OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

^ highly doubt that
Look at his recent interviews (and considering his current condition), the man is talking about a final run with the lakers.

^ highly doubt that
Look at his recent interviews (and considering his current condition), the man is talking about a final run with the lakers.
but I bet the chase for that ring is addictive for him.. kobe's a fighter and a winner. wouldnt be surprised if he extends a season or 2 after his contract expires.

If Kobe can come back and play, to where he feels he's playing efficiently... He'll play until he can't anymore.

If Kobe can come back and play, to where he feels he's playing efficiently... He'll play until he can't anymore.
Exactly, just like he did last night, he played till he literally couldn't. To step up and knock those free throws down after the injury though just highlights his toughness. Just such a deflating day, all that hard work to get 8th seed and then bam, really hurting right now.

I hope youre right, but keep in mind Kobe will only chase the ring with the Lakers. If they dont do well next season I think its over.

What did he say on there?
nerd.gif
I'm no Lakers fan, but they definitely don't make them like Kobe anymore.  Him and MJ were just a different breed of players.  Doubt we'll ever see two players like them ever again.

Nike needs to scrap those weak home Elites.  Give us the "Amnesties."

Dang I know its a shoe forum but waking up to see Kobe tore his achilles ruined my week and this season. Just depressed now, not blaming the shoes though (had to involve the shoes since it is a shoe forum)

I was out last night. phone died. I turn my phone on and get a text saying kobes out. tough man. then I see that FB post and its sad but empowering.
going to have to unds all my kobes next week in tribute. and I still hope for the lakers to make playoffs.
I'm a milsap fan on jazz but its not the same without lakers in there.

I'm no Lakers fan, but they definitely don't make them like Kobe anymore.  Him and MJ were just a different breed of players.  Doubt we'll ever see two players like them ever again.

Nike needs to scrap those weak home Elites.  Give us the "Amnesties."

There's no other player out there who stands out to be the next Kobe or MJ. If you look at all the prospects for the NBA, there's just no heart or passion anymore. These college kids are just doing the minimum that they have to so they can leave college and get paid. It's so sad. Those doctors in Germany better think of something quick. Ain't nobody got time for a torn Achilles. Haha

But if rumors are true, I'm glad the 8's will run
throughout the rest of the year. I have every release of the 8's and will continue to buy the releases that come out in the future. Can't pass up buying Kobe 8's for $100. Two pairs of Kobe's still won't add up to what people are asking for with those Retro XI Concords. That's why I've stuck to rockin' my Kobe's more.

^ highly doubt that

Kobe wants that 6th ring, but you know he wants the all time scoring record too.

He's going to come back from this, and i think he'll play a few more seasons.

But it would be difficult to watch 'Contributing' Kobe, who struggles to score 10 - 15 a game...that's why he should take as much time as he needs to come back healthy, refreshed and even MORE hungry.

If he doesn't rush it, this injury may actually help him with some much needed rest.Then I could definitely see him playing a couple more seasons.

And ppl dont realize that he's the last of a dying breed

It may have just died tho

Guess I gotta start my exit strategy from watching NBA basketball

These players just dont hold a candle to Mamba Vino

Tennis here I come?

Lacrosse?

Smh

It's just a sad ending. Imagine now if Lakers don't even make the playoffs....

That would be the best thing for the Lakers...

Make the Playoffs and sadly get swept out in the 1st rd, or...

Miss the Playoffs, get a better draft pick and get a rested and rehabillitated Kobe for sometime next season...

I'd take the second option.

I don't doubt Kobe coming back, because you know out of everyone he'll put the work in and do everything possible to come back. You just hope he listens during rehab and takes his time.

Back
Top Bottom