Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 thread vol. 2 - 6/9/12 Global Release Date: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sick photos! 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by smlb52

Originally Posted by stryka12

Originally Posted by Gnarled

Non sneakerhead responses to the Yeezy release.

12a7f34144db40a79e0ef6a.png

Wow this is not non-shoeheads. This is straight up RACIST!!!

30t6p3b.gif
 Idk why this makes me so angry....

just graduated from college, got a interview with a physical therapy school this friday for admission 

but we're on government assistance ok..

Student loans is government assistance....  Just letting you know.  

when do yall think Nike will release another colorway? i keep seeing pictures of the purple yeezys... maybe thats next?

Originally Posted by bapelover

30t6p3b.gif

just graduated from college, got a interview with a physical therapy school this friday for admission 

laugh.gif
 Well I'm on government assistance even though i will eventually have to pay it back

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

After sitting outside on my lunch break today, it dawned on me of how stupid stressing over this release was. Literally, every bit of caring I had for this shoe vanished just as quick as the shoe itself did.

I thought to myself, "damn AT, you got like 60+ pairs of sneakers that you own - all of which are straight classics - some even double!"

As I sat there and thought about it; I fooled myself. I told myself last year I wouldn't give a #*%! about sneakers that much anymore, and here I am stressing about some sneakers that would've cost me $250+. Not that I'm stressing about the cost - but I literally have no remorse, no anger or any kind of sadness due to not obtaining these
laugh.gif

I planned on even calling Nike to complain about this in hopes of getting my message across, now - I don't even care lol. It's all good. I really like this sneaker but hey, if I really, really really wanted to - I can shed out and purchase from re-sellers. So why stress? The opportunity to obtain these is there for me, even at $2000 each.

Once again; it was a hectic, ugly release - I had the opportunity and I missed. Oh well. I'm not calling Nike to complain, nor am I going to sit in front of my computer hoping these magically appear like some have claimed.

Congrats to those who got 'em, and much blessings to those who didn't.
The first comment I can relate too!  Be thankful for what you have!

30t6p3b.gif

Student loans are loans(could be from government, doesn't have to be) government assistance is food stamps, welfare, etc.(people don't pay back). Student loans you MUST pay back and like every loan you need good credit but with student loans you need to have at least a 2.0 GPA(C average), attend class, and pass your classes. The money you get from student loans is only for your school.Facts

30t6p3b.gif

i was on athletic scholarship though

Originally Posted by capo1119

30t6p3b.gif

Student loans are loans(could be from government, doesn't have to be) government assistance is food stamps, welfare, etc.(people don't pay back). Student loans you MUST pay back and like every loan you need good credit but with student loans you need to have at least a 2.0 GPA(C average), attend class, and pass your classes. The money you get from student loans is only for your school.Facts
Student loans/Student grants both comes from where?  The government.  The End.
I get what you are saying about food stamp, welfare, and etc.  but all and all it's considered government's money or should I say tax payer's money.

30t6p3b.gif

I go to school full time, plus 2 jobs, I don't live with my parents(no I don't live on campus), and I pay my bills. I have taken out students loans, does it sound like I'm on government assistance to you?

Originally Posted by Gnarled

Originally Posted by BlackJesus69

Originally Posted by capo1119

I go to school full time, plus 2 jobs, I don't live with my parents(no I don't live on campus), and I pay my bills. I have taken out students loans, does it sound like I'm on government assistance to you?
breastfeeding.jpg

I don't wholly understand the use of the pic. 

works for me 
devil.gif

Originally Posted by acidicality

With the way this whole thing was structured and how it was hyped, really you shouldn't be surprised there was so much mayhem over this release.
If you think of it as buying an investment that you know for sure will give you a damn big return when you re-sell it, while it's greedy, would you try to buy shares of Company X if you know it would go up 500% in value when you sold it? Of course you would. I can honestly admit I never was interested in this shoe but with the hype and the potential of reselling it and making 1K+ profit, it's almost a no-brainer to at least give it a shot. Even if you only sell it for 1000 that's still a very nice return. If you could get a lottery ticket that could get you $750,  I don't think anyone would say no to that.
My point in all this is, with the way Nike structured the whole release (and really, with everything they do), they obviously don't have their consumers in mind first; they could care less if each person who wants a pair can get them at retail price. Of course it's going to be in favor of their business- all this hype just generates even more money to them.
Personally, I've never re-sold any of my sneakers, and don't have duplicates of any of my shoes. But this shoe takes it to another level because it almost becomes a lottery ticket.

I've graduated college and have a career, and if I wanted these bad enough I'd pay the reseller price. But personally, I'd much rather get a pair of nice Ferragamos for $500, which I could definitely see myself wearing often (especially to work and formal events), then pay $1000+ for a sneaker that isn't practical for everyday wear.
Very well said sir. 
I also remember another Kanye designed shoe not made in China that is worth closer to its retail price in quality. I could never logically pay over $1000 for a pair of Nikes, whether they be Air Mags, Galaxies or whichever. Being a huge Kanye fan, I could see it as a splurge and support for one of my favorite artists but could never live with knowing I paid 1000% over retail for a product made in a "sweatshop" factory.

first time posting here....

never crossed in my mind that i would able to get this Yeezy 2 as i'm in outside US (in Indonesai to be precised)..... but actually i thanks to God that i get the luck to have the opportunities to cop it...

and now here it goes...

and here is the details...

and same old problems with Nike/JB quality problems:nthat:

really pleased to have this...
happy.gif

It's funny in this thread that 80 to 90% of the posts are not about the shoe, but about how insane the hype is.

Well done Nike, you made major bucks, but at the same time, your reputation is getting dinged majorly by your own consumers. Just look at the Twitter and FB outrage!

Originally Posted by eddiengambino

It's funny in this thread that 80 to 90% of the posts are not about the shoe, but about how insane the hype is.

Well done Nike, you made major bucks, but at the same time, your reputation is getting dinged majorly by your own consumers. Just look at the Twitter and FB outrage!

But the fact is that  all those people who are complaining will be in line for the next release
roll.gif
consumers are so forgivable 
wink.gif

Originally Posted by kobejames21

happy.gif
thanks bro, these pics really make me happy that I was able to cop the platinums for retail on NDC...especially liking how the glue stains arent quite as visible on these as they are on the solars
smokin.gif

I know the gmen won the superbowl however cruz is on a roll...
glasses.gif

dude is super blessed
image.jpg

Originally Posted by SdotC38109

But the fact is that  all those people who are complaining will be in line for the next release
roll.gif
wink.gif
Bubble's going to burst sooner or later. I say in 5 years, when quality is so bad that people are going to stop buying the shoes, or when Nike endlessly retros everything to oblivion since they have already ran out of good ideas.

Originally Posted by Dcypoe

happy.gif
thanks bro, these pics really make me happy that I was able to cop the platinums...especially liking how the glue stains arent quite as visible on these as they are on the solars
smokin.gif
For anyone who is dropping $1-2k on these sneakers... think about that bolded line right there... just think about it.

Originally Posted by ct3boii

Originally Posted by Dcypoe

happy.gif
thanks bro, these pics really make me happy that I was able to cop the platinums...especially liking how the glue stains arent quite as visible on these as they are on the solars
smokin.gif
For anyone who is dropping $1-2k on these sneakers... think about that bolded line right there... just think about it.
I know right. I flew all the way out to LA for a pair, imagine the disappointment and frustration I was in when I saw the quality. 
tired.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by SdotC38109

roll.gif
wink.gif
Bubble's going to burst sooner or later. I say in 5 years, when quality is so bad that people are going to stop buying the shoes, or when Nike endlessly retros everything to oblivion since they have already ran out of good ideas.
Yeah but every year there are new collectors and people who couldnt afford a certain shoe when it drop and kids who grew out shoes and wants it later in life....Also, how can you tell from good or bad quality when you never had it...thats their advantage...people in future want be able to tell that because this is what they've grown up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom