Official Nike Air Yeezy II "Red" Thread NO BOT TALK--NO FAKE/GM TALK-NO BUY/SELL/TRADE TALK-- Ye to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shame on Nike for not giving Kanye 5% on the Yeezys profit....
Lets see what Kanye can do now that he cant use the Jordan, 3, 4, nike court, and other Nike midsoles and toeboxes for his template.......

It would look more like the original Yeezy concept. I can't tell by your wording but it wasn't his intention to use existing midsoles, it was a compromise.

http://sneakernews.com/2009/09/15/nike-air-yeezy-tooling-design-process/

I always thought the recycled midsoles were the corniest part of the Yeezy line.

Last edited:
Kanye sold out to be honest. He criticizes others for selling out. But he sold out. Sacrificing his desires for $. Can't hate him for getting his royalties, but he is a hypocrite. 

he's gonna have more creative control AND more money, and that's selling out somehow? lol

Sold out? Hmm I don't know about that. Seems like Kanye would've loved if Nike had they offered him this 30 SKU / year deal back in 2010 when he was designing the AYIIs.

We probably wouldn't hear a peep out of Ye about his deal if they did that. Since they waited so long now he's like.... Ya know what? You guys aren't the only brand and I don't need y'all because all you have done is tell me what I can't do.

-M0 (initials of username makes everything official)

He said they gave him the opportunity to do 2 collections a year. And he said he loves Nikes. But when it came down to $, Nike said no royalties so he went to adidas. 

This is what he said about Beyonce's Pepsi commercials. 
 "Can I sell a drink for you please? So you can help me put on a better show. Please corporations. Can you please support me, Kanye West? I swear I’m a nice n**** now. I swear I’ll put the pink polo back on. I swear to you. Please? Just for three million dollars. I need it so bad. I need a new pool in my back yard. So I’ll tell all my fans your s*** is cool. And if they believe in me they should also believe in you... What’s my public rating now? Are people liking me again? Enough to get some money for some corporations? They forgot about the whole Beyoncé thing right? Okay cool."
He sacrificed his love for Nikes for $. Hypocrite. But like I said, I don't blame him. He deserves royalties 

He said they gave him the opportunity to do 2 collections a year. And he said he loves Nikes. But when it came down to $, Nike said no royalties so he went to adidas. 

He sacrificed his love for Nikes for $. Hypocrite. But like I said, I don't blame him. He deserves royalties 

it would only be selling out if he sacrificed creative control for $$$. going to a company that's gonna let you do what you want and make money off of it is in no way selling out lmao. that's like saying I'm selling out if I buy a Samsung phone even tho I'm a diehard IPhone fan because it's bigger cheaper and does more of what I want

Last edited:

When he refers to the "Beyonce thing" he isn't talking about her commercials, he is talking about BEYONCE HAD THE BEST VIDEO OF ALL TIME.

Like "people forgot about that by now right"

He sacrificed getting completely owned by a corporation and making no money off of it. Which is exactly what New Slaves is about.

He turned down the deal that was ******. He chose the one that benefited him and his family.

Simple as that.

Kanye signed a contract. Why sign if you wanted royalties?

And, again, his delusions of grandeur thinking that 5% of Yeezys sales would net anything close to the 100 mill Jordan is getting.

500k of one pair of retros vs. 15k of Yeezy 1-2 total?

He would of gotten thousands in royalties not millions, and he obviously basing the success of the shoe on resell value.

it's crazy how people are hating but they still in here I don't like kim kardashian and her sears clothes but I don't be on message boards talking s*** about her dudes get weird over Kanye man

Last edited:
Yeezy 3's won't be based on a Nike model or Nike sole.. This will be interesting
smokin.gif

And, again, his delusions of grandeur thinking that 5% of Yeezys sales would net anything close to the 100 mill Jordan is getting.

He would of gotten thousands in royalties not millions, and he obviously basing the success of the shoe on resell value.
This is just me using my common sense and intuitive abilities. Something which a lot of people don't seem to possess. 

You get your foot in the door first, then once you gain some leverage, you demand more once the time to renegotiate your contract comes. Royalties probably weren't a part of the initial deal, but once Kanye's superstardom grew and his stock increased, he wanted and demanded more. It's what anybody with half a brain would do.

In the BBC interview he spoke of stores like Zara and H&M and wanting to provide product for the average person on a larger scale. Also more affordable. So based on that alone, it seems to be like Kanye is pushing for a wider GR release of product with his name on it.

As far as Yeezy sales being minuscule, I'm sure that can be attributed to the amount released. It's a cult shoe because it was released as a cult shoe. It was meant to be small scale. I'm sure Kanye is projecting a wider released Yeezy to do Jordan numbers, which is a point I would raise during any renegotiation with Nike, so I'm sure he wouldn't have hesitated to make that same point during discussions.

I legit hope they don't release. I would LOVE it if they completely scrapped the entire RO release and it never saw the light of day.

Sure I would like a pair, but I would get more satisfaction from seeing It break all the little hypebeast hearts out there, the ultimate troll.

The Yeezy 2 represents everything that is wrong with the sneaker game today. It pretty much marked the end of casual collecting. It turned sneakers from a hobby to a bot infested, reselling, week long camp out and ******ed bubble investment - and Yeezus forbid one day the bubble pops then all of our "expensive" collections will just be used sneakers worth a fraction of what we payed. I would love to see all these overnight "sneakerheads" lose interest as fast as they gained it. They don't love sneakers, they love the hype. People paying $300+ for a GR Jordan? 5 years ago the same shoe would hit outlet shelves on sale, ******ed.

End rant....

This is just me using my common sense and intuitive abilities. Something which a lot of people don't seem to possess. 

You get your foot in the door first, then once you gain some leverage, you demand more once the time to renegotiate your contract comes. Royalties probably weren't a part of the initial deal, but once Kanye's superstardom grew and his stock increased, he wanted and demanded more. It's what anybody with half a brain would do.

In the BBC interview he spoke of stores like Zara and H&M and wanting to provide product for the average person on a larger scale. Also more affordable. So based on that alone, it seems to be like Kanye is pushing for a wider GR release of product with his name on it.

As far as Yeezy sales being minuscule, I'm sure that can be attributed to the amount released. It's a cult shoe because it was released as a cult shoe. It was meant to be small scale. I'm sure Kanye is projecting a wider released Yeezy to do Jordan numbers, which is a point I would raise during any renegotiation with Nike, so I'm sure he wouldn't have hesitated to make that same point during discussions.

View media item 669278

Yeahh about this... You're both incorrect. Those royalties would be coming after a 30 SKU / year contract. Much bigger difference than a couple of pairs of Yeezys every few years.

Yeahh about this... You're both incorrect. Those royalties would be coming after a 30 SKU / year contract. Much bigger difference than a couple of pairs of Yeezys every few years.
...AKA a new/renegotiated contract.

Which I was alluding to.

He claims they didn't want to give the royalties though, so that's that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom