Official Nike Air Yeezy II "Red" Thread NO BOT TALK--NO FAKE/GM TALK-NO BUY/SELL/TRADE TALK-- Ye to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly so quit the excuse, "For my daughter, ye ok."

you wouldn't want the best for your daughter? what if you could possibly provide financial wealth (not just stability) for the rest of her life without her ever having to work a day?

No go on adidas for me. You guys think kanye shoes will sell the same with adidas?

hypebeast senses tinging. how you gonna say you won't buy a shoe before you even see it?

i think Kanye wants them more available, so I don't think it will be comparable. will they sell out like the Nikes? maybe not, but it's probably not hard to sell out 5000 sneakers. will they resale for as much? most likely not, if that's what you care about

Last edited:
If Kanye has signed a deal with adidas, can Nike still legally sell the shoe?
In all technicality the "Air Yeezy" doesn't use any likeness of Kanye outside of the word "yeezy" ... the legality of that is questionable.

The copyright "Yeezy" is owned by Mascotte Holdings Inc., a company that is supposedly owned by Kanye. So in the event Nike released the Yeezy and there is no active contract... he could sue the **** out of them. But I don't see that happening. Nike releasing a shoe with his name on it after all he's said is a big win for him... It essentially proves everything he's said about Nike.

This statement is predicated like Kim is worth nothing. Kim and Kanye's net worth is not that far apart. If they split, neither will really lose much financially.

This statement is also predicated on the fact that they don't have a pre-nuptual agreement... which I'd have an extremely hard time believing that they don't have one.

Kim net worth - $40m. Kanye net worth -$100m+

Do you guys think Nike will retro any of the Yeezys now? Sooner rather than later?
i see a good and a bad in retroing them, obviously more hype for kanye and a rival sneaker brand, or making enough pairs could kill the hype especially if his Y3 pair isnt up to par.  

Kim net worth - $40m. Kanye net worth -$100m+
Congrats, everyone else has google just like you.

That means in the event they were to divorce and they DON'T have a prenup they both split worth about $70m. That's not a little chunk of change.... but certainly not leaving him broke by any means.

Him signing with Adidas means the design of his shoe will actually need to be nice now in order for them to sell. 

Before it was Nike + Kanye = Instacop

i see a good and a bad in retroing them, obviously more hype for kanye and a rival sneaker brand, or making enough pairs could kill the hype especially if his Y3 pair isnt up to par.  

Yes I think flooding the market with them takes away their uniqueness, the limited availability and therefore the whole 'aura' of the shoe. Or, like you say, keeps creating hype for a rival!

WHERE ARE YOU YEEEZYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

adidas. 

LOL he did it cause of D. Rose, adidas rock with the Chi.

Congrats, everyone else has google just like you.

That means in the event they were to divorce and they DON'T have a prenup they both split worth about $70m. That's not a little chunk of change.... but certainly not leaving him broke by any means.

Just giving you the numbers, no need to get smart... :wink:

Him signing with Adidas means the design of his shoe will actually need to be nice now in order for them to sell. 

Before it was Nike + Kanye = Instacop
LOL you crazy. European people love Kanye, and you never been to NY or to soho. Little kids die for this dude, it dont matter what he do it will sell. Look at his APC collection................................................................................................... 

Just giving you the numbers, no need to get smart...
wink.gif
Well aware of the numbers, hence my post referring to them. Thanks.

Word.. The contest winners lucked out! I think they have to get them. Anyone have the official rules?

At this point, I find it difficult to believe that Nike will release the RO as initially planned. Like some have already stated, I see them scrapping the release and pairs going the outlet route (a la the "Banned" 1s in 2011).

Kanye just signed with Nike's biggest competitor in the footwear space and from an integrity, branding, and strategy standpoint, it doesn't make sense for Nike to release these the way they did the previous Yeezys. From a financial perspective, scrapping the RO is nothing to Nike.

They should just give all the pairs to kanye and he should give him to his friends and family after the contest winners. It's only fair it's his shoe. If they do that outlet BS that would be annoying.

Smart Move By Ye' I Think..IF Adidas is willing to let him be free with his creativity, we could see something bigger than the Yeezys
nerd.gif
.. Only Time Will Tell.. And Imagine if Yeezy started popping up at outlets around the nation or restocking online at random times 
eek.gif
eek.gif

I had originally heard the RO were to drop on 12/12. No conformation on that and is was before all of this took place. Now I am hearing they will probably be scraped.. This is just hear say so take it for that.

lol if they legit cancel the release and destroy the shoes 6k gonna end up being a steal. :lol:
yup. Those contest winners will be tempted to resell even if they never resold shoes in their life, and I wouldn't blame em

Damn all that time wasted reading this thread for the past few months and the shoe possibly ends up not being released. Dont give AF about any Adidas, Yeezi or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom