OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Bruh, I'm far from being overweight and out of shape. I have a consistent lifting program and I also play basketball at school
laugh.gif

Just playing 15+ years of basketball will take a toll on your body. That's just how it is. As you get older, your knees deteriorate. They become more sensitive to shock. Shoot, yesterday at work my knees were barking after work from standing around too much in dress shoes throughout the day.
Do you play a lot. 2-3 hours 3-4 days for 15 years? Either that or you might be older than i think you are

Btw lifting should be at a minimum if you play basketball regularly. Too much muscle mass is just going to slow you down and put more pressure on your knee.

Last edited:
That's interesting. So was that Kobe's issue as well, that he's fat and out of shape?

Not sure I completely understand where you're coming from.......But when did Kobe have back problems with the V's? And his knee problems started when he was with Adidas.

BTW, all of these pictures posted are of fakes.

Not sure I completely understand where you're coming from.......But when did Kobe have back problems with the V's? And his knee problems started when he was with Adidas.

Have you seen the official kobe 8s? :nerd:

^ I wish, but I've seen these pics on websites that sell fakes.

So since that dude above wanted the fake pictures removed from the first page, you'd pretty much have to remove all of the pictures posted because none of these are legit as far as I know.

These are fake:

..and I believe these to be real:

..so I'm saying remove the fake knockoffs from the first page..

Do you play a lot. 2-3 hours 3-4 days for 15 years? Either that or you might be older than i think you are

Btw lifting should be at a minimum if you play basketball regularly. Too much muscle mass is just going to slow you down and put more pressure on your knee.
I'm 20. I've been playing since I was 5. 

And that too much muscle mass thing is baloney imo. Thanks for the advice though fam, I appreciate you trying to help

if that's the actual shoe, they remind me of the PROD 5's for some reason, i prefer the VI's, they seemed to hug my feet more than the VII

Really, so you mean to tell me that he was wearing Adidas back when he went to get that experimental knee treatment over in Germany last year?

Or how about the beginning of this year, when his foot was acting up?

No, I guess the real reason was that he's fat and then out of shape.

eyes.gif

Kobe knee problem is not a direct result of his shoes. It's all the jumping and running that build up over the years.

Weight has direct relation to height too. If you're below 6 foot your body weight should not exceed 200lbs.
But it's not because he's fat and out of shape, right?

Something tells me that you are clueless.

I don't understand your point or what you're getting at. I made that clear the first time I replied to you and I still don't see your point.

I never said Kobe was fat and out of shape, I said that he's been having knee problems that originally started when he was signed with Adidas. He's continued to have knee problems throughout his career.

My point is that the Kobe V's really had nothing to do with his knee problems. Especially since he had already had serious knee issues before the Kobe V's and Nike.

Not to mention that Kobe is always in shape. No one can ever question whether he is in shape or not because he always is.

lows have ZERO to do with you feet/ankles.

i hate when people assume that you will sprain or injure your ankle playing in lows. 96% of those people who say that never played basketball or play competitively.

Really, so you mean to tell me that he was wearing Adidas back when he went to get that experimental knee treatment over in Germany last year?

Or how about the beginning of this year, when his foot was acting up?

No, I guess the real reason was that he's fat and then out of shape.

eyes.gif
He was already having problems in Adidas and that's a fact. Not saying that Nike didn't add to it but Adidas caused the original issues.

I don't understand your point or what you're getting at. I made that clear the first time I replied to you and I still don't see your point.
I never said Kobe was fat and out of shape, I said that he's been having knee problems that originally started when he was signed with Adidas. He's continued to have knee problems throughout his career.
My point is that the Kobe V's really had nothing to do with his knee problems. Especially since he had already had serious knee issues before the Kobe V's and Nike.
Not to mention that Kobe is always in shape. No one can ever question whether he is in shape or not because he always is.
You don't understand my point, because you jumped in on a comment that was directed toward Alpha Wolf, who told someone to lose weight, and then not the shoes. He was assuming that the poster was fat and out of shape, which was wrong.

Also, you don't want to get into injuries and what brand caused them with me, as I have a ton of info that points to your favorite brand, and you wont like what I have to post.

Last edited:
He was already having problems in Adidas and that's a fact. Not saying that Nike didn't add to it but Adidas caused the original issues.
You don't know WHAT caused the original issue unless you are Kobe Bryant or his doctor. It could have happened in a fall during practice, or it could have happened off court. 

Of course not.

I do find it comical that this question would be the fall back though, then without dealing with the possibilities that were posted.

It's cool though, I understand.
You sound mad all the time bro. You're like the adidas watch dog or some ish. I hope they're paying you for this because you damn sure deserve it. For the record, F Nike and Adidas.

You sound mad all the time bro. You're like the adidas watch dog or some ish. I hope they're paying you for this because you damn sure deserve it. For the record, F Nike and Adidas.
I sound mad due to the blunt honesty, but that's just how I type. I am not the Adidas watchdog, I simply address the blatant lies and misinformation that's posted from time to time. 

Telling someone that they need to lose weight and that is why the shoes don't work for them, then factoring in that you don't know who you are talking to, is quite silly.

Wouldn't you say so?

Last edited:
I'm 20. I've been playing since I was 5. 

And that too much muscle mass thing is baloney imo. Thanks for the advice though fam, I appreciate you trying to help
You're 20 and your knee is already hurting?

God damn. lol rip

Let's calm down everybody. Longstroke didn't bring up Adidas in this case and was just talking about a previous poster's comment.

Kobe V didn't give me any problem and i play uptempo style.

Lose weight and get in shape. Your knee and back will thank you
That's interesting. So was that Kobe's issue as well, that he's fat and out of shape?

We are getting closer and closer to official images that we are all getting antsy here.8)

I am still very curious as to what options for insoles the system will have. I'd rather not have another high cuff option and just make two different low insert options with different cushioning set ups.

Back
Top Bottom