OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

My first pair of Kobe 8 is the SS xmas.  It feels a bit tight in the toe box.  I know everyone says you should size up 1/2 for the kobes, but I'm wondering if I just need to break them in.  Any insight?

My 2010 Laker Team Autographed Ball Arrived today ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Awesome pics!  Question for you: Did the ball come in that case, or did you have that already?  I am looking into buying a glass case like that where I can store a pair of shoes, but I can't find a place that sells them.

My first pair of Kobe 8 is the SS xmas.  It feels a bit tight in the toe box.  I know everyone says you should size up 1/2 for the kobes, but I'm wondering if I just need to break them in.  Any insight?
In my experience, my true size felt a little snug at the front at first.

It really depends on how you like the fit, but they will get roomier and break in a bit as you play in them.  Will you be hooping in them?

My girlfriend got it for me. It retails for 49.99. But she got it $ hobby lobby with 40% off coupon. So if there's a hobby lobby in Ur town check it out

In my experience, my true size felt a little snug at the front at first.

It really depends on how you like the fit, but they will get roomier and break in a bit as you play in them.  Will you be hooping in them?
Nah I like to hoop in the J 28s.  These are too nice to play in.  I'm hoping they will break in with normal wear.  Thanks for the info.  It's such a pain to try to size swap with these limited ones.

They are tight at first but after balling in them 1 or 2 times they fit perfect. No need to go a half size up IMO. I wear 2 pairs of socks with mine no problem.

Beautiful shoe.

Considerably heavier than all the other 8s though.

Is anyone else put off playing in them because of this?

Seems kinda counter-intuitive to ball in them. Nike took the lightest great performance shoe out there and added a few extra ounces to it with no performance benefits.

Nah I like to hoop in the J 28s.  These are too nice to play in.  I'm hoping they will break in with normal wear.  Thanks for the info.  It's such a pain to try to size swap with these limited ones.
No doubt.  And the 28s are money on court... just scooped some of those.  But I do still love playing in these kobe 8s.  The Kobes definitely run smaller than the 28s if that helps at all.

I personally go up a full size in all of my Kobe 8s and love it.I wear a 10 in most shoes and a 10.5 is fine in these but I have wide feet and the 11 is perfect and more comfy.

Any news on the blue YOTH cw that's supposed to drop, 639654-400?  I've just seen that basketrevolution.es lists it with an unknown release date.

FedEX dropped off my SS a day earlier than expected. Used the black laces on the Graffiti so the lace swap was a must. Put the lace lock on my rearview mirror until next Christmas lol.

Had to put the mat underneath :rofl:

I personally go up a full size in all of my Kobe 8s and love it.I wear a 10 in most shoes and a 10.5 is fine in these but I have wide feet and the 11 is perfect and more comfy.
Whoa.  I'm a 10 too and a 10 is perfect for me on court.  I assume you're not playing in them at that size.

nah,just casually lol.There are not big on me and the 10.5 is cool on me as well.If I did not have wide feet,I would get the 10s,or 10.5 for more room.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom