OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Where is all this talk about FTL removing the raffles coming from though?
If they are changing I hope they don't make it worse cause the raffles are decent but the ticket system doesn't work around my way because everyone acts wild just to get a ticket!

Yeah but how do they limit entries? By IP?

I mean if it's by email, you could create 10 emails or more!!

I've had okay luck at raffles. It would save me the trouble of having to drive a long time to Dadeland, Florida Mall or University.

The other issue is if the store will enforce it. University Mall does whatever they want (FCFS and probably side deals with Sneaker Yeti and Co.).

The current raffle system is OK if they show to the public when they draw the winner. How can you tell if the pull their own name? I see the same dude carry bags from 1 store to another. I mean either he is totally lucky, or he has friends with employee. Either, it's still not a "clean" system.

I think I'm willing to try the online version.

Yeah but how do they limit entries? By IP?

I mean if it's by email, you could create 10 emails or more!!

I've had okay luck at raffles. It would save me the trouble of having to drive a long time to Dadeland, Florida Mall or University.

The other issue is if the store will enforce it. University Mall does whatever they want (FCFS and probably side deals with Sneaker Yeti and Co.).

if they do it by first name last name and address and check ID at pick up i would be fine with that.

Ahh, bit the bullet and paid $240 for the MCs. Really pissed since I had them secured at retail, but oh well. Guess the 55$ I'll save on the Black Elites will kind of even it out. Just had to have these and seeing some of the ebay prices, I guess I didn't get bent over too bad.

I personally prefer the FCFS guaranteed ticket procedure... its pretty lame havingt to wait to c if they call n if in that instant u cant pick up cuz your working they just jump your ticket

Anyone know where I can find Venice Beaches for retail?

I'm kinda mad at myself for passing. :smh::smh:

talk about luck.

You don't even want to know. The email went to my spam and I didn't see it til later that night (pickup window was closed). Than on that Sunday scored both CW's on NDC. I went from feeling like :x, to :wink: :nthat: in one weekend. Talk about a rollercoaster of being so pissed with myself that I didn't check (still think to myself how the hell did I miss it cause I would've doubled up on one of them, but then I think how thankful I am for the ones I landed since getting one was a stretch and I got both), to being super happy.

The reason they are thinking about it is because SoCal,Houston and NYC have systems that are shady

Think i got scammed for the mambacurial pre order on ebay. Havent heard anything from the guy in two days after repeated messages. Thank god i got my pair in store and thank god for paypal protection so i can get my money back. Wont be "preselling" anymore

if they do it by first name last name and address and check ID at pick up i would be fine with that.
You'd still have 3 generations of families all coming day of to cop.

There's ways around everything. Nike does pre-orders for other shoes, they should for everything else. How can you resell what everyone had a chance to get? Re-selling is easy because I can just pay to win and those who play by the rules have to shell out the money.

FTL is shady, just say "cool shoes" and most these wet behind the ear employees are your besties

You'd still have 3 generations of families all coming day of to cop.

There's ways around everything. Nike does pre-orders for other shoes, they should for everything else. How can you resell what everyone had a chance to get? Re-selling is easy because I can just pay to win and those who play by the rules have to shell out the money.

FTL is shady, just say "cool shoes" and most these wet behind the ear employees are your besties

Yeah when it comes to FCFS, bringing family or ghost chairs are my pet peeves. On Kobe 8 GRs, the Broward Mall gets like one size run. Me and this one dude wear size 11.5/12. If he's in front of me on the line that morning, I might as well say good bye as he brings his children and girlfriend.

Unless they locked it down by IP (which they could get around by using multiple mobile phones, placing raffles from other people's house, etc). They'd probably need to use the NSA scanner to legitimize raffles.

I really don't have an answer except Nike should probably presell months in advance to get an idea of volume/demand. I'd have no problem running up my credit card if it meant no longer dealing with resellers, waking up early, online releases, etc.

Last edited:
I like the pre order idea could show nike the demand and especially with Kobes right now

I like the pre order idea could show nike the demand and especially with Kobes right now

Problem is their bottom line, which seems to be fueled by hype. I watched Just For Kicks last night and they've been doing the same shenanigans for years with AF1, Dunks, etc.

And the other issue is would it be a limited presell whereby bots could wipe out the inventory like concert tickets sellers are dealing with? Or would it be a demand thing like Apple does?

asg at my local champs

Back
Top Bottom