OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Love these.

Last edited:
i have 8 pairs of 7s and actually liked them. not for basketball since i dont play and they take a while to break in though. depending on the future colorways, i may end up with more pairs of the 8s cause theyre so damn comfortable.

No shipping info from dead stock yet, they said my order should be good when I called though. Fingers crossed...

Anyone from NDC get theirs shipped yet?

Mine were in progress and getting prepared for shipping earlier today but no tracking as of yet. Nike shipping sucks right now. I ordered Breds on the 21st and they are not due for delivery until tomorrow. A whole week. Normally I get stuff in about 3 days.

Mine were in progress and getting prepared for shipping earlier today but no tracking as of yet. Nike shipping sucks right now. I ordered Breds on the 21st and they are not due for delivery until tomorrow. A whole week. Normally I get stuff in about 3 days.
Well we gotta give them some slack given that it's around Christmas...

Why didn't Eric Avar and Co. put any flywire in this model? Do flywire and engineered mesh not work well with each other? Just curious cause the flywire was so cluth on the fit and stability of the V and VI. So far the fit of the engineered mesh and fuse panels feel sturdy enough but I haven't balled in them yet. 

It must be and thats a great point because I remember an interview with Avar saying they stuck with Flywire because they said this is the new and greatest thing and if they went away from it, then people would be like, why if you told us this was so great. I also think its funny how ndc has the tech under the shoe as having Zoom Air and Flywire when it has neither.

Just got my deadstock tracking email. Now to just hunt down a 13 to replace them with. Tried asking an eBay seller what his best price was on a 13 and he replied, "my buy it now is my best price because of the hype". Greedy bastard, hope you get stuck with them.

Played in my sulfurs for about 2 1/2 hours last night.

First off, i've got to say, i'm in LOVE with these on court.

The traction was my favorite part. It's always good to find a shoe that locks your foot to the floor when you need it. The 8 definitely does what it is supposed to. The herringbone wrapping around the medial side acts like a "medial outrigger" if you will, proving great traction on the inside of your foot when making sharp movements.

The fit was how I wanted it to be. A little snug but not overly tight by any means. I ALWAYS wear a 13 and did the same with this shoe. I wear an ankle brace on my left ankle and the fit didn't compromise or feel funny and awkward how it did with my Lebron X. The upper feels good and locked down as most others have reported.

The lunarlon was frickin amazing. I'm one of those that enjoy foam based cushioning systems but this one felt like another animal (PUN INTENDED) all together. The full length foam felt good during running and was definitely giving me the court feel I prefer. The slippage issue a few people have had didn't happen to me. I felt a slight movement on the right heel the first game but re-laced and tightened between games and had no other issues the rest of the night.

I'm not going to keep blabbing...i'll just tell you to get these for yourself. I really don't see how this shoe could of been any better and is a total night/day from the 7.

Ordered at about 1:30 eastern...by that logic I should be good to go then.
Hopefully. Plus they said you should be good when you called them. Lol I remember I was about to give up to because it just would not go through and I had been trying since like 10 AM PST. They had like almost a FSR at that time then by 4 PM all they had was the 8.5, 9, 9.5 lol and I had basically given up but my last effort went through apparently. I'm just hoping that they didn't send me the shipping info and then e-mail or call me later saying "oh we made a mistake, we actually don't have any more in stock/someone ordered before you/etc"

I think people pay whatever they feel the shoe is worth to them...
you don't have to like it, but duckets to you can be scruples to others....
Where they say that at???? lol j/k

KDs are junk to me on the level of a melo, id never own a pair. 2 greatcplayers wearin junk.... Im pretty happy with xmas 8. When grinch vi came out anybody could get them now people think they worth a g ?? Hell no its a nice shoe but in no way are they worth that

again no shoes are worth a G, and I have yet to see a pair sale for more than 600

Im about a 12.5 and went with a 13 and they are PERFECT! Way better for wide footers compared to the 7's

Agreed. I think people with wider feet will not suffer from the "slipping" on the bottom of the foot if they fill up most of the space inside the shoe.

That's why trying these on and getting your best fit really is recommended for these...

Hopefully. Plus they said you should be good when you called them. Lol I remember I was about to give up to because it just would not go through and I had been trying since like 10 AM PST. They had like almost a FSR at that time then by 4 PM all they had was the 8.5, 9, 9.5 lol and I had basically given up but my last effort went through apparently. I'm just hoping that they didn't send me the shipping info and then e-mail or call me later saying "oh we made a mistake, we actually don't have any more in stock/someone ordered before you/etc"
Wasn't thinking of PST when I posted, my order was actually 1:30 pst so about 4:30 est.  My concern-o-meter just skyrocketed lol.

Back
Top Bottom