OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

I'm going half size up in these, I think the fit is comparable to the 4s, 5s, and 6s... If not more comfortable due to the mesh. But Kobe's are baaaack!
It doesn't surprise me that wearing the Kobe 8s get you fined... Just like Nike did with Jordan they paid Kobe's fine... Nike wouldn't do that for Morris... No reason to lol
I laughed at the Morris part!

I actually think theyre better this year than the ones from last year
*shrugs shoulders*
NBA didnt approve Kobes Xmas shoes? For what exactly lol and I'm guessing Kobe got fined then for wearing them...thats dumb lol. Stupid Stern lol
Stern's an idiot, he blocked the Chris Paul trade to LA. Kobe could of had his 6th ring by now.

Does anyone know if these are actually comfortable to play in though.. I think that's what actually matters. The 7s looked dope but beat up my feet not trying to have that happen again no matter how nice they look.

Does anyone know if these are actually comfortable to play in though.. I think that's what actually matters. The 7s looked dope but beat up my feet not trying to have that happen again no matter how nice they look.

3nters put up reviews less than 6 pages back

Any Portlanders know how HOH @ Washington Square is handling release?

Trying NDC at 5 but not expecting much, just dont want to head over to HOH to wait and find out I have no shot

I actually think theyre better this year than the ones from last year
*shrugs shoulders*
NBA didnt approve Kobes Xmas shoes? For what exactly lol and I'm guessing Kobe got fined then for wearing them...thats dumb lol. Stupid Stern lol

That's just what Morris said but just doesn't make sense.

Hmm odd on Morris' part but then again dude looks odd lol. Anyways after seeing that in depth vid on the xmas pair and seeing them during the game earlier, they interest me especially with everyone saying these are comparable to the Vs & VIs which are my fav Kobes. Unfortunately theyre not gonna be at the place that I'm copping the Kds at. Oh well, if I see some for a good price, I might cop down the line

So tomorrow moring at 5am west coast time. Nikestore and footlocker.com or just nikestore?

Got my xmas pair!!!!!!!!! Woke up 6am and was first in line at 7am. These were SUPER LIMITED. maybe even less than Grinch numbers.
Sooooooooo happy I got mine.

Lockdown is superb, fit is second to none and the cushion? Dear lordy. This is the lowest kobe to the ground yet the lunar
Foam is crazy comfy and plush. I LOVE IT.

If they perform well on the court(i'll let you guys know) then the Kobe 8 IS THE BEST KOBE EVER.
My zk5s and wallet are all trembling in fear right now.

Does anyone know any other spots where the Kobe's can be purchased?? Can't do NDC.. Don't have a US CC..

Haven't balled with the 8s yet but they def are more comfortable than any other Kobe shoe. It's not even comparable.

On the fence with the Xmas, saw them in person at NT and wasn't crazy about them but that lunarlon has me mighty interested. Are people going TTS with these ie., same size as you were in the V and VI?

Do these run TTS?

Went a half size up on these (like i did with the 6/7). I'm usually a size 8.5/9 but went 9.5 in these.

NDC is probably gonna be impossible just like FL, Champs, etc. where the countdown reached 0 and it IMMEDIATELY was impossible to add to cart. Then people could add them 30 minutes later and had to wait 30 minutes only for them to say it were sold out. so I'm not trying my luck on NDC, gonna go to the store at 7am and wait in line for an hour for them to open to cop my pair and then I won't have to wait for shipping.  Foot Locker Unlocked said nothing about Ticket Procedures, so I don't think my local foot locker did RSVP's, they are just releasing it tomorrow morning...

Any Portlanders know how HOH @ Washington Square is handling release?
Trying NDC at 5 but not expecting much, just dont want to head over to HOH to wait and find out I have no shot
They did reserves from what i heard from FL Lloyd Center. Your best bet is will be NDC i believe, good luck

Got my xmas pair!!!!!!!!! Woke up 6am and was first in line at 7am. These were SUPER LIMITED. maybe even less than Grinch numbers.
Sooooooooo happy I got mine.
Lockdown is superb, fit is second to none and the cushion? Dear lordy. This is the lowest kobe to the ground yet the lunar
Foam is crazy comfy and plush. I LOVE IT.
If they perform well on the court(i'll let you guys know) then the Kobe 8 IS THE BEST KOBE EVER.
My zk5s and wallet are all trembling in fear right now.

No way are these more limited than the Grinches. I remember staying on the phone with Eastbay for over an hour that Christmas morning. I was only able to get one pair. As for the Christmas Lights, I've been able to secure multiple pairs.

Regardless, good luck to everyone this morning and congrats to those who have their pairs on lock!

Last edited:
No way these are anywhere as limited as the grinches. Every single footlocker in Los Angeles is getting these. The grinches were only to be found in select footlockers around LA when they released.

Back
Top Bottom