OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

http://www.shoepalace.com/kobe-8-system-men-s-fog-volt-black-24389.html

kobe-youre-welcome.gif

Last edited:
Pretty sure they will, I just hope they don't go the Jordan route tho.. Except for retros, of course.

Do you guys really think the Kobe line will continue long after Kobe retires? I don't think so in my opinion.

Kobe is so involved into the making of each sig shoe, what's gonna be his incentive to consume his time with a design (besides $$$)? If the man is not wearing them, they probably won't sell.

I don't know, I just don't see it happening unless it involves retros.

Were Js as appealing when Mike wasn't the one debuting the new model on court? My opinion but not to me.

Let me just say it this way. I would have never given the 8s a shot had it not been for how the sulfurs looked on Kobe the first time I saw him hoop in them which made me go to the store and check them out which made me buy lol.

That's just me, but the point of signature sneakers is killed when the person they are made for cant even debut them anymore...

Last edited:
Were Js as appealing when Mike wasn't the one debuting the new model on court? My opinion but not to me.

Let me just say it this way. I would have never given the 8s a shot had it not been for how the sulfurs looked on Kobe the first time I saw him hoop in them which made me go to the store and check them out which made me buy lol.

That's just me, but the point of signature sneakers is killed when the person they are made for cant even debut them anymore...

I know what you mean...

I just couldn't get excited over Gary Payton, Jason Kidd or Carmelo Anthony as the focal points for the Air Jordan XIXs...

When Kobe eventually steps away from the game, I'm not sure if any player could come in and take up the mantle of the Kobe Brand.

This is how I feel 100%.

Or it could be because the sulfurs released like 6 months ago......
Nah bro, production was decreased in a year where demand imcreased. Retailers were aware of the reduced production, hence no discounts being offered on Kobe 8's. 6 mints later and it's still excluded from discounts on Eastbay. Heck 6 months later and the sulphurs (the few sizes left) at a local retailer here that is quick to liquidate and clearance stuff- still full price.
I got mine for 115 from footaction brosci, eastbay is just whack all around, discounts aren't applicable to like half of the stuff they carry, the 6s were marked down to 100 for the longest , orig 130, so what patterns are you trying to manipulate?

If we can make it to 10 then I'm good.

Obviously I love the line because of the man himself, but for me every single year since the ZK1 dropped I've been experiencing an evolving line of performance sneakers like nothing else. The Kobe line has been the one true performance staple that fits me and my game. If Nike offered another high end lowtop that pushed the boundaries of performance and succeeded year in and year out I would use those.

The Hyperdunks use takedown tech so it doesn't count, and the CPs are okay and keep improving but still not top notch. The 8s have been one of my favorite shoes on court and I'm hoping the 9 is the same way.

Do you guys really think the Kobe line will continue long after Kobe retires? I don't think so in my opinion.

Kobe is so involved into the making of each sig shoe, what's gonna be his incentive to consume his time with a design (besides $$$)? If the man is not wearing them, they probably won't sell.

I don't know, I just don't see it happening unless it involves retros.

I believe the line will continue well after he bows out. Whether it's successful? At the end of the day the true answer lays with the consumers.

Were J's better when Jordan debuted them? Absolutely! By far they're the most popular out of the whole line. It's all a matter of personal preference as we all know at the end of the day.

kobe say that when he retires he will focus on working the kobe brand..so yes

and yea shoes do sell better when he wears them..like mj I always had a feeling that they 18-23 aren't as popular like the other retros due to him not wearing them

and yea shoes do sell better when he wears them..like mj I always had a feeling that they 18-23 aren't as popular like the other retros due to him not wearing them
I agree but he did wear the 18 in his last season with the wizards. I know I hope the Kobe line continues though, by far the best shoes for ball would hate to see if leave.

Where'd he say that?

Jordan wore the XVIIIs while he was with the Washington Wizards.

That was the last shoe he wore in a NBA game.

In a week people are going to say... "Why didn't I get the sulfurs on shoe palace? They had my size, and I had em in my cart but couldn't pull the trigger. Anyone know where to find a pair less than $200?"

i know i've posted this way back when i posted the purple gradient release date but after 5/25 these are the rest of the releases thru june

White elites 6/1

Red snake 6/15

Blue snake 6/29

I hope those Black Elites hit the clearance rack soon after they release on 6/1...

Can't bring myself to drop 220+ on them...but $150 would be a totally different story

Back
Top Bottom