OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Saw this IG
LOL

Could have happened in high or low tops, just stop the bs people. Love the 8's, such a shame arguably the best kobe shoe ever won't get a  playoff appearance by the mamba but lots more to look forward guys, gradients, amnesties (fingers crossed) and you know he will be back next year, Kobe too hungry to quit now.

Last edited:
Seriously how the hell can you guys blame his shoes? He had one of his best performances with the black elites. It's just a different color shoe, or am I taking you guys too seriously?

I am a laker fan, originally from SoCal. But I would rather not see lakers even make the playoffs if it is without Kobe. He got them there singlehandedly, and now those tools of a team will get swept by okc.

I don't want to derail the sneaker talk (I like the away elites, not feeling the home) but man, I'm freaking out about Kobe. I've been patient and not jumping on the D'Antoni hate bandwagon all season, even though he is an enormous problem. I know Kobe is bullheaded, and he would fight tooth and nail to play every second to ensure a win, but at some point, the coach has to step in and take him out. Should have been way earlier. D'Antoni pulled this with Amar'e in Phoenix. I don't know if I can support the Lakers next season with D'Antoni behind the bench.

Back to sneaker talk, someone posted a t-shirt a while ago that said something like "Quick As _ _ _ _" which matches up perfectly with the purple fades. Anyone know what brand/where to order?

Last edited:
That
If it's indeed true, an Achilles tear is gonna take about a year to come back from.

If Kobe comes back to the NBA, it won't be until the 2014 - 2015 season.

Could be the end of an era... :smh:[/qu
That's worst case scenario. Beckham came back at about 6months from a torn Achilles. HOPE!

I ruptured my achilles playing ball......very tough pill to sswallow.  I did that same walk (Basically a foot that cant flex because his achilles popped and rolled up his calf...IF he ruptured of course).  Leg feels like you can only drag it.  He'll be back.  The rest will give his entire body a chance to heal which will benefit him in the long run. 

I'm not taking a shot at anyone bc I've actually been there, but its funny how the same people who said Adidas is the reason Rose tore is ACL & MCL are the first to say it wasnt Nike or low-tops that caused the injury.  Funny how that works when its your favorite player/brand.  Not pointed at anyone in particular but the mature folks here will understand what I'm saying.

JS"

Good night sweet prince. Seriously though, this sucks. I'm not a Laker fan by any stretch but Kobe deserves better than this. Pringles has finally committed his worst atrocity.

You guys are idiots if you think the shoes had anything to do with his injury. He averaged 46 minutes the last 7 games after playing in the Olympics and a full regular season. His body finally gave out on him.

You can always book a flight to Paris if you missed any Kobes. I just got back and saw nothing but heat on the shelves - (Not showing in the pics are Pythons and Sulfur) I have plenty of pics of heat just sitting - Plus from what I saw Europe is all about Blazers and Air Maxes -

This is the reason why Hypebeasts will never win. They get shoes they don't like just
to stunt and fit in. When in reality, half of the world don't care. The only thing that matters
is IF YOU LIKE IT.

I ruptured my achilles playing ball......very tough pill to sswallow.  I did that same walk (Basically a foot that cant flex because his achilles popped and rolled up his calf...IF he ruptured of course).  Leg feels like you can only drag it.  He'll be back.  The rest will give his entire body a chance to heal which will benefit him in the long run. 

I'm not taking a shot at anyone bc I've actually been there, but its funny how the same people who said Adidas is the reason Rose tore is ACL & MCL are the first to say it wasnt Nike or low-tops that caused the injury.  Funny how that works when its your favorite player/brand.  Not pointed at anyone in particular but the mature folks here will understand what I'm saying.

JS"
good you recovered man... on a different note, of course 9 out of 10 times players dont get injured cause of the shoes they wear. heck they could even wear the most high top, tightly strapped and laced shoes with expertly wrapped ankles and they could still get an injury.. just that this is a shoe forum and some/more people will remember this injury in relation to the pair he wore tonight. 

*edit

Last edited:
Kobe ain't no spring chicken...his body has been put through the grinder.

I know medical technology is more advanced than it was probably even a month ago, so he could come back by maybe Christmas...

I just don't see it tho. He should have multiple surgeries to repair all his lingering injuries, and just get ready for the 2014 - 15 season...IF he wants to return at all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom