Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 thread vol. 2 - 6/9/12 Global Release Date: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This shoe release honestly has me feeling like crap. Materialistics aren't everything, but @@!% I took off a week from work because I really wanted them.

I was one of the few lined up at Dr. Jays 34th and they told us "they didn't have them". I was there for a week.  Clearly they were sold out the back, but it's whatever. NDC was a fail and I got through on RSVP but got a cancellation email right after.

It sucks because every one who actually wanted them for their selves did not get them. I even made the NY post.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/kanye_rarefied_airs_XfmOqD6XTuiw0p7H2FbaIL

Guess they weren't for me.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by DBOi181

This shoe release honestly has me feeling like crap. Materialistics aren't everything, but @@!% I took off a week from work because I really wanted them.

I was one of the few lined up at Dr. Jays 34th and they told us "they didn't have them". I was there for a week.  Clearly they were sold out the back, but it's whatever. NDC was a fail and I got through on RSVP but got a cancellation email right after.

It sucks because every one who actually wanted them for their selves did not get them. I even made the NY post.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/kanye_rarefied_airs_XfmOqD6XTuiw0p7H2FbaIL

frown.gif

Damn, they actually cancelled RSVP's? Definitely sucks fam. Just checked out the post, which quote were you? 
laugh.gif

frown.gif

Smh. Should have camped elsewhere.

Originally Posted by Gnarled

frown.gif

Damn, they actually cancelled RSVP's? Definitely sucks fam. Just checked out the post, which quote were you? 
laugh.gif

Sorry I meant RSVP gallery.

The first one, where I said I came out of retirement. I wanted to bs them a bit.

Didnt get a confirmation, fml. Just read Doyung9s post-that was actually a good post and makes alot of sense.

Non sneakerhead responses to the Yeezy release.

12a7f34144db40a79e0ef6a.png

I love how they're quick to assume some are on government assistance.
roll.gif

I'm not gonna lie, majority of the people on the line that I spoke to wanted to flip because it was their only come up.   

With the way this whole thing was structured and how it was hyped, really you shouldn't be surprised there was so much mayhem over this release.
If you think of it as buying an investment that you know for sure will give you a damn big return when you re-sell it, while it's greedy, would you try to buy shares of Company X if you know it would go up 500% in value when you sold it? Of course you would. I can honestly admit I never was interested in this shoe but with the hype and the potential of reselling it and making 1K+ profit, it's almost a no-brainer to at least give it a shot. Even if you only sell it for 1000 that's still a very nice return. If you could get a lottery ticket that could get you $750,  I don't think anyone would say no to that.
My point in all this is, with the way Nike structured the whole release (and really, with everything they do), they obviously don't have their consumers in mind first; they could care less if each person who wants a pair can get them at retail price. Of course it's going to be in favor of their business- all this hype just generates even more money to them.
Personally, I've never re-sold any of my sneakers, and don't have duplicates of any of my shoes. But this shoe takes it to another level because it almost becomes a lottery ticket.

I've graduated college and have a career, and if I wanted these bad enough I'd pay the reseller price. But personally, I'd much rather get a pair of nice Ferragamos for $500, which I could definitely see myself wearing often (especially to work and formal events), then pay $1000+ for a sneaker that isn't practical for everyday wear.

Originally Posted by belle155

they didn't have my size, damn big feet, but i was sure not going to leave empty handed.  not bad, the glow in the dark soles are kind of cool.

ill be honest, this is the first time ive seen you post since Lebron left Cleveland.

i dont think ive seen you in the sports section.

shout out to the fat justin beiber looking dude that wore his yeezys instead of trying to rape people on ebay ,i know people that said they wouldnt wear their pairs out of fear lol

Originally Posted by acidicality

With the way this whole thing was structured and how it was hyped, really you shouldn't be surprised there was so much mayhem over this release.
If you think of it as buying an investment that you know for sure will give you a damn big return when you re-sell it, while it's greedy, would you try to buy shares of Company X if you know it would go up 500% in value when you sold it? Of course you would. I can honestly admit I never was interested in this shoe but with the hype and the potential of reselling it and making 1K+ profit, it's almost a no-brainer to at least give it a shot. Even if you only sell it for 1000 that's still a very nice return. If you could get a lottery ticket that could get you $750,  I don't think anyone would say no to that.
My point in all this is, with the way Nike structured the whole release (and really, with everything they do), they obviously don't have their consumers in mind first; they could care less if each person who wants a pair can get them at retail price. Of course it's going to be in favor of their business- all this hype just generates even more money to them.
Personally, I've never re-sold any of my sneakers, and don't have duplicates of any of my shoes. But this shoe takes it to another level because it almost becomes a lottery ticket.

I've graduated college and have a career, and if I wanted these bad enough I'd pay the reseller price. But personally, I'd much rather get a pair of nice Ferragamos for $500, which I could definitely see myself wearing often (especially to work and formal events), then pay $1000+ for a sneaker that isn't practical for everyday wear.
agreed. These are not even of quality to pay over $500 for.

lol at fat justin beiber, but i agree at least he wore his shoes and imo his outfit is better than most of the hypebaest kids wear i.e. that black kid buying ice cream

Originally Posted by sickickz23

Originally Posted by mALiZ

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

these are just gonna sit on ebay for the $2k + prices they are at now... only a few ballers are gonna drop that.

once the ndc pairs hit the market, that's when some reasonable prices will be seen.

i will get both pair, but i'm in no rush really... patience is a virtue.

FACTS
so what do you think the reasonable price range will be? around 900-1500?
Maybe between 900-1200 depending..many of these seller are new and won't know what they doing. Honestly some might take 600-700 if find a buyer. Just wait for price to die. I'm doing the same waiting for a black pair.

Originally Posted by stc153393

i feel like last night was a trial run for ndc. IMO few pairs were successfully obtained and ndc is prepping for the real deal by saying everything is "held"

Sorry but your in denial.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by belle155

they didn't have my size, damn big feet, but i was sure not going to leave empty handed.  not bad, the glow in the dark soles are kind of cool.

ill be honest, this is the first time ive seen you post since Lebron left Cleveland.

i dont think ive seen you in the sports section.

ive posted since then! not as much though.  im one of the clevelanders that still likes lebron.  i browse NT still just never logged in.  been on this site 10+ years, times have changed, just not online as much anymore! #4 pick is exciting and kyrie is the truth.  still goin to cavs games too.  its nice now with all the empty seats, you can sit near the floor for the price of upper deck clubs back when lebron was here. 

Originally Posted by stryka12

Wow this is not non-shoeheads. This is straight up RACIST!!!

30t6p3b.gif
 Idk why this makes me so angry....

just graduated from college, got a interview with a physical therapy school this friday for admission 

but we're on government assistance ok..

MN just tweeted "RIP Nike Mag hype, Hello Yeezy 2, Two months later, Hello 3rd and 4th Colorway #Bangbang" and "It ain't over. #YEEZY2". they seem to always say things that aren't always true, probably not even real, but hmmm...

Originally Posted by smlb52

Originally Posted by stryka12

Wow this is not non-shoeheads. This is straight up RACIST!!!

30t6p3b.gif
 Idk why this makes me so angry....

just graduated from college, got a interview with a physical therapy school this friday for admission 

but we're on government assistance ok..

Yep. I gave them a piece of my mind.

Slick racist comments without  just coming out and saying it and people who buy shoes are are very diverse races. Americas we as a country is wasteful  period so.... 

Originally Posted by jst628

MN just tweeted "RIP Nike Mag hype, Hello Yeezy 2, Two months later, Hello 3rd and 4th Colorway #Bangbang" and "It ain't over. #YEEZY2". they seem to always say things that aren't always true, probably not even real, but hmmm...

just saw that too 
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

i added to cart clicked checkout filled ll the stuff then checked out with paypal put my info in clicked continue and then it froze now i dont have anything in my cart ! smh i just chatted with them and they said they are doing an investigation about this and i should be contacted within 2 days

man I added the shoes to cart, got to the payment screen only to show nothing in my cart and price of 0.00

been checking my cart all day and aint nothing there. size 13 plats is all i want. To actually WEAR. FEELS BAD MAN =(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom