Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 thread vol. 2 - 6/9/12 Global Release Date: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by titanium intellect

[h6]RSVP Gallery OFFICIAL YEEZY 2 RELEASE INFORMATION

On Saturday June 9th, RSVP Gallery will be hosting an in-store silent auction for Air Yeezy 2s from 2pm-4pm. Customers will have the chance to bid on the shoes of their choice during that time period. The bidding will end at 4pm. Upon the end of the auction, auction winners will have the option of taking their shoes with them, or picking them up within 24 hours. Any questions or concerns? Please call us at 773-770-6666[/h6]
MORE BS!!!
someone please call and report this to Nike
mad.gif
mad.gif

Originally Posted by yanky

Originally Posted by RaY MuLLa

West NYC is giving out raffle tickets, too bad there going to be charging 700 SMH
That is just insane. I guess if they can't "sell" their raffle tickets might as well jack up the price. Win win situation for them.

I wont trust a "raffle" from any store that doesn't do the drawing infront of me. Im sure that now West realizes that they cant profit they'll give tickets out and not sell a single pair to the public

On Wednesday, May 30th, Nikeinc.com announced the release of the Air Yeezy II, scheduled to launch on Saturday, June 9th. This product will be at select global retailers in extremely limited numbers. These retailers have not been announced and our customer service representatives have no further information at this time.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by moneymike88

Originally Posted by yanky

Originally Posted by RaY MuLLa

West NYC is giving out raffle tickets, too bad there going to be charging 700 SMH
That is just insane. I guess if they can't "sell" their raffle tickets might as well jack up the price. Win win situation for them.

I wont trust a "raffle" from any store that doesn't do the drawing infront of me. Im sure that now West realizes that they cant profit they'll give tickets out and not sell a single pair to the public
This. Unless the raffle is done in front of everyone it's a bunch of bs

Originally Posted by KixxRus

Originally Posted by MicroCustomz

PPL NEED TO STOP ASKING DUMB QUESTIONS AND START DOING THEIR OWN RESEARCH.........
thats why its called a forum.. moron  

LOL!It's great that people are sharing info. The shoes will end up in the hands of the ones who are supposed to have them. I'm ok with that. GOOD LUCK TO ALL!Besides, I did a ton of research for the Air Jordan Titaniums and it was a lot of work and I still came up empty handed. All of the work wasn't worth it in the end.

You have to be stupid if you think that conversation was legit. 
laugh.gif

Grammatical errors all over the place. Reps don't even $#@% type like that.
laugh.gif

roll.gif

Originally Posted by KRISPACINLA

Originally Posted by DublBagn

Originally Posted by mross16

Originally Posted by debs 168

ppl should talk to nike about the pre order prices and the shadyness that is already going on with stores.

dm them on twitter or whatever. its not looking like these will be possible to get without dropping one to two month's rent.

Something definitely needs to be done

nothing can be done.  The price on the box is MSRP, Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price.... This shoe is an automatic sellout, its not like an odd AM95 colorway, these shops talk to each other to set prices for stuff like this.  And I dont think they are wrong for doing so, with all these resellers talking about charging $2k+ these stores would be stupid to not charge more than $245.  Its only smart business to charge as much money as people are willing to pay for an item.
I understand that "its not fair" or "I really want them to wear", well I want a ferrari to drive and I dont think they should be so expensive.  
This man speaks then truth. Its funny, but going thru this thread, its like people think "I have the Right to own a pair of Yeezys for retail, because_______________ "

People saying their going to retire, if they dont get a pair or they been collecting for a long time, and they cant deal with the way the game is. DEAL WITH IT. You dont have to have a pair, life goes on. You dont got a couple stacks for these, buy something within your budget, or better yet start collecting other things
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

look at this !%$**#% mans signature. the got damn irony

I called Nike(no not nikestore) and basically they said the shops can charge whatever they want to since its on their property.

They however dont agree with whats going on and it sounds like there will probably be more rules in the future regarding prices for big releases like this.

Props to all the stores giving all the raffle proceeds to charities and $%*$ stores having auctions or charging 500+

I guess I want in on these too and I'll admit that I am lazy to read through 241 pages to find what I am looking for.

If anyone can help out that will be great. I'll contribute but I'm sure everyone knows already in the LA area

I called nike town beverly hills, nike town the grove, and nike town santa monica and I have been bounce around that the beverly hills will get it, but then they said santa monica will get it. ANd finally santa monica said the only store in LA that will get them is House of Hoops.

I assume House of Hoops already has a line out to the beach.

Where else are you L.A people getting them and are they implementing a raffle? I prefer to do a raffle, not going to line up and risk getting stabbed or something like that.

And online places will carry them?

Sorry for the redundant questions, but its 241 pages long!

Originally Posted by deadly eskimo

I guess I want in on these too and I'll admit that I am lazy to read through 241 pages to find what I am looking for.

If anyone can help out that will be great. I'll contribute but I'm sure everyone knows already in the LA area

I called nike town beverly hills, nike town the grove, and nike town santa monica and I have been bounce around that the beverly hills will get it, but then they said santa monica will get it. ANd finally santa monica said the only store in LA that will get them is House of Hoops.

Where else are you L.A people getting them and are they implementing a raffle? I prefer to do a raffle, not going to line up and risk getting stabbed or something like that.

spoke to a guy in HOH beverly and he told me that IF they do get them, it will DEFINETLY be a raffle. The lines are irrelevant thank goodness and even if there is a line, we have the same chance to get them...

Originally Posted by deadly eskimo

but everyones saying no HOH is getting them 
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

to those ppl that are camping at HOHLA, are you guys gambling without a concrete info? i called em they said they're not sure whether they're getting it or not so 

Via COMPOUND's shop and A Powers aka Jailblazin's blog

AIr Yeezy II: Campout or Raffle?
Last Friday we announced our confirmation for the Air Yeezy II and our decision to hold a raffle (rather than a traditional campout) has had a few complaints about the choice, so I wanted to share with you the thoughts behind the decision.

For the release of the Air Yeezy I we had people camping out for days, like most stores did. Each release had a longer line than the colorway before it did. The first colorway had a line for a night, the second release had a line for two days and the third colorways line was longer than that. When we received confirmation that we’d be getting the Yeezy II had a hunch that as soon as we released details a line would start to form.

If your familiar with Compound you know Old Town isn’t a desirable place to spend a week, especially at night. People spending multiple nights camping isn’t a good look for their own safety or for business around us. Safety was our main concern leading to the raffle idea, but once we got to it something else struck me: fairness.

Once we got to the idea of the raffle we thought about doing unlimited tickets for purchase, but the idea didn’t sit right. If we were going to be holding a raffle we wanted to make it as fair as possible. If we limited the tickets to one per person and made sure entrants were 14 or over (no your eight year-old brother doesn’t have 200+ dollars for Yeezys), that would help level the playing field. Of course, people could still bring friends, but most of my friends would want their own shot at the raffle, so I thought that wouldn’t be a that huge of a problem.

How do we make a raffle that is as fair as possible for everyone who wants to enter it? At first I wanted to make a sized raffle (size 12s enter a pool of 12, 11s enter a pool of 11, etc.), so that way people would be competing for their own size and there would be at least a (slim) chance they would keep them, but with the scant amount of pairs we’re getting it just isn’t possible. We’ll likely have half as many 12s as size 10s, so by doing a sized raffle it would make it less fair to the people entering for the biggest and smallest sizes (and as a bigger size, that’s just not ok).

Compound is a small store and, with the number of employees we have, it would be tough to hold the type of event the raffle would attract. We needed a way to cut down the number of entries. We briefly thought about having to purchase an item at Compound to have to enter the raffle, sure it would give us more sales for the short term, but we’d end up with a lot of customers with items they didn’t want and a poor outlook on us. That was an easy no-go.

Then we thought about charging for tickets. I didn’t like the idea of profiting off our customers for a ‘chance’ to purchase the shoes, but we still need a way to cut down entries. The owner and I talked it over and came up with the idea of donating the ticket proceeds to charity. As a small store, it’s not often we get a chance to help a charity out, so donating the profits to the Right Brain Initiative would be great for us and would help keep the number of entries down (a little bit…), plus we’d still be seeing the profits from the shoe sales.

With the number of entries we’re expecting, the raffle is sure to end with a lot of unhappy people, but with a campout going instead it’s an opportunity they might be missing altogether.

Do you think I’m over looking anything? Let me know on Twitter.

Originally Posted by woody2626

Called the FTC and filed complaints on stores making people purchase $100 worth of product to be entered into a raffle. It is illegal. Calling the stores to tell them it is illegal and that I suggest they change it. Can't hurt because obviously they are in violation of the law

thank you. good **!%.
pimp.gif

This is a shoe boutique owners dream, to make money off of the majority of people that will not be getting these, in terms of raffle tickets sold. Shiit, I'd take advantage of the opportunity too. Need to gather up some money and invest in a shoe store or open my own, while people are still gullible.
laugh.gif

The real idiots are the non-millionaire people who buy after resell at double, triple and damn near quadruple the cost. Clearly you live with your parents and should know better.

Originally Posted by LeClutchJames

They however dont agree with whats going on and it sounds like there will probably be more rules in the future regarding prices for big releases like this.
DOUBT IT.

LA peeps. (for those who are in LA, can we keep put LA as a big font title cause this thread is kind of all the place. sorry guys but I just want to get to the info fast! but kudo points for those are turning these crooked shops in !)

anyways, this doesn't seem right.... are they lying to avoid line ups ..or what? like i said, im getting bounced back and forth.

and any you guys driven past these places?

NikeTown- Beverly
NikeTown-The Grove
NikeTown- Santa Monica?

is there a line?  The person at Beverly sounded convincing they they weren't getting some, and said for sure Santa Monica will get them.

Also Undftd (LA BREA AND MAIN STREET) said they don't know yet. They will know later this week (no given date yet) and they don't know if they will raffle them or if theres going to be a line up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom