OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

its true not rocket science 
laugh.gif
 milk snake pics 1st surfaced & they were the highlight of the thread... then graff pics surfaced then they became the talked about shoe of the kobe 8 thread... milk snakes are releasing next week so now theyre getting talked about once again... same will happen when it gets closer to graff RD 

so, out of curiosity I searched: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...709&US%20Shoe%20Size%20%28Men%27s%29=10&rt=nc

didn't realized the purple fades was that sold out over there. we still got loads in MNL even with the big Kobe following.

Got a chance to grab em fades for like 20% off but decided to go with the SH elites. Guess I'm one of the minority who is not into this purple fade hype. Like I told you before, fades will sit here in MNL homie. For sure they'll be in outlets in large numbers

I haven't balled in a few years. No time with a family and running my own business.

UPS just dropped of my Jordan toro 4s. Felt like a box of rocks when the delivery guy handed it to me. So use to the featherweight Kobes.

Jordan Retros and Jordan new Flagship releases are 2 different animals...

Those Toro 4s and other retros may be nice to look at, but they're basically just for casual wear.

On the other hand, the XX8, along with the Melo 9, are basketball monsters. Those 2 shoes are in the same 'class' as the Kobe 8, when it comes to their intended purpose of basketball performance. JB can come up with amazing footwear... too bad their crappy retros get 95% of the attention.

Once elites are broken in they feel great, the padded tongue is noticeable to me, especially because I like to tie em up tight. The swoosh is definitely not as poor in quality as last year's elites. In person the shiny gold shozoku is :smokin people are always complimenting them at the courts.

If you can get em on a discount they're worth it, I paid 175 for my, and in a sz 12 that's probably the best deal I will get for where I'm at...

Jordan Retros and Jordan new Flagship releases are 2 different animals...

Those Toro 4s and other retros may be nice to look at, but they're basically just for casual wear.

On the other hand, the XX8, along with the Melo 9, are basketball monsters. Those 2 shoes are in the same 'class' as the Kobe 8, when it comes to their intended purpose of basketball performance. JB can come up with amazing footwear... too bad their crappy retros get 95% of the attention.

Be honest, people have told me the XX8 is one of the best shoes they've ever worn in terms of overall package, even OVER the Kobe 8, which I thought was the best shoe ever as far as playing basketball in is concerned. So what I'm asking is, XX8 > KB8?

just a few days ago, grafittis were the highlight of the thread. guess people forgot about them huh? that's because volts are the best!

More like cuz Milk Snakes are releasing 1st

This.

Milk Snakes release 7/27, Graffitis release 8/14... There will still be plenty of time for people to hype up the Graffitis at the beginning of August by asking questions like "Do you think they are gonna be SUPER limited and TLO?" :smh: :rolleyes

Be honest, people have told me the XX8 is one of the best shoes they've ever worn in terms of overall package, even OVER the Kobe 8, which I thought was the best shoe ever as far as playing basketball in is concerned. So what I'm asking is, XX8 > KB8?
I've been curious to play in a pair of XX8s for this reason. I've heard a lot of praise for the XX8.

My guess is they would be very close in terms of being the best two hoop shoes to play in (interchangeable 1st and 2nd depending on preference).  I guess you know what you are getting with both of them and the main difference seems to be the zoom with the XX8.  My guess (only a guess) is that support, fit and traction are excellent in terms of both shoes.  At least we know this to be true with the 8s

I've liked the 8s too much to justify buying a pair of XX8s, but I've always been curious of their performance

Honestly, it just depends on personal preference. The XX8 is a SPECTACULAR shoe, super responsive, lockdown is tremendous, cushioning and traction is AMAZING...

The only problem for some may be that it sits higher of the ground, and the height of the shroud. Because the Kobe 8 is low cut, and sits lower to the ground, some will prefer that feeling better.

IMO, I love the XX8 over the KB8 if all things were equal... but $140 > $250 and the KB8 is a better looking shoe, but if I had to pick one to hoop in ONLY, it would be the XX8.

Last edited:
I personally like the 28 for basketball. But I don't think its over $100 better. The 8s are real close.

Honestly, it just depends on personal preference. The XX8 is a SPECTACULAR shoe, super responsive, lockdown is tremendous, cushioning and traction is AMAZING...

The only problem for some may be that it sits higher of the ground, and the height of the shroud. Because the Kobe 8 is low cut, and sits lower to the ground, some will prefer that feeling better.

IMO, I love the XX8 over the KB8 if all things were equal... but $140 > $250 and the KB8 is a better looking shoe, but if I had to pick one to hoop in ONLY, it would be the XX8.
I've heard the XX8 is a great shoe aswell, but I am not going to be purchasing a pair because of the price.  $250 is very steep for a bball shoe, especially when I can get a comparable pair that's just as good for under $100.

Just picked these up,sorry about the ****** pic.
Not as vivid in person as some if the pics lead me to believe.
These look nice, but it's an easy pass for me.  

I still don't get why Nike releases all of these colorways, but not the Laker colorways (Homes).  I'm sure other people, not just me, have gotten tired of waiting around.

wow the 3m swoosh looks nice in the shoe

also why are these called milk snakes? lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom