OFFICIAL: Nike Flight One Holiday 2012 (New Holiday 2012 colors on the way)

Damn! I just missed out on the GITD so I just ordered the Orlandos instead.

Got my confirmation email just now and can't wait 'til my size 10 is on its way!!!

Originally Posted by hotbutter

Originally Posted by myselfonline

Originally Posted by hotbutter

I personally much prefer the way they handled this ''restock''.
by just posting the restock info at a random time, rather than giving a people a certain specified time cuts down on the drama 100 fold.
just like how NTSF handled the 'concord xi' release, where they randomly posted the wristband info on  a social media platform, it almost entirely eliminated the chaos and pandemonium that would have surely took place if they settled on the 'first come, first serve' method.

IMO, if you really want the kicks THAT bad, you will find a way to constantly check forums/twitter/facebook for updates and any new info, the week of or after the release date.
weeds out those who somewhat want them, from those who cant do without them.

for instance, the past two releases that i've felt this strongly about, the concord/flight one releases, i've been extremely successful based on the unconventional timing and methods used to release info. BC i was on top of my game.  but i prob wouldnt have been for a sneaker i didnt feel so strongly about.

and please, i dont want to hear excuses about 'i have to work'.
most of us do, and i know it's not that difficult to check your twitter/niketalk/iss/facebook every once in a while AT WORK. lol

GJ EASTBAY on this release
pimp.gif

favorite release of the year
I guess it really all comes down to luck. There is a difference between checking the thread now and then and checking it every 10 minutes. I checked the thread right after my break and by that time, my size was freshly sold out as I was still on hold. If I had checked it maybe 5 minutes, or even 2 minutes before, I probably would've been able to have gotten my pair. The sad thing is, I have been checking this thread multiple times a day, this time, it just turned out I was checking it at the wrong time.

you're right, sometimes it does just come down to plain luck, but so do releases that stick to a specific date/time.
i feel you have to be even more lucky when it comes to the 'countdown timer' type of releases.

but for this particular restock, someone posted on ISS about scooping a pair through phone order as early as 9:30 PST. i didnt see that post until 9:58 and called immediately and got lucky they still had my size in the mints.
I understand that the timer is not absolutely fair, but the thing about specific time releases is that everyone at least has more of a fair chance. Sure there are things that give people advantages like faster internet connection, faster computer, lower ping, faster reflexes, etc. But with a timer, everyone knows when they are coming and has the same opportunities to prepare for it. The Eastbay timer is flawed by the way, I have had it expire before midnight and I've had it expire after midnight. Of course when it expired before midnight, I got an error when adding the item to the cart, and when it expired after midnight I missed out. With a "restock" like this, unless you are able to be camping out in the main thread, it all comes down to luck.   
People are going to be coming into this thread in the next few hours POed that they missed a chance at this restock. Especially if they came in earlier in the thread and saw that a restock was coming later next month. Imagine if you checked the thread this morning and read that the restock was coming late March, and the next time you check it, you found out everyone already back-ordered everything. 

man *%+% eastbay. most of us had our mind set on the 26th and these pricks drop them randomly today? smh. middle finger you

this may be the reason why the back order

We regret to inform you that Nike has pushed the release of the Nike Galaxy Foamposite, as well as the Nike Galaxy Flight One, this due to a delay of the delivery to their warehouse. On a more informal note - crap... the shoes are stuck on a boat. And there is nothing we can do about it, but to hope that the boat will not get hijacked on it's way to the Nike warehouse.
This is not just concerning Sneakersnstuff, but all the European doors that has placed their orders in time.

Originally Posted by firefly23

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
 i just got hosed by eastbay playing the 20 question game then my size sold out after question 20 weak

20 questions? i called got on and said flight one mints... she said what size... locked up...

Originally Posted by dwEEb813

Wow eastbay are you kidding me?

screwed again out of retail because I thought I could relax.

Congrats to those who copped.

Really disappointed in Eastbay, but that's the game I suppose.

Guess I'll put some stuff in the B/S thread to get my funds up.
damn man...sorry... ive felt your pain many times with eastbay
mad.gif
... but hey there could be another restock id hold out for a couple days bruh

Originally Posted by firefly23

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
 i just got hosed by eastbay playing the 20 question game then my size sold out after question 20 weak

bruh same here i was like just place the order...my size sold out by then so i had to go half size up...but at least i got free shipping

Mine just showed up...so thankful for the Employee Store pricing and them having them, cause I struck out online the night of the release. I would have paid retail though, worth every cent. *no pun intended

just ordered my orlandos now through eastbay, free shipping too... weird tho i called about 2 hours ago for the mints and these and they claimed both were sold out, now there's plenty of orlando's... smh

Just placed an order for the Orlando's off Eastbay...but on backorder. Oh well, at least I got it for retail plus I used my Gift Card which I bought when they had the 20% off. All in all, I'm happy I waited instead of paying reseller prices.

THANKS FOR THE INFO EASTBAY REP AND FOR F*#!ING ME OVER!

TWITTER POST SAID, 3/26 AND THEN YOU POST THE SKU TO ALLOW BACKORDERS SO WHY EVEN POST IT ON TWITTER?

Originally Posted by dimez81

Originally Posted by reener

all i want are orlandos... for retail.

ORLANDO still available in sizes 7-8.5, 9.5-11, 12 and 14. Phone orders only at 1-800-826-2205.
Good look

*edit* wait.... available online on 3/26 but taking orders now over the phone????

ordered just now. dude told me that I got the free shipping. but on the email the shipping was applied and no discount

Exactly. If you post a concrete date you should stick to it. I'm sure Eastbay rep isn't the person that has the say so in what can be done as far as releasing them so it's not okay to blast him for that. He's being as helpful as possible. There should've been a notice warning of a possible back-order in advance before posting the info on NT. I'm sure they are working diligently in providing the best possible service to us by learning from these good or bad experiences.

Originally Posted by kickz4show

THANKS FOR THE INFO EASTBAY REP AND FOR F*#!ING ME OVER!

TWITTER POST SAID, 3/26 AND THEN YOU POST THE SKU TO ALLOW BACKORDERS SO WHY EVEN POST IT ON TWITTER?

I am sorry to hear you missed out.  Unfortunately, there was a change from what was originally going to happen.  Dates are subject to change.

Originally Posted by reener

ordered just now. dude told me that I got the free shipping. but on the email the shipping was applied and no discount
If you would like me to look over your order, just send us a private message with your customer/order number.

EastbayRep - Ray

Originally Posted by thapointguy

Can I get a size update on the Orlandos? Might double up on them.
The sizes that are now sold out are sizes 8.5, 9, 11, 11.5, 12, 13 and 15.  Product number 20502110 if you need it.

Please note, these shoes are limited to one per customer.  They are on back-order until around 3/26/11.  These shoes are excluded from discounts.

EastbayRep - Ray

Originally Posted by EastbayRep

Originally Posted by thapointguy

Can I get a size update on the Orlandos? Might double up on them.
The sizes that are now sold out are sizes 8.5, 9, 11, 11.5, 12, 13 and 15.  Product number 20502110 if you need it.

Please note, these shoes are limited to one per customer.  They are on back-order until around 3/26/11.  These shoes are excluded from discounts.

EastbayRep - Ray
mad.gif
tired.gif
le sigh

just got mines shipped from beastbay. fortunate the box was intact but free shipping was super slow and dont wanna complain. these joints are superrrrrrr comfy im loving them cant wait to get my gitd on soon, these on a summer night will hurt the game.

Back
Top Bottom