Official Nike Air Yeezy II "Red" Thread NO BOT TALK--NO FAKE/GM TALK-NO BUY/SELL/TRADE TALK-- Ye to

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe postponing the release to make these more available like ye wanted, so the relationship ends on a positve note. he was saying it publicly in all the interviews that nike made them limited. Nikes attempt to save face???

I agree, these brands have too much power over us as consumers. Look at what resellers are doing on eBay? We need to be smarter, unite, and purposely not buy into a major release just to prove a point.
That will never work as much as want it to. People are still going to buy these shoes no matter the price. Nike would really have to f'up in order for there following to drop. If the small number of people on nike talk boycott nike that just leaves the door open for hypebeast. The only way to kill the resellers is to not buy there products. If you pick up on release day then cool but if you don't then just move on and call it a day. Let the pairs resellers buy sit in there hands and crumble away.

Last edited:
'From all of us here at Footlocker.com,
MERRY CHRISTMAS!
And don't forget, the Jordan Night Before Christmas Pack is now available.'

I couldn't even allow myself to fall for it from the beginning. It was too good to be true. I'm surprised at how many people actually had their hopes up. 

That will never work as much as want it to. People are still going to buy these shoes no matter the price. Nike would really have to f'up in order for there following to drop. If the small number of people on nike talk boycott nike that just leaves the door open for hypebeast. The only way to kill the resellers is to not buy there products. If you pick up on release day then cool but if you don't then just move on and call it a day. Let the pairs resellers buy sit in there hands and crumble away.
If a major release like say the all star game collection were to totally sit on shelves due to a viral movement that had some visibility.... go to outlets.. sit some more.  Nike have would take notice. But If they don't then sneakerheads might have to wait out even more releases maybe even THOSE retro 6s which shall not be named. If resellers bought them all up because they don't have the long term vision for what was happening.. We could simply hurt they're pockets too. If you don't buy from them either. Eventually they'll NEED to unload their stock . That would be a win/win.

But it would take self discipline that people just wont go with. Real Sneakerheads would need to see past the kicks and actually diss people who had the boycotted releases on their feet.

Last edited:

If a major release like say the all star game collection were to totally sit on shelves due to a viral movement that had some visibility.... go to outlets.. sit some more.  Nike have would take notice. But If they don't then sneakerheads might have to wait out even more releases maybe even THOSE retro 6s which shall not be named. If resellers bought them all up because they don't have the long term vision for what was happening.. We could simply hurt they're pockets too. If you don't buy from them either. Eventually they'll NEED to unload their stock . That would be a win/win.

But it would take self discipline that people just wont go with. Real Sneakerheads would need to see past the kicks and actually diss people who had the boycotted releases on their feet.
I already do diss people for wearing new Nike's. We're all pawns to this ridiculous retail game... I just figured it out before most of you. I'm into paying what something is worth, and literally not a single Nike shoe on Earth is worth the going price.

Ye just left a meeting with top Nike execs about dropping the Red Octobers and someone snapped this pic as he left

I don't think they coming out fam.
roll.gif

maybe postponing the release to make these more available like ye wanted, so the relationship ends on a positve note. he was saying it publicly in all the interviews that nike made them limited. Nikes attempt to save face???
nice thought.  Not saying its not possible but when has nike ever "postponed" a shoe to "make more"

although i will say this, a GR of the red yeezys would greatly stifle the potential sales of an adidas x kanye if thats what they were on...

I already do diss people for wearing new Nike's. We're all pawns to this ridiculous retail game... I just figured it out before most of you. I'm into paying what something is worth, and literally not a single Nike shoe on Earth is worth the going price.
props for your outlook. but you can't just say anyone wearing new kicks is a loser. They might be a pawn but thats just it. It's a game and some pawns are winning right now.
I haven't really had to pay for kicks since this stuff blew up. Today you just have to cop 2 maybe 3 pairs of what ever you want and keep one. Or cop something you don't need to have and get it to someone that does and boom you've paid for 2 other pairs of something. If I can't get it for free or heavily discounted, I won't keep em because like you said, their not worth the price. 

but.... if you tell me you paid a reseller... yes I'm going to call you an idiot. and then ask you if you need my size in something lol

props for your outlook. but you can't just say anyone wearing new kicks is a loser. They might be a pawn but thats just it. It's a game and some pawns are winning right now.
I haven't really had to pay for kicks since this stuff blew up. Today you just have to cop 2 maybe 3 pairs of what ever you want and keep one. Or cop something you don't need to have and get it to someone that does and boom you've paid for 2 other pairs of something. If I can't get it for free or heavily discounted, I won't keep em because like you said, their not worth the price. 

but.... if you tell me you paid a reseller... yes I'm going to call you an idiot. and then ask you if you need my size in something lol

Agree with this 100%... but that secondary markup is what makes the product quality continue to go down and drive the price up. Sure it works now, but what it appears Nike is completely oblivious too is that the bubble will pop. There's a point where their retail price is so high and quality is so bad the secondary market will disappear. And when the secondary market goes on Nike shoes..... I'd say their sales drop about 80% because my true fair estimate of REAL sneakerheads nowadays is about 1 in 5.

The market is so ridiculously artificially inflated by resellers and hoarders that when the trend passes (and it eventually will) Nike will be left with this humongous distribution skeleton with no meat on the bones. They are outgrowing themselves by artificially limiting their product...

Once they aren't relevant or "cool" nobody will want them, let alone pay some astronomical retail price that laughable when compared to the quality/price of most other brands. I can't wait for it either. Mark Parker is a greedy prick and if anyone disagrees they have absolutely no idea how he has made Nike grow so much financially since taking the position of CEO.

1876.gif
It's so funny people came out the woodworks like the hulk for these when footlocker made that tweet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom