships. Once he started to get notice on blogs etc, reps paid attention and reached out. Could also be a situation that once joining MMG, Wale or the label put him in touch with the right people. There's so many ways, but "they" find you.

Can't get Kanye, Jay, Drake, Lil' Wayne to do these sneaker events cross country? Call Stalley, Vado, Fred The Godson, Pusha T and others that really haven't plateaued yet. For that favor, reps will make sure you're covered. It could be as simple as walking into Supreme and the manager in store is a fan or knows who you are, he'll get your information and make sure the right people always deliver you gear. It works so many ways, but the main thing is being somewhat hot or relevant at sometime.

A personal experience I can share is Drake. During that 'So Far Gone' phase a lot of the shoes he was wearing were bought in stores here, once in a while for super hard to get stuff (Air Yeezy 1's) he'd pull the ties to YM to get his pairs. But he wasn't covered with Nike/Jordan Brand until MJ's son had his birthday party and specifically asked MJ to have him perform there. Off that MJ made him Jordan Brand (and Nike) covered for life. This all before his first album dropped, it's all about being somewhat hot and relevant in whatever you do tied to the entertainment industry and the rest falls into place.

Sorry for the blabber.

so were those purple/black v's fake? he claimed that they are custome made...

Originally Posted by indianabound

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

thank god for presales.... $325 shipped... gotta take that

I got flamed for posting "hints" last time so I am not going that route anymore (let's just say it's a website that Bill Bellamy would love)

I remember you saying months ago you weren't worried because these won't be hard to cop as you might think.
I guess you were right at least for you that is, so my hats off to you, congrats.

Wish I could get them for that price, I would actually wear my pair to death unlike the majority who will sell or keep in the closet.
I plan on beating my pairs to death... just like the yeezy 1 (although I regret selling my tan pair to pay for an NBA Finals trip even though I had the $$ 
mad.gif
)

I got flamed for posting "hints" last time so I am not going that route anymore (let's just say it's a website that Bill Bellamy would love)

I remember you saying months ago you weren't worried because these won't be hard to cop as you might think.
I guess you were right at least for you that is, so my hats off to you, congrats.

Wish I could get them for that price, I would actually wear my pair to death unlike the majority who will sell or keep in the closet.
I plan on beating my pairs to death... just like the yeezy 1 (although I regret selling my tan pair to pay for an NBA Finals trip even though I had the $$ 
mad.gif
)

pimp.gif
for getting them for 325.  Getting them at that price makes it 1000 times easier to wear.

mad.gif
)

I know you will and hats off it you for the killer price.I'm saying if I get them I would do the same which is unlikely cause I live in a small town.I wish I could have gotten them for the same price you did.

Originally Posted by teamfreshh

I thought all NT and HOH were going to do raffles to eliminate the camping ?

just NT's seeing as tho that is the only Nike owned retailer that gets limiteds.

Originally Posted by 2dopeboyz

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Originally Posted by PleaseSayTheBaby23

How does the artist get in contact with a Nike rep? And when they do what do they say "hey start sending me shoes"
laugh.gif
or is it a process

Some artist I know have built in relationships over the years like Clark Kent, Greg Street, DJ AM, Wale, Kanye

but what about these C/D list celebs how are they even able to contact a Nike Rep who is high up enough to send them Yeezy 2s?

- Being hot
- Making yourself present at local Nike events

Usually the company finds you. For example Stalley, you can tell he's a guy that's really about this culture and before his come up was buying shoes from his local spots. He probably attended local sneaker events, and made relationships. Once he started to get notice on blogs etc, reps paid attention and reached out. Could also be a situation that once joining MMG, Wale or the label put him in touch with the right people. There's so many ways, but "they" find you.

Can't get Kanye, Jay, Drake, Lil' Wayne to do these sneaker events cross country? Call Stalley, Vado, Fred The Godson, Pusha T and others that really haven't plateaued yet. For that favor, reps will make sure you're covered. It could be as simple as walking into Supreme and the manager in store is a fan or knows who you are, he'll get your information and make sure the right people always deliver you gear. It works so many ways, but the main thing is being somewhat hot or relevant at sometime.

A personal experience I can share is Drake. During that 'So Far Gone' phase a lot of the shoes he was wearing were bought in stores here, once in a while for super hard to get stuff (Air Yeezy 1's) he'd pull the ties to YM to get his pairs. But he wasn't covered with Nike/Jordan Brand until MJ's son had his birthday party and specifically asked MJ to have him perform there. Off that MJ made him Jordan Brand (and Nike) covered for life. This all before his first album dropped, it's all about being somewhat hot and relevant in whatever you do tied to the entertainment industry and the rest falls into place.

Sorry for the blabber.

so were those purple/black v's fake? he claimed that they are custome made...

Anyone can get in contact with a Nike rep........

i don't remember these hints...thanks for helping us NTers out 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom