OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

yea, i assume they think its done intentional
mean.gif

i thought carbon fiber wasnt supposed to crack? SMH
carbon fiber breaks, watch f1

you're the Sammi dude everyone was talking about in the Yeezy thread? :rofl:

i didnt think you knew Ye :lol: wow man.

i remember you won some auction to play ball with Kobe :lol:

lol that is me...Not that many people believed that I actually know Ye.

The game with Kobe is in July we had to reschedule because of the injury (should be good).

if anyone with a cracked midfoot plate in these was wondering, nike does not consider that a manufacture defect. My blue lights have one cracked really bad leaving less support.

EDIT: Im sure if the entire plate is cracked through theyd probably issue a voucher.

yeah I got a small crak developing on my blue lights too, weird
I literally have a crack in every pair of my 8s :/. Something I had to a accept being 220 pounds.

It's not carbon fiber like years past though. It's reinforced glass tpu. The 9s might be back to the traditional cf.

I'm starting to get worried now. How come the What The Kobes aren't showing up on Nike.com's release calendars here http://help-en-us.nike.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/41986/p/3897 or here http://insider.nike.com/us/?
It's a QS though, probably won't get listed til the week before or something.

And I highly doubt the Mine Greys are the last Kobe 8s after everything we've already heard about WTKs, a Xmas 2.0 colorway, YOTH colorways, green pit vipers, etc etc...

yea, i assume they think its done intentional
mean.gif

i thought carbon fiber wasnt supposed to crack? SMH
in the email they said it was from abrasions which is false because i only hooped in them and that area doesnt come in contact with anything

I use my first pair of blue lights for the gym and casual use, basically they are my beaters but nothing that puts too much strain on them that they should crack

not complaining, got my money out of the shoe and have another on ice

you guys have "special" feet i have over 12 pairs of 8s all have been worn over 5 times (excepts MCs) and none have any signs of cracking or starting to crack

No worries, bruh. Don't want you to think I was attacking you. I was just speaking in general to dude that asked if the colored translucent soles would age poorly and compared them to the VBs since those have the potential to do so.

I know the struggle with the clear soled XIs, my retro Cool Greys have gotten pretty bad and they've only seen hardwood, too. Oh well.
Same to you, it was my bad I didn't realize you meant outside.

The XI's are impossible. Keep them in the box, in a baggy, in the closet, pull em out a few months later, YELLOW. No matter what.

Has anyone had a problem with heel bruising? I've balled in mine since February for a full season and lately the next day after a game my heel is bruised. I know lunarlon doesn't have an unlimited lifespan and after alot of mileage it will just go flat. But just wondering if anyone has had same experience?
I personally despise the lunarlon. I am 6'1'' 165 lbs. My heels ALWAYS feel the wear after a good hoops session. Not sure how others hold up with those inserts. 

This is with brand new ones too, not bottomed out.

you guys have "special" feet i have over 12 pairs of 8s all have been worn over 5 times (excepts MCs) and none have any signs of cracking or starting to crack
It seems you are the minority.

I own 6 pairs of 8s, 4 of 6 are cracked.

I have numerous friends with 8s, a ton of there's have cracked also. 

This forum and the ID forum have tons of cracked plates reported also.

My kobe feature releases at 3pm today on sneakernews.com hopefully you guys enjoy it.
Congrats on the collection. Given that you've seen pics of the 9, would you be aware of any other noteworthy 8's coming out in the next few months? 

Last edited:

Think they crack from playing in them. Not from casually wearing them, so nothing "special" about it

Back
Top Bottom