OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Eh don't know how I feel about the Elites yet. Got a ton if FTL coupons coming though so that may make the price tag more manageable.

Nobody is dogging the performance. It's just the regular 8s are money already. Why spend more for a shoe that couldn't be that much more comfortable especially with no lunar? IMO the lunar made the 8, no other Kobe's had them and the fact the 8 is arguably the most comfortable of them all makes me think the elite version will just feel like every other Kobe but lighter.

I could be wrong but the only thing I like about this new version is the padded foam tongue. Back in December when I posted my review of the sulfurs I mentioned how lacing up the 8s tight with such a thin tongue is so uncomfortable unless you have thick socks on and people thought I was nitpicking then but it makes a difference
There's gonna be a difference at the end of the day, we havent even seen the insole. Personally I dont really see the point in copping shoes $140 and over and taking them straight to the gym or court, when there's cheaper shoes that work just as well. Dudes are out here buying Lebrons for $200 and ballin so I dont know why yall would think Nike would see this any different

That's where it comes down to personal preference and I stated why I think they won't be worth it.

But hey if you do and others do, by all means buy them. Not gonna knock anyone for their own tastes.

And would you rather have people buy the Kobe's and Brons to put them in the box for months or years untouched or rock them on the court? I'd rather see people balling in them otherwise why but them? But that's just me so...

Looks like 5 local FTL around me are getting the Easters, Great News !  no waking up early in the am for me.

And would you rather have people buy the Kobe's and Brons to put them in the box for months or years untouched or rock them on the court? I'd rather see people balling in them otherwise why but them? But that's just me so...
This is what I own so far.

Pythons, Sulfur,volts and red camos for balling.

Xmas,BHM and ASG's for casuals although planning to ball on the ASG's on my upcoming bball league.

As much as I like the 8´s, it bugs me that they leave basically zero padding in the tongue (I know, they sell it as a move to reduce weight, but how much, really?) and then put a little "articulated" padding back in and call that an elite modification.

I agree with everything you've said on this page lol. Bought my Kobes and immediately balled in them. I paid $140 for a bball shoe, not a display shoe, and couldn't be happier with the performance. I also love the Lunar and the only thing id want from the elites is the tongue though I haven't had a problem with the normal tongue. I wear low socks and don't suffer from chafing or discomfort.

Last edited:
Will wait for more elite CWs

Those from the pack are hideous

The PS ones with the blue upper and green sole with a lace swap would be nice

Finally a solid cw with the elites..but why green? Hope if/when they make the darker colors they won't start adding crazy patterns again

I like the Elite's, nice details and upgrades with the Zoom and Carbon Fiber shank plate instead of glass. Not worth whatever retail they're going to charge though, but nice.

For da purple fade beasts, saw on tumblr. anyway they straight and i will be debatin a cop come release week
PURPLEEEEEEEEEEEEEFADESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I die for you! I don't normally say this but this is the only shoe that will be COPPED 2X lol

Last edited:
Skipping on the purple fades I can thrown the money on the Elites. Matter of fact I won't get the Easters too.

Last edited:
PURPLEEEEEEEEEEEEEFADESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I die for you! I don't normally say this but this is the only shoe that will be COPPED 2X lol
Im more then ready to get "FADED" 
nthat.gif

Back
Top Bottom