OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

so....lol..just spent $600 on 3 pairs of "IDs"...smh....had 2get my Laker colorwayz sum how!...now thell probly release next month or sumthin with my luck...smh..lol....
also yesterday i picked up a pair on Ebay DS BHMs sz 13 that included the BHM elite socks and also a BHM shirt that matches the socks n shoes ...all for $250 shipped!!...whatchya think my fellow Nike family? IYO?...good price? or?...

well honestly if we all said no terrible price .. it wouldnt matter lol you already bought it.

just enjoy it 

idk bout that $600 though 
eyes.gif
 .... your money though, again enjoy

A lot better than paying 600 for the sparks

So?.....what do you think is the reason for "most" of us that we have this addiction (including myself) for these Kobe 8s?.....why outta all the shoes the Kobe 8 is the most sought after shoe?....basically.. why do we "practically" buy every colorway?...lol..smh.. ill admit...i need help!....lol...
also....IMO.....doest feel like all the "good" colorways are PEs and/or exclusives etc...basically we "including myself" all want the shoes that havent or wont release? lol...smh

as far as all the various CWs go, I don't get why the fireworks are so highly regarded vs. blitz blues, purple fades, blue lights, volts, etc... Those colorways are pretty clean and if anything the fireworks have "too much" going on for my taste. TO each their own, i just can't see spending what you would on 2 or 3 other great colorways to grab these. I am hopeful that plantinum, purple, and yellow colorway finally comes to fruition.....

as far as all the various CWs go, I don't get why the fireworks are so highly regarded vs. blitz blues, purple fades, blue lights, volts, etc... Those colorways are pretty clean and if anything the fireworks have "too much" going on for my taste. TO each their own, i just can't see spending what you would on 2 or 3 other great colorways to grab these. I am hopeful that plantinum, purple, and yellow colorway finally comes to fruition.....

100% agreed!.....although i wouldnt mind coppin the fireworks tho?....lol...
maybe the reason is ....cause we cant have em?...thats what makes peeps want em so bad?..
of course i feel that way bout ..homes, amnesties, inlines, etc...lol

So?.....what do you think is the reason for "most" of us that we have this addiction (including myself) for these Kobe 8s?.....why outta all the shoes the Kobe 8 is the most sought after shoe?....basically.. why do we "practically" buy every colorway?...lol..smh.. ill admit...i need help!....lol...
also....IMO.....doest feel like all the "good" colorways are PEs and/or exclusives etc...basically we "including myself" all want the shoes that havent or wont release? lol...smh

1. Innovation (Use of EM)
2. Comfort
3. CWs

It will help bring a new fanbase to the Kobe line.

Others will move onto the next "hot signature" the 8 system is this years KD IV in terms of popularity. IMO of course.

Last edited:
1. Innovation (Use of EM)

2. Comfort

3. CWs

It will help bring a new fanbase to the Kobe line.

Others will move onto the next "hot signature" the 8 system is this years KD IV in terms of popularity.

ya i can agree to that my friend...its like every colorway has a different pattern so basically its like a different shoe...even tho its the same shoe? lol ya feel me?....but yur 3 topics are spot on!

I bet its the hypebeast factor in that the shoe is a limited China exclusive release. Other than the limited factor, yeah I agree the shoe has way too much going on and really doesn't look that great IMO

I bet its the hypebeast factor in that the shoe is a limited China exclusive release. Other than the limited factor, yeah I agree the shoe has way too much going on and really doesn't look that great IMO

lol...But the question is.....if it happened to be released in the states would you buy?...lol

lol...But the question is.....if it happened to be released in the states would you buy?...lol
My answer, NO. And that's the truth really. I only own 2 pairs of Kobe 8s: the Black EXT YOTS and the Easters. The only other pair I like that I don't own is the Purple Fades. I plan on picking up the Pit Vipers when they release and that's about it.  I buy what I like, I don't buy into the hype.

Last edited:
Fades > Fireworks

Coming from someone who owns both colorways. Regardless of exclusivity (at this point) fireworks are still a nice CW.

I just think a lot of people highly regard the sparks because of the exclusivity factor it has and at the same time some people are hatin cuz they will most likely not release out here in the states but I'm sure it's not the case for everybody. I agree that the shoe definitely has a lot going on and if they were to release in the states I would definitely try to purchase it but aside from that I'm not gonna pay 300+ for them. But that's just me

dont know if its been posted but ....

http://sneakernews.com/2013/09/19/think-next-nike-doernbecher-freestyle-sneaker-releases/3/

Nike Kobe 8 Doernbecher

Over the last nine Doernbecher Freestyle Collections, a Nike Basketball signature sneaker has never been done. If we had to choose a starting point, the Nike Kobe 8 would the perfect candidate to set off a new string of Fall must-haves for a number of reasons; in addition to the sneaker’s immense popularity among the general public, the Kobe 8 Engineered Mesh upper has proved to be the perfect blank canvas for an artist to ham with a unique design. We’ve seen Pit Viper, Year of the Snake, Graffiti, and much more, and Nike could easily task the young designer to create a drawing or some sort mosaic graphic and have it as the focal point of the shoe’s design. “Nike Kobe 8 Doernbecher” definitely has a nice ring to it!

I'd love a Doernbecher Kobe 8 because I think it'd be amazing due to the mesh. But at the same time it wouldn't matter because I wouldn't have even a 1 percent chance of buying. Everything labeled Doernbecher gets snatched so fast its crazy.

so....lol..just spent $600 on 3 pairs of "IDs"...smh....had 2get my Laker colorwayz sum how!...now thell probly release next month or sumthin with my luck...smh..lol....
also yesterday i picked up a pair on Ebay DS BHMs sz 13 that included the BHM elite socks and also a BHM shirt that matches the socks n shoes ...all for $250 shipped!!...whatchya think my fellow Nike family? IYO?...good price? or?...

Very good pickup and price. I just paid 251 shipped for BHMs from Kickscrew and that was just shoes.

I'm addicted for a number of reasons. Kobe is my favorite player and beyond that, the shoe is just amazing. The mesh allows for some really crazy designs. The feel is great and they don't crease. I just love crazy looking shoes, so the Kobe 8s just have too much going for them not to be obsessed with them.

As for why the Fireworks are so wanted for a US release, for me, a number of reasons. I love loud shoes, the louder, the better. I also love the color of them. Then there's a personal touch that makes me want them. Fireworks every year are a big part of my life. Something my father got me into, the 4th of July is like my Xmas every year. Dad always puts on a big show and it's been somewhat of a tradition. I'm sure that reason isn't big on most peoples lists, but that reason alone would make them a nice sentimental pickup for me.

Last edited:
Yea and my mommy used to bake cookies meticulously carved in the shape of gingerbread men on X-mas morning that were so delicious and my whole family would gather around the tree and hold hands while we sang carols and opened presents.....that's exactly why the Christmas Kobe 8s hold so much sentiment to me.......LOL

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom